It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screenshot of machineintelligence website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am working on a website to showcase some of the projects I am working on based on my discussions here on ATS. This image is a screenshot of the index page. I am posting this to get some opinions on the images and layout on the index page and I thought the ATS crowd would be a good place to get some opinions. Thanks for viewing and posting it is good to have some input. rightclick and view image.

edit on 12/7/2019 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I like it, looks informative. Does the binary code have any hidden messages?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Needs more nudity!

Seriously...it looks good to me, although, I'm not sure about Featured Projects in the middle and being that large, it really draws your eye, which in a way is good I guess, but takes from the overall pic by breaking it up. JMHO

Maybe FP on the side or top? IDK

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
The binary code in it is only fragments there is no complete code.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

On the actual website when your mouse over the graphics underneath the featured projects it shows you more information about them and also darkens the image towards the background image. The details are difficult to grab with a screen shot like this but you can't promote your own websites on ATS so I'm not concerned about that thank you for the critique.

edit on 12/8/2019 by machineintelligence because: Entry error

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Looks good.

Are any of the pictures or the background code animated?

Would be kind of interesting with the matrix effect.

Looks cool nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Looks good.
I'd think about the font colour, or finding a way to make the existing colour more readable.
The main title "MACHINEINTEL PROJECTS", is lost in the background...perhaps use a border around the letters...

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It's very green.

I would change the colour of the binary because of the obvious relation to the matrix films. Unless that's what your going for then its fine.

And being into conspiracies maybe have a little fun with the 1's and 0's.
Although that's probably a stock image so you might not be able to change it.

Overall it looks well, good job

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As others have suggested i would try to bring out the foreground font as there's not much contrast with the background image. Possibly even segregate it with some kind of border or embossing effect.

Otherwise i like the design and layout.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The matrix style is a bit old and that green has problems really for text to overlay without looking a bit meh as you'd probably have to fade the background to allow the text to be easy to read.

Also that style is used a lot in media to denote hackers and that sort of thing.

Probably will look better when actually used as screenshots never do sites justice really.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I took your suggestion.
I changed the font color to gold so it will show up better. Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

The binary code is from a decompiled ASCI code block of an AES encrypted bit of text.
Nothing human-readable and it was not complete so no useful data can be obtained from it.

®•y²ŽÔœæ

That is all it says.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I use coded messages in my creative work all the time.

I have used binary code as ascii characters to add encoded messages to webpage graphics. When coding webpages I use characters and spacing in the code lines as Morse Code messages. Morse Code is also featured in my digital music compositions, even if it is only really noticeable in the MIDI data. My graphic work often incorporates hard to notice impossible perspectives, angles and other odd details.

None of this was ever hidden like a virus or malicious data, it was there is you looked for it. I doubt anyone has ever noticed these things in my work that I've done, but I consider it to be a signature that can give me credit when none is otherwise noted.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I had a bit of confrontation with ats early on because I included coded information in my posts.
I try and not cause them further reason to ban me from here.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Still think it lacks a bit of contrast. Have you tried maybe a small border on the text or a bevel / embossing?

I think a thin silver border could work and remain in keeping with the overall style.

Good work tho, i really like it.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I have not found a font like that yet I'm able to of course edit the fonts in the style sheet the font or the color but that's the font I would really like if I could find one that is embossed I would do that if you know where those are send me a link in this thread

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Rather than coding it directly have you considered creating a background image using multiple layers in photoshop for your graphics?

In photoshop just create a new layer with the text font you like and then on that layer select blending options. Then you can play around with the bevel and emboss function.

The only way i can think to manipulate the text in CSS would be to use the text-shadow property.

Basically you create 2 offset diagonal shadows, one white offset to the top left and one black offset to the bottom right.

Something like:

#embossed h1 [
text-shadow: -1px -1px 1px #fff, 1px 1px 1px #000;
color: #aaa9ad;
opacity: 0.9;
font: 80px 'Your Font';
]

Or for a 3d effect try this:

#three-d h1 [
color: #fff;
text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px #999, 0px 2px 0px #888, 0px 3px 0px #777, 0px 4px 0px #666, 0px 5px 0px #555, 0px 6px 0px #444, 0px 7px 0px #333, 0px 8px 7px #001135;
font: 80px 'Your Font';
]

Obviously you will need to play around with the pixel height and shadow colours etc.

I found these online years ago and have them saved along with other styles so if you need more inspiration let me know.
edit on 9/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That was very helpful thank you. I will put that in my toolbox

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
I have yet to figure out how to impliment this as yet. Any suggestions?

top topics

join