It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've hit rock bottom.......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I stopped reading at mothers basement.

They would be a few decades late on that one.

I'm also appalled you seem to think I'm some sort of millennial.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Wow, ghosting you is one thing, but the bitch even took your dog(guys have gone on killing sprees for things like that, movies have been written).

That's a tough one.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I had very bad intentions..very bad. Thankfully I never acted on them. I have a new dog now, and he's prettier than she ever was.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Apologies.

Just trying to cheer you up...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Carpet Crawlers -- You've gotta get in to get out

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-12-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm really sorry to hear you're in such a dark place. The world can seem lonely at times. There's plenty of good people out there to help. The fact you asked is a good sign.

Personally when i hit what i would describe was my bottom my ascension was achieved by the following thought process:

What is making you unhappy? Stop doing it right now. Begin the process of fighting your problems.

Create a list of the things you want from life and make a plan to achieve them.

Believe in yourself, stick to your deadlines on what you need to achieve.

Remember you are the master of your own reality, perception is our only true possession.

If you believe in God, ask him for help. Worship of the cosmos may not get you a winning lottery ticket however it can give comfort in times of need.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Rock bottom is Doritos and Dr Pepper for sustenance while wearing worn out Batman pajamas while writing fan fiction episodes for Small Wonder and Punky Brewster, only to accidentally submit them.

You on the other hand are incurable.

I would suggest Scotch.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What use to society does a monster like me have?

Hang on. In 2020 you can vote for Trump.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Lumenari

Take classes on something you've always been interested in.

Get a hobby that takes time and money.

Start a new business.

Invent something.

Write a book.

You're bored.

You are at that weird point in life where you have what you need but haven't figured out yet what you want out of life.

Fix that.

I could take classes on scotch.

My hobby is drinking scotch(and apparently watching fuller house), it costs money and takes time.

I could start a business that has something to do with scotch?

I could invent a new way of drinking scotch?

I can't read, seems like a prerequisite to writing.

I am bored.

Seems like you are pretty much telling me to keep doing what I'm doing......

Horrible advice....I expected better of you.

Go to Scotland and find a better quality scotch, then get drunk on it in Scotland and eat haggis.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I say, when you think you've hit rock bottom...
TIME TO MINE IT!
How far (down the rock-bottom-mine-shaft) can we go, let's dig!
Caution: my personal mining tools are somewhat volatile concoctions involving multiple components, not all drinkable, mileage may vary, you might want to get some Bowmore Islay Claret Cask...

The solace is in making the effort (any effort, any interest, any distraction: Write another scotch review).
Remember the infantile joke "what's big & red & eats rocks? - a Big Red rock eater!"
EAT ROCKS!

Remember, you're only getting stronger while you're livin' longer.
Way Back When some youngsters went absolutely schizo for life while taking a psychedelic trip that's going to wear off in a few hours (ok, well "few" is a relative term, but you catch my drift.)

Point Being..

Tomorrow is a nude-A - enter it with more knowledge than you have 2day (even if it's how much "Fuller" you can stand before spewing). After sleep & shower you can pickup the journey again - or choose to go somewhere else.

ganjoa
PS I'd like to take this opportunity to discourage written review of your "Fuller" binge watching, please more Scotch & Movie Reviews

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Start taking Brazilian Jiu jitsu, you can thank me later
edit on 10-12-2019 by canuckster because: Autocorrect....

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My experience with alcohol is that it is so much more of a hardcore drug then society let's on.

Bring back the skull and cross bones on the bottles.

Alcohol just sucks the water from your body

It's a heavy depressant so the more you do the more depressed you get.

Worst feeling is when you wake in the morning and your body and mind wants a beer.

You know hunger pains , soon your body won't be able to distinguish between being hungry and wanting alcohol.

Not good

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Try mixed drinks instead of liquor straight, it's more self limiting and much easier on the system. I drink everyday too but I mix 2 shots with 16oz of mixer. Rum and cola here but I've been using diet lately. Despite being kinda gross it saves 200 calories per drink. If I took straight shots it'd make me feel like #.

How much fluid can you fit in your body within a set amount of time before your system sends full signals to your brain? Exactly. It's the same concept as drinking beer; you can't go too hard too fast.

After a year or so, when you dont have a drink within a certain amount of time, you'll get anxiety, sweating, muscle twitches and some level of shaking. When you have a drink ofc it'll all go away. You'll be at class or work noticing the symptoms appear and slowly get worse with having a drink asap being your priority.

