It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well that was actually really good!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds delicious...Except for the sardines...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: rickymouse

Just so you know, I get gout too, and it SUCKS!!! Smoked fish seems to bring it on, but there are ways to help.

First, I cut out beer. Obviously, I'm not cutting out red meat, but I eat smoked fish in moderation and it seems okay.

Gout is a crippling affliction, no doubt. Some people don't have to worry about it...but I do.

So, like always...all things in moderation.

Yeah, smoked fish in excess does cause me some gout like issues. But I love it. Smoked herring is one of the more problematic ones, but Smoked salmon and Lake trout are pretty bad too. For some reason smoked whitefish and smoked chubs are not that bad, so I usually get those. Smoked Sturgeon is the best of all I have tasted, I had an Indian Fisherman friend and he was allowed to take one for personal use and he gave me about half a pound of it one time. Smoked Lawyers are really good, they end up like beef Jerky.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Ha, I love pickled herring too, but I gave everything up that was on the bad list. No gout since I switched up my diet in June.

Benzoates and benzoic acids in foods cause Blood Ammonia to turn to uric acid. So, tomatoes and oranges are high in those, so is cinnamon and there is sometimes benzoic acids in soft drinks. Ammonia is formed when we consume methyls in the diet in conjunction with nitrates and nitrate chemistries, it is not always purines that cause gout. So, coffee with high nitrate veggies can also cause gout if you consume benzoic acids like OJ or tomatoes. Purines in meats are not the only thing that causes it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: butcherguy
Ha, I love pickled herring too, but I gave everything up that was on the bad list. No gout since I switched up my diet in June.

Benzoates and benzoic acids in foods cause Blood Ammonia to turn to uric acid. So, tomatoes and oranges are high in those, so is cinnamon and there is sometimes benzoic acids in soft drinks. Ammonia is formed when we consume methyls in the diet in conjunction with nitrates and nitrate chemistries, it is not always purines that cause gout. So, coffee with high nitrate veggies can also cause gout if you consume benzoic acids like OJ or tomatoes. Purines in meats are not the only thing that causes it.

Yes, I have suffered with gout for thirty years now. I didn't care so much until kidney issues have made it impossible for me to take the NSAIDS that would help alleviate the gout symptoms. I avoid venison, turkey, goose, duck and most seafood as far as meat goes. I avoid eating all legumes except for soybeans. I cut out asparagus and cauliflower in the vegetable world. Apples and oranges are on the naughty list for fruits. I cut out all sugar.
I do drink tart cherry and pineapple juices mixed together every day and consume most of my grains as whole grain.
It has been working for me so far.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Smoked Lawyers are really good, they end up like beef Jerky.

Ha! Tough and expensive!

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
You made an “ad hoc” puntanesca sauce!!

Normally it is olive oil, sardines, garlic and tomatoes (real thing, not from a can) then seasoning.

It's actually made with anchovies but I suppose you could substitute sardines.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thought I'd put this here. I've been eating almost exclusively the lose weight cabbage soup besides beef jerky LOL, I am sure there are variations but essentially cabbage stewed tomatoes onions celery bell pepper beef base or stock. I have been eating it for 2 weeks and yes the weight is coming off fast and I'm not hungry at all and eat it anytime,all I miss is something sweet occasionally. But you can't have soup for breakfast or I can but Id rather not every day.

So I search on Duck Duck and found a few recipes for Cabbage and Scrambled Eggs, yea I know yuck but I pushed through because I'm losing the weight which is the main goal. So modify how you like but I just did cabbage baby spinach a very little ham stock to simmer them in and either egg whites or a couple of eggs. Cook the cabbage spinach down till it reduces and throw in your eggs bam !! it's flavorful hot and filling and damn simple.

Pretty sure You can add on vegetable ingredients to change it up, cilantro to soy sauce tomatoes onions etc. could even see spicing it up.Not gonna lie it doesn't look great but it reminds me of Mu Shu Chicken or Pork which I love . I've had my gallbladder removed and this really sits well in my stomach and pretty sure it fits within the cabbage soup diet after one week. The days I have this for breakfast I'm not even hungry for lunch, and I used to be ravenous by lunchtime LOL and starving by dinner. At dinner a bowl of soup and I'm good. I make a weeks worth of soup on the weekend and store in the fridge. For breakfast have been getting the packages of shredded cabbage for easy use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join