It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cynocephali Dog headed men a myth or lost hybrid people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
www.stolenhistory.org...

As bizarre and fantastical as it sounds to our modern ears, there is a long history of recorded accounts of a race of creatures known as the dog-headed men....Medieval travelers Giovanni da Pian del Carpine and Marco Polo both mention cynocephali. Giovanni writes of the armies of Ogedei Khan who encounter a race of dogheads who live north of Lake Baikal. Polo's Travels mentions the dog-headed barbarians on the island of Angamanain, or the Andaman Islands........long-lived race with lifespans of over 150 years.

A few nights of insomnia can lead to some pretty interesting searches. Somehow I landed on Dog headed men. There are many articles but the one I linked above is one of the better ones that I could find. (check out the dogman statue at the Vatican) I also read a few articles about babies born with very dog like features right here in the US in the 1800's. Some would say these were just birth defects, but to be born with both a well formed snout and dew claws? Although there are many modern sighting of dog-men around the world, I couldn't find any modern birth stories.

There are quotes from the bible that deal with beastiality. All of them include the punishment of death for both the human and the animals.
We can all understand the death for the human, but why the animal?

If anyone has researched this and has more info I'd love to read it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fascinating topic indeed!

However, can we rule out warriors wearing a mask, or some kind of head prosthetic, to induce fear in their enemies?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaninimLong

Fascinating topic indeed!

However, can we rule out warriors wearing a mask, or some kind of head prosthetic, to induce fear in their enemies?

Yes, for a couple of reason. The babies being born with dog like features, obviously didn't have a mask on when they were born. The reports were from doctors, and letters to other doctors. I have to look up those articles.
There were accounts of other dog like features, such as claws, or even tails.
Some of the descriptions including things such as; eating raw meat or people, being able to run fast & great distances, howling, barking and yet being able to understand the human language.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Very intriguing, indeed!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TaninimLong

Reminds a lot of the tales of the people from 13th warrior, half man half bear. Eaters of flesh. It could have been passed down as legend or as a screy bed time story..

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Could be guys wearing wolf skins-lots of ancient tribes did that.
Or people with werewolf syndrome-a disorder which makes you covered with hair.
Or a group of beings who broke away from their Ruler,Annubis the dog headed ancient Eygptian Alien/God

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Could be guys wearing wolf skins-lots of ancient tribes did that.
Or people with werewolf syndrome-a disorder which makes you covered with hair.
Or a group of beings who broke away from their Ruler,Annubis the dog headed ancient Eygptian Alien/God

I do think there were ancient people that wore skins/helmets etc. That's not what this is delving into.

Two descriptions of the dog men were - men with dog faces like that of a pug, and men with dog faces like that of a mastiff.
Many of the statues to me look similar to Anubis, with a long slender snout almost greyhound like.
I don't think any of these description seem ferocious, or would be used to scare people off. There are stories of these dog-men herding sheep. Some wearing fine clothing and even linen. It would also not explain babies born with those features.

There are a lot of reports of modern dog-men/ werewolf/skinwalkers. I think this might be something completely different. Many of these reports are of very scary looking creatures, glowing eyes, very werewolf like. Uncivilized. The creature in my OP were quite the opposite in many ways. They were very humanlike, but still retained some dog like behavior - raw eating, and barking.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is it just another instance of making your enemies appear to be sub-human? I recall the way the Disney movie Mulan made the Huns look like aliens and for that matter the Germans in WW II were called Huns, though racially they were far from it. Japanese in the same era were depicted as short, buck-toothed, oddly-colored and often fitted out with coke-bottle eyeglasses.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, as far as crypto species are concerned the Cynocephali are "out there;" yet you are correct, they exist in the historical record and there are even some modern reports of them.

For instance some of the people employed at the "Skinwalker Ranch" reported seeing two in trench-coats, smoking cigarettes, casually lounging by a gate. They were reluctant to make the report, but as they were there to explore the unknown, did.

One can argue that many of the reports from the past are fanciful, like people with faces on their torsos and such... but if one puts in the time to really read the accounts, some just seem like truth. They appear in more ancient art than one would suppose for tall tales.

Maybe the old trope of this world being one big genetic experiment has truth, whether the knowledge came from aliens or older human civs ... maybe there are different realities that bleed into each other... maybe boinking animals produces hybrids on weird occasions despite all science to the contrary! Maybe maybe.

One thing I've learned from a few decades of searching is that this universe has surprises.

edit on 12/9/2019 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
At least some of those might be due to Hypertrichosis (Werewolf syndrome).

Here is a recent case:

Babies develop 'werewolf syndrome’ after medicine mix-up in Spain

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Of course, but ... snouts?!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

to answer your bestiality question , the reason animals in the bible might have been killed was probably because they thought those animals that had engaged in sexual intercourse with humans had been negatively conditioned and that their behavior towards humans have been distorted. Maybe they feared some animals would go and hump little children in the streets or something. idk

as for the dog headed men , the ancient greeks also used animal features to distinguish certain races/tribes.

edit on 9-12-2019 by MopKop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The may be the race of beings that journey our souls to the afterlife. Represented in the Khemetic culture as Anubis one of the most important Gods and in Mayan culture as Xolotl the brother of Quetzalcoatl in Mayan

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Truth is they were well documented many maps with them depicted just as they are now,another piece of history from 1850,when all history changed,just because you change story does not make it true

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
At least some of those might be due to Hypertrichosis (Werewolf syndrome).

Here is a recent case:

Babies develop 'werewolf syndrome’ after medicine mix-up in Spain

When I first started reading that is the first thing I thought of. Just like the circus wolf boy. The more I read the more I realized it wasn't. That boy and those people have a medical disorder that gives them a lot of hair on their face. If you were to shave their faces they would still look very human. Almost all the depictions of these ancient dog men look like short haired dog faces. Not furry or fuzzy. The actual shape of the face and/or feet were dog like. I have to find those baby articles but they also said the babies had ears like dog, some floppy, some look upright.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

JAGStorm, you mentioned this in your OP and it was what hit me right away: the reports of "dogmen" in N America. Interesting how these "types" crop up again in human perception.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ah " dog head men " - another of those - tails from a long way away

does no one else find it odd :

these " ancient travellers " came back with tails of wonderous fings they had seen " far away "

never brought back samples though

and when real science reached " far away " - all trace had vannished - and no archeology could be found

its almost as if ............................

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

JAGStorm, you mentioned this in your OP and it was what hit me right away: the reports of "dogmen" in N America. Interesting how these "types" crop up again in human perception.

Cheers

I watched a whole show on the Beast of Brae Loch Road. They tried to convince viewers that the beast was an emaciated bear.

Here's the thing, I think some sighting might have really been bears, but not all. That's why people are confused. Some people got full clear sight of the beast and did drawings. They looked nothing like a bear.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ah " dog head men " - another of those - tails from a long way away

does no one else find it odd :

these " ancient travellers " came back with tails of wonderous fings they had seen " far away "

never brought back samples though

and when real science reached " far away " - all trace had vannished - and no archeology could be found

its almost as if ............................

Actually one of the travelers did bring the dog men back. I'll see if I can find it!
no archaeology??? There are carvings in the side of stone walls.... Anubis? Some of the oldest archaeology on earth might point to this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join