It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers discover mysterious holes in the seafloor off Central California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I know it might be a stretch here, but do you think there maybe a correlation between these mysterious holes and the UAP " tic tac" videos from the Navy ?

During a recent survey of the deep seafloor off Big Sur, MBARI researchers discovered thousands of mysterious holes or pits in the seafloor. Scientists and resource managers want to understand how these pits formed because this area is the site of a proposed wind-energy farm. Researchers Eve Lundsten and Charles Paull describe their discovery this week at the Fall 2019 meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco.

The researchers found two different sizes of holes. The larger ones, known as pockmarks, average 175 meters (almost 600 feet) across and five meters (16 feet) deep, and are nearly circular and fairly evenly spaced. Some of these pockmarks were initially discovered by MBARI scientists in 1999 during a seafloor survey using ship-mounted sonar. Over the last few years, additional surveys by MBARI and other organizations revealed over 5,200 pockmarks spread out over 1,300 square kilometers (500 square miles), making this area the largest known pockmark field in North America.

More recently, MBARI conducted detailed seafloor surveys using sonar mounted on autonomous underwater vehicles. These surveys revealed thousands of smaller pits, which they termed micro-depressions. The micro-depressions average just 11 meters (36 feet) across and one meter (three feet) deep. They have steeper sides than the pockmarks and are often elongated in one direction.

phys.org...

With this summer’s revelation that the US Navy considers UFOs and “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena” (UAPs) to be real, a team of venture capitalists, university professors, and military veterans are launching a project to track UFOs off the coast of California.

UAP eXpeditions is a non-profit group based in Oregon that will “field a top-notch group of uber-experienced professionals providing the public service of field testing new UAP related technologies.” With some of the Silicon Valley UFO Hunters, UAP eXpeditions will pioneer the ability to predict, find, observe, and document UAP for study and analysis. They will use “classical observation techniques, by trained observers and scientists, while using the latest experimental technologies—in the right places and the right times,” Kevin Day, the group’s founder and CEO, wrote in a Facebook post viewed by Motherboard.

www.vice.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Maybe the military was testing bomb technology back over sixty years ago. I am sure that they would not be telling people that they were doing that, people would have gotten upset because it scared their food away.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot
Even if there were. Dont see how it would matter.

I mean the oceans take up more then 70% of the surface of the globe, makes the landmass what 30%, and even on that 30 landmass, 90% of that is open country with humans mostly living in cities or surrounding areas most areas people have not even stepped foot and only seen through flybys or satellites once in a while when they pass by.

So...if there were something in the ocean, it would dwarf things, it would be like trying to find a flee from space, thats somewhere in the whole state of Colorado.

Even if there were something there. They would have no need to hide whatsoever given the distances and sheer underwater mass involved. You could have billions of people living underwater in underwater cities, next to each-other in little underwater bubbles, and no two people would even meet each other in there whole lifetimes, if ever while living there.

Lets just say, if there underwater UFOs or bases there. They would not need to work that hard at hiding if at all. And no doubt there is a crap ton about the ocean bottom scientists or anybody has yet to discover, or likely will discover in the next thousands of years.

So yes, finding holes at the bottom of a small speck of the ocean that they cant explain or never knew were there...Is completely and absolutely normal.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
C'mon man....nobody gonna say.....I will

that uso base that looks like a shelf on the map of the sea floor, ya know we had a thread about that 2 years ago

so, where was that shelf....it was huge and righ there about ....central Cali

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My money is on them being formed by methane or other gas bubbles leaving the ocean floor.
Especially with the seismic activity off cali.
You can see the silt deposits down current on the small ones.
..or really big crawdaddies. They make the same perfect circle shape in silt.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Probably from ocean currents. If you want to find Aliens near Los Angeles, look for the underground tunnels that people have long reported seeing weird creatures crawl out of.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I know, I know, I was just throwing it out there as a " hey, wait a minute" thought.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Probably from ocean currents. If you want to find Aliens near Los Angeles, look for the underground tunnels that people have long reported seeing weird creatures crawl out of.

Yep!
And now they are in the "house"

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

My thoughts exactly. I'll have to look into it but maybe you or someone else knows if methane releases have happened recently or in the past.
I think that could give some clue.

Btw OP, great thread

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
C'mon man....nobody gonna say.....I will

that uso base that looks like a shelf on the map of the sea floor, ya know we had a thread about that 2 years ago

so, where was that shelf....it was huge and righ there about ....central Cali

That be this place, I think off Malibu. ( with substantial creative license.)

Lots of speculation about this area.
edit on 11-12-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

More holes. Someone looking for buried treasure.

Remember the holes in Siberia?

Are "they" searching for something long ago lost?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thinking something to do with gold. Looks like there was a Gold Rush back in the 1800's in California, maybe there is deposits of gold out at sea someone is searching for, be tey aliens or human or even sub sea creatures / usos

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Way back in the late '70's/'80's I had a dream where I was standing in my grandmothers garden and looking out over the bay her house overlooked, when all of a sudden 3 metallic black and silver 'craft' came out of the sea and flew off at lightening speed. They resembled the front end of a Blue Whale....or similar...where it has the striations on its underside.

I recounted my dream to a friend who was in the UK military at the time. He told me that almost all the craft that disappear in the Bermuda Triangle were due to UFO's. There were holes...or rather tunnels at the sea bed, that when sonar was sent down, they didn't 'ping' back so they have no idea how far/deep they went. He said that they were all over the planet and they would move around from one 'base' to the next.

Something....or nothing.....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I'm thinking something underneath (i.e lava or water) is on the move allowing weaker areas above to strain through to the void left behind.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Fascinating account from the military person. Wouldn't be surprised if the locations of the sea bed holes was on similar energy meeting points like Arbor Low, Snowdon, East Mersea Island, Michael's something or other on the other side, etc same as on the surface of the planet Earth. Wonder if the military suspect them to be actual physical holes or more frewuency energy points to enter other dimesnions

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Not much in the way of clarity to work with, but I think its something rising up (or that did at some point) (gas bubbles, magma, etc.) That formed a solidified tube wall, and the "silt" around the edges of the depression are what pushed up.

Although, they're not very deep - at all. ~16 feet? So, I don't know if that fits. Probably definitely doesn't fit for a USO tunnel though, unless its just a parking spot.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Fascinating account from the military person. Wouldn't be surprised if the locations of the sea bed holes was on similar energy meeting points like Arbor Low, Snowdon, East Mersea Island, Michael's something or other on the other side, etc same as on the surface of the planet Earth. Wonder if the military suspect them to be actual physical holes or more frewuency energy points to enter other dimesnions

Like your thinking....those Ley lines and such being invisible 'highways'...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

would it be nosy to ask what branch of the forces your friend was in angel?

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
An ancient asteroid broke up in the atmosphere and rained big pieces down hard enough to reach the ocean floor and create pock marks?

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

top topics

join