It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney Warns New 'Star Wars' Movie May Cause Seizures For Those With Photosensitive Epilepsy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

"Out of an abundance of caution," the statement read, "we recommend that you provide at your venue box office and online, and at other appropriate places where your customers will see it, a notice containing the following information: 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' contains several sequences with imagery and sustained flashing lights that may affect those who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or have other photosensitivities."

Disney Warning

If Your Photo Sensitive be careful, apparently They are going to cover-up crappy writing with overdone effects.

Probably should have toned it down.

edit on 12/10/2019 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

edit on 10-12-2019 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

new mk ultra tech

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Trying out MIB technology on the audience to make them forget how bad this and the other Disney Star Wars movies actually are? Cleaver if it works.

On second thought, if they can erase the memory of the Disney Star Wars movies entirely, they can get the audience to pay to watch them all over again, Pure genius.
edit on 12 10 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 10 2019 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I would think this is a common problem with movies today.
The shaking camera and flashing cut scenes makes people nauseous.

On a side note...
Are there really that many people suffering from epilepsy?
I can't think of anyone I know personally that has it.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is no reason that a TV show or show in a Theater should trigger an epileptic seizure. I have epilepsy, but even before I had a problem with it, lights could trigger some really bad effects to my brain. The majority of people are effected by photosensitive overload. If a lot of it is present, it can last for an hour, it can effect a person's ability to drive home to a certain extent. So can loud noises like gunshots and explosions.

What is the reason that they need to create a movie like that, can't they just hire good actors anymore instead of filling the show with flashes and sounds?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?
edit on 10-12-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

Cut and Paste...My words are not actually capitalized!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Thust me, it causes seizures... and not for those with photosensitive issues.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING WHILE ASKING WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?????

Oo

WHEN NO BODY SHOUTED!!! oO

-- I missed something didn't I.. I blame the chemical concoction I am on atm from the legitimate and reputable big pharma companies...

*hisss* *booo*..
edit on 10-12-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe they are using new subliminal messaging techniques to trick the audience into thinking Disney produced a good movie? I have no doubt there should be a “may cause nausea” warning as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So I wouldn't be able to see it anyhow. I have photosensitive migraines and Epi I gave me a nasty migraine from the droid/gungan fight.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I wonder if there will be a 3D release?

Part of the 3D encoding involves rapid flashing of alternate frames (for the different polarized views for each eye, filtered through the 3D glasses, which is why the total brightness of the image is vastly reduced).

This may combine to enhance oscillating brightness unpredictably when the neural signals are processed.

I know I usually find 3D movies vaguely uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

3d ... 1 hr of absolute amazement 6 hrs of punking in the the bathtub with a migraine

U know that 6 hrs of puking still sounds slightly better than watching disney ruine starwars for 2 hrs

top topics

join