It wont be about fun anymore, you wont necessarily enjoy the buzz so much or want to chase it; just enough will bring relief and functionality in your daily life. Same for sleep, you'll need it to do so but then you'll wake up to piss alot and start suffering from those symptoms making it hard to go back to sleep so you might have another one for the sake of rest so you can perform the following day.

I'll have a double mixed drink to start the day with lunch an hour before going to work. It's not just a .05 BAC, it's much higher at first. I don't know why people never mention this but if you drink it quickly your BAC spikes to over .10 for an hour. Even though I feel fine because of tolerance and am fine, maybe even sharper because my receptors are balanced, I'm technically a DUI and possibly the 2nd level (.15 which is go directly to jail for 5 days, then 30 after court). I bought a cheap breathalyzer for $30 a couple years ago to play with and now I live by it.

Not trying to scare or dissuade you, telling you the truth. It sucks but it's life.
edit on 10-12-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Everyone hits bottom at some point. What happens next is who you are:

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I had an old roadie from the Marshall Tucker Band teach me the perfect 7&7. Tastes just like ginger ale until you collapse and taste blood from hitting the floor too hard. I’ll be fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Alright MisterSpock....put down the scotch, remote, unplug "Siri", step away slowly from the television. We have a real-world goin' on out here!

Be careful or next you'll be binge-watching "Third Rock from the Sun"...or worse...old reruns of "Dynasty".

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'd rather spend my free time talking on forums and playing a game but to each their own. If I have roughly 12-16 hours before I have to be back at work and half of that goes to sleep ideally (Why do I have these bags under my eyes? I look like someone punched me), I have to factor in a shower, errand if need be, eating but also cooking, and yeah. With the little chunk of time I have left, I certainly don't want to waste it watching some kind of simulated fiction. I'd rather create the simulated fiction or interact with it.

I thought binge watching series on Netflix was predominantly a female thing. I'm sure guys do it but less common.

I had a double some short time ago, I dunno how long ago, I don't keep a log but it made me go from .00 to .11. When I checked it 30-45min later I was a .07. One does not simply metabolize .04 in less than an hour. If I check it in another 30mins it'd probably be .03 or .04. The more you know.

You know those people (most of them) who finish their drink quickly before going home from the bar? They may have only had a couple or a few that night but leave less than 15min later? They probably think 1 = .025

How many beers is .08 BAC?
Standard Drinks and BAC
For every one drink, your BAC goes up by about 0.02 percent, so reaching a BAC of 0.08 percent takes about four to five drinks. However, that does not take into account any of the various factors that contribute to how you process alcohol.

www.lowcostinterlock.com...

edit on 10-12-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Try mixed drinks instead of liquor straight, it's more self limiting and much easier on the system. I drink everyday too but I mix 2 shots with 16oz of mixer. Rum and cola here but I've been using diet lately. Despite being kinda gross it saves 200 calories per drink. If I took straight shots it'd make me feel like #.

How much fluid can you fit in your body within a set amount of time before your system sends full signals to your brain? Exactly. It's the same concept as drinking beer; you can't go too hard too fast.

After a year or so, when you dont have a drink within a certain amount of time, you'll get anxiety, sweating, muscle twitches and some level of shaking. When you have a drink ofc it'll all go away. You'll be at class or work noticing the symptoms appear and slowly get worse with having a drink asap being your priority.

It wont be about fun anymore, you wont necessarily enjoy the buzz so much or want to chase it; just enough will bring relief and functionality in your daily life. Same for sleep, you'll need it to do so but then you'll wake up to piss alot and start suffering from those symptoms making it hard to go back to sleep so you might have another one for the sake of rest so you can perform the following day.

I'll have a double mixed drink to start the day with lunch an hour before going to work. It's not just a .05 BAC, it's much higher at first. I don't know why people never mention this but if you drink it quickly your BAC spikes to over .10 for an hour. Even though I feel fine because of tolerance and am fine, maybe even sharper because my receptors are balanced, I'm technically a DUI and possibly the 2nd level (.15 which is go directly to jail for 5 days, then 30 after court). I bought a cheap breathalyzer for $30 a couple years ago to play with and now I live by it.

Not trying to scare or dissuade you, telling you the truth. It sucks but it's life.

Your better then that. Tough situation.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The first step: STOP WATCHING FULLER HOUSE a reply to: MisterSpock

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If 'you' are bored: then dump the 'you', and boredom will be no longer !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join