It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tories Sink To New Low.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Leeds Hospital is appallingly managed, like numerous NHS hospitals.
Wastage, nepotism and back handers from suppliers are endemic within the NHS.

That most certainly isn't an excuse to privatise the NHS, they are areas where improvements should be made and would make our treasured NHS far more efficient.

Boris Johnson IS NOT responsible for all the problems within the NHS.

Things were pretty similar under Bliar......but The Tories have been in power since 2010. Ample time to improve things yet they have failed miserably.
Boris Johnson has been Prime Minister since July this year and has never held a ministerial position in The Department of Health and Social Care.....he can hardly be held responsible for everything that is wrong with the NHS.
It runs much deeper.

However, and its a big #ing however, he has been a member of the Tory Party that has been responsible for seriously under-funding the NHS, permitting the wastage and mis-management etc and has hardly inspired confidence in his denial that parts of the NHS will be sold off as part of any post-Brexit trade deal with the US.

And even more to the point it most definitely does not excuse his appalling response to the reporter and further proves his inability to answer specific questions without relying on pre-scripted political soundbites - exactly the same as Corbyn and Swinson.
None of them inspire any sort of confidence at all and are thoroughly unsuitable for any sort of postion of responsibility let alone the highest office of all.

An absolutely abominable position for the country to be in and a dreadful choice for the electorate to make on Thursday.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

The hospital has apologised already;

Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, said: "Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack's family had a long wait in our Emergency Department."

I've no doubt they may have been busy and crowded. However I don't believe

he was being treated on the floor. If he was waiting I'm sure a parent with

half a brain would have pushed two seats together to make the child

comfortable, If I had been waiting I would have offered my seat to be used.

A bit off topic but on a long distance flight the woman next to me had a baby

(approx. 12 months old) on her knee I fell asleep and when I woke up there

was no child, I sat there for some time wondering what she had done with it

eventually she reached for it from the floor of the seat in front!!!

Regardless, Boris' behaviour with the ITN reporter was bizarre to say the least...he's a chump anyway...it seems like politics are full of chumps these days.

I agree ..... but I dare say the constant press intrusion when invited and when

not can be very stressful!!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The NHS needs taking out of the hands of politicians and the money needs to be ring fenced and increase by inflation year on year, it should not be a political football to be passed around by bufoons in parliment, Aneurin Bevan would be disgusted at how it has been abused

I've been saying this for some time now.

The only thing I would add is that I would increase the spending by inflation plus a small amount annually.

I'd probably do the same with education, unfortunately the 'experts' in that field seem to be politically correct snowflakes and we really need them consigning to somewhere like Lundy along with ALL the current crop of politicians and their army of policy advisors etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There was a post made on FaceBook by a senior nurse that the boy was on a trolley, had been seen within 20 minutes of arriving at the hospital and the mother had taken her son off the trolley and put him on the floor and taken a photo.
The trolley can be seen clearly next to the boy.
Whether the post is genuine or not....no idea.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS MUCH....I am a mother, and if I had been in that hospital, and there were no beds or trolleys available....there ain't no way on God's good earth I would put my child down on a 'pile of coats', then photograph him and make a bloody political statement out of it on social media, when he is that ill I have to take him to the hospital!!!! PERIOD!
He would be in my arms and sat on my knee!!!

Angry Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

In case you miss it, the story of the 4 year old boy on the hospital floor is the lead story on The BBC 10 O'clock news.
Still think it's fake ?

Just in case you missed it I think its worth repeating post by angelchemuel

There was a post made on FaceBook by a senior nurse that the boy was on a trolley, had been seen within 20 minutes of arriving at the hospital and the mother had taken her son off the trolley and put him on the floor and taken a photo.
The trolley can be seen clearly next to the boy.
Whether the post is genuine or not....no idea.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU THIS MUCH....I am a mother, and if I had been in that hospital, and there were no beds or trolleys available....there ain't no way on God's good earth I would put my child down on a 'pile of coats', then photograph him and make a bloody political statement out of it on social media, when he is that ill I have to take him to the hospital!!!! PERIOD!
He would be in my arms and sat on my knee!!!

IS THAT FAKE ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I thought you didn't like " fake news " ? Because that is what you have just posted.

Here is the account from the boys mother.

Sarah added: "A doctor rushed in and said he needed the bed. "We were taken out of that room and placed in another room which had no bed to lie in. "My son was forced to sleep on the floor. "He just couldn't settle or get comfy, he said he wanted to lay down. "He was not able to settle, he kept sitting on the floor. "Jack's coat was on the floor and he ended up laying on top of it." Jack - who was using an oxygen mask while laid on the floor - was diagnosed with Influenza A and Tonsillitis by doctors.

www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk... e-lack-beds-1334909

Nice try anyway.
edit on 9-12-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Then SHAME ON HER...for taking his photo!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

How do you know his mother took the photo?

