It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review... It, Chapter One and Two

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

I probably did something like that lol. I read it over breakfast, on the walk to work which was about half an hour walk there and another back. I would read when I was on a bus going to visit the parents when they were in hospital which lasted about two weeks. I read a couple chapters during dinner and a few before bed. I loved the book. It really pulled me in but it had some proper pointless and or boring moments that made it hard to read. I was trying to get the book done before seeing the film as well which is why I went full on nuts over it lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
I’ll go against the board here and say I really liked Kings early work. His books are the only reason I ever really started reading. The Stand is still my all time favorite book. My other top King books are Salem’s Lot, The Shining, The Tommyknockers, Skeleton Crew had some good ones including The Mist. Cujo and Carrie made pretty decent movies, but don’t forget The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mike are both King.
I even read the whole Gunslinger/Dark Tower series which is about 7,000 pages. He’s not a very likable guy and extremely egotistical, but he’s got a decent batting average.
I still think his wife or kid wrote some of those crap books, then they slapped his name on them to sell.

I'll second that, king is the reason I developed an interest in reading, his early work is brilliant. I liked all the books you mention although the third installment of the gunslinger got little lame, another one I really liked was the dark half.

<< 1   >>

join