It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amash says he will vote in favor of articles of impeachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
According to Amash he claims that there is there is "sufficient evidence" against President Trump for obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice and abuse of power, thus he will be voting in favor of articles of impeachment agaisnt Trump.

But then again the public still hasn't any actual sufficient evidence President Trump for obstruction of Congress have we now? its almost as if Amash has jumped into the other side.

Amash, who left the Republican party this summer, said on his way to the House floor that he believes that there is "sufficient evidence" against President Trump for obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice and abuse of power, though he said he would have to see how each of the articles were written before he would vote yes, CNN reports. "Impeachment is like an indictment. We're just issuing the charges," he continued. "The trial happens in the Senate. There's certainly probable cause to issue charges."

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Amash is an idiot.

So it really doesn't matter what he says+ CNN.

Zero credibility whatsoever.

I've painfully watched this embarassing,CORRUPTED process.

The only thing Trump is guilty of, which he was the day he was announced President elect is He Won against a rigged system.

That's his real crime. HE BEAT THEM.
edit on 7-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

its almost as if

Nope, no "almost" about it...he became an Independent willingly and his disdain for President Trump is clear. Hopefully his Michigan district will show him the door come election time for being such a two face.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Justin is worried about all of that Chinese money drying up that he is making thru Dynamic Source International! Can we see his tax returns?

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have watched very closely, yet I see absolutly no evidence that would make me believe the President has committed any crime worth an impeachment. I think Trump is the best President in my lifetime and I'm 62.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

well hes a house member so not much change in the dynamic as far as senate impeachment goes so not too big of a deal in the grand scheme of things ,but he switched from republican to independent i thought? en.wikipedia.org... and considering he won his seat un opposed next election cycle may not be as fun for him as his last run as evidenced by the 5 republicans who will be gunning for his seat in 2020

Two days after Amash's comments, state representative James Lower announced that he will challenge Amash in the 2020 Republican primary, saying he wanted to "make sure people in the community knew there was a pro-Trump conservative ready to take him on."[128] Another challenger in the Republican primary is Army National Guard member Thomas Norton, who announced his candidacy in April.[129] It was reported in August 2019 that here were five Republicans seeking the nomination to oppose Amash.[130]
so dont think he will benefit from the RNC coffers come 2020

Republican Party departure On July 4, 2019, Amash announced in a Washington Post op-ed that he was "declaring his independence" from partisan politics and leaving the Republican Party to become an independent.[131] Citing his extensive differences with both political parties, Amash wrote he felt partisan politics had become so overpowering that Congress no longer functioned as an independent legislative body: "We are fast approaching the point where Congress exists as little more than a formality to legitimize outcomes dictated by the president, the speaker of the House and the Senate majority leader." He did not say whether he would continue to caucus with the Republicans.[132] An aide said he would run for reelection in 2020 as an independent.[133] Amash has also been mentioned as a potential candidate for President of the United States in the 2020 election, either as an Independent or as a member of the Libertarian Party.[134][135][136]
he can go try to suckle at the teat's of the independents/libertarians now

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

He was really always just a Democrat posing as a Republican. Trump outed him and he had a hissy fit.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have watched very closely, yet I see absolutly no evidence that would make me believe the President has committed any crime worth an impeachment. I think Trump is the best President in my lifetime and I'm 62.

He's the best since Reagan. I was born in the 70s, Trump will be the first President I have ever voted for. Usually they both suck so bad I don't bother, as I can't in good conscience endorse either.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Might as well get ready for it.

Amash,Romney,Collins, and a few other RINOS will vote to impeach.

Still won't mean snip.

We still have REAL R's in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

IMHO, I think President Trump should ask all of the Republicans in Congress to vote for articles of impeachment to ensure the trial goes to the Senate. Sure, it could backfire bigly, but I think not...

This will accelerate the swamp draining with witnesses called and indictments sent to the DOJ...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You really have to question motivation.....
from May 2019

Republican Representative from Michigan Justin Amash’s calls for President Trump’s impeachment may be motivated by his own financial interests in China, it has been revealed....

In 2010 the Michigan Live website detailed how Amash and his family were ostensibly profiting from the creation of tools in China which were then sold by the Amash family business in Michigan......

With the tensions between the United States and China rising in recent weeks amidst talks of trade deals and tariffs, the Amash family could take a financial hit.

edit on 1272019 by MetalThunder because: 63 66 87

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was born 88, obviously the best president I can personally recall.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

The fact that his trolling both NeoCon sides its rather ironic and poetic justice all though i am still not sold on his foreign policy.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Amash has a huge chinese connection, of course he'll be a mouthpiece for the CCP.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
According to Amash he claims that there is there is "sufficient evidence" against President Trump for obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice and abuse of power, thus he will be voting in favor of articles of impeachment agaisnt Trump.

But then again the public still hasn't any actual sufficient evidence President Trump for obstruction of Congress have we now? its almost as if Amash has jumped into the other side.

And I will vote for replacement of this piece of trash even if I have to vote for a ham sandwich to replace him..

Amash, who left the Republican party this summer, said on his way to the House floor that he believes that there is "sufficient evidence" against President Trump for obstruction of Congress, obstruction of justice and abuse of power, though he said he would have to see how each of the articles were written before he would vote yes, CNN reports. "Impeachment is like an indictment. We're just issuing the charges," he continued. "The trial happens in the Senate. There's certainly probable cause to issue charges."

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There are 31 Democrats who representing districts President Trump won in 2016.

I'm Not entirely sure who is going to vote what anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The only thing Trump is guilty of, which he was the day he was announced President elect is He Won against a rigged system.

that and he likes to blank with them, all the time pushing their buttons. and he loves it when they get pissed. i think it's funny as hell.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Justin is worried about all of that Chinese money drying up that he is making thru Dynamic Source International! Can we see his tax returns?

Email:

"America does not need to see the tax return of a billionaire who became a public servant.
America needs to see the tax returns of all public servants who
became millionaires while being public servants.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

*Weeeeeeshooooowooooshhhhh*

^ that's the sound of the wind passing by as the democrackeds continue to ignore facts on their staggering march towards impeachment.

top topics

join