You presume to much.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You presume to much.

Oh FFS! Shame on her letting somebody else take a photo of her son on the floor!.....Better???

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You presume to much.

Oh FFS! Shame on her letting somebody else take a photo of her son on the floor!.....Better???

Again you presume to much.

How do you know she allowed it? Was she there with her son when it was taken? Maybe she nipped to the toilet? If you want to make comments then at least back it up with facts. Come back when you have some.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You presume to much.

Again you presume to much.

How do you know she allowed it? Was she there with her son when it was taken? Maybe she nipped to the toilet? If you want to make comments then at least back it up with facts. Come back when you have some.

So now you are saying the mother 'maybe' nipped to the toilet as a response....hole getting deeper much?
My initial comment was as a mother myself....don't need to back that up with anything!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'd rather slit my wrists than vote Tory, disgusting lot!

CX

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The BBC reporter who reported those lies about the punch, has just tried to apologise, but she's getting tons of flak for posting rubbish without checking her facts.

CX.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
All those screaming fake news, the actual hospital has issued an apology, maybe Facebook don't hold the truth after all, it's just another echo chamber.

"Unfortunately, the unit was also experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand which meant that Jack was required to wait in the clinical treatment room in the Paediatric Emergency Department until a bed became available.

"Jack was admitted to the CAT Unit later that evening and was discharged home the following morning after a medical review.

'We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available, and no bed'
“We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family.

“We are increasing the bed availability in our Children’s Hospital and our Children’s Assessment and Treatment Unit will be relocating to a larger area in the new year.

"We are continuing to develop the plans for our new Children’s Hospital in Leeds which will be built in 2025

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And why would anyone say taking his picture was wrong? Would have you believed the mothers story without the picture. Naah, you would have said fake news.
A picture paints a thousand words.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The hospital has apologised already;

Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, said: "Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack's family had a long wait in our Emergency Department."

I've no doubt they may have been busy and crowded. However I don't believe

he was being treated on the floor.

That's the point, he wasn't being treated, he was waiting for treatment...a suspected virus of all things.
Take it from there, and you can well imagine how things went downward pretty fast.

As a POI, a B-I-L of mine spent a whole night on a trolley in a corridor just a few weeks ago waiting for a bed, and he's someone who's condition can become unstable very quickly. The situation is dire just about everywhere, Northern Ireland is no different, perhaps even worse in many areas, even though there is really a very small population here.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes you are correct. Things are dire in The NHS.

A HOSPITAL trust has sent its condolences to a family whose relative died after being kept waiting in an ambulance outside Worcestershire Royal Hospital. The man, who had been waiting for an hour in the ambulance, went into cardiac arrest while waiting to be seen.

www.worcesternews.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's the point, he wasn't being treated, he was waiting for treatment...a suspected virus of all things.
Take it from there, and you can well imagine how things went downward pretty fast.

Really? that medical equipment/apparatus he has on he went into the

hospital with? Did his mother have the medical knowledge to know how

to attach it? Suspected virus? He was discharged the next morning. Many

people use the hospital emergency dept as the doctors surgery.

As a POI, a B-I-L of mine spent a whole night on a trolley in a corridor just a few weeks ago waiting for a bed, and he's someone who's condition can become unstable very quickly. The situation is dire just about everywhere, Northern Ireland is no different, perhaps even worse in many areas, even though there is really a very small population here.

Well that was better than the floor!!! things may just be improving?

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes you are correct. Things are dire in The NHS.

A HOSPITAL trust has sent its condolences to a family whose relative died after being kept waiting in an ambulance outside Worcestershire Royal Hospital. The man, who had been waiting for an hour in the ambulance, went into cardiac arrest while waiting to be seen.

They sent their condolences to the bereaved.......

Chances are he would have died anyway. Not everyone can be saved.

I can assure you that first responsers/paramedics are very well qualified

they have to be they give the patient the best chance of recovery without

their knowledge and ability many patients would would die before they even

reached a hospital.....

From personal knowledge *I am in awe of them* and what they do.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

'I was hacked,' says woman whose account claimed hospital boy photo was staged

“I was hacked. I am not a nurse and I certainly don’t know anyone in Leeds,” said the woman, whose name the Guardian is withholding because she says she has received death threats. “I’ve had to delete everything as I have had death threats to myself and my children.”

The original viral post on the medical secretary’s Facebook account said, “I am a nurse myself” and cited a “good friend of mine” at Leeds General. It claimed the boy in the photo “was in fact put there by his mother who then took photos on her mobile phone and then uploaded it to media outlets”. The post dismissed the pictures of the ill boy as “another Momentum propaganda story”, despite the fact the hospital had already apologised for his treatment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join