It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abaddon the Angel of the Abyss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If you are not familiar with Abaddon...He is an angel that makes an appearance during the fifth of seven trumpet blasts in Revelation:

"The fifth angel blew his trumpet. And I saw a star that had fallen from heaven to the earth, and the key to the shaft of the abyss was given to him.  He opened the shaft of the abyss, and smoke ascended out of the shaft like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun was darkened, also the air, by the smoke of the shaft...They have over them a king, the angel of the abyss. In Hebrew his name is A·badʹdon, but in Greek he has the name A·polʹlyon."-Revelation 9: 1, 2, 11.

Some in the Churches of Christendom teach that this is a demonic angel, even Satan. But this is not so. Let us find out who he really is.

I should make this disclaimer. Churches of Christendom will probably never be able to discern who this angel really is, as they teach the God-dishonoring doctrine of the Trinity. We will see how this confuses them, and why we do not have to be.

If you notice Abaddon is the angel's Hebrew name, in Greek he is called Apollyon. Abaddon means "Destruction," and Apollyon means "Destroyer."

Let us determine who this Destroyer who has the key to the abyss is.

If you are not familiar with scripture there is an account that tell us quite clearly who has authority over the abyss. Let us read it:

"Jesus asked him: “What is your name?” He said: “Legion,” for many demons had entered into him.  And they kept pleading with him not to order them to go away into the abyss."-Luke 8:30, 31.

The host of demons possessing the man that called themselves Legion recognized Jesus' authority over the abyss, and his power to throw them into it.

Another clue to who this angel is is also found in Revelation. Later on we are shown an angel who has a key to the abyss and throws Satan and his demons into it:

"And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years."-Revelation 20:1, 2.

So we know that Jesus has authority over the abyss. We know that Satan and his demons are afraid of the abyss. We know that an angel will throw Satan and his demons into the abyss for 1,000 years.

Exactly what the abyss is would probably be impossible to understand in human terms. If so, the Bible does not give us a clear explanation. We know that it is a prison that wicked spirits are thrown into, where they will not have any contact or influence over humans:

"And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while."-Revelation 20:3.

Another scripture in Revelation shows us who the Destroyer is:

"I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness. 12 His eyes are a fiery flame, and on his head are many diadems. He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained with blood, and he is called by the name The Word of God. 14 Also, the armies in heaven were following him on white horses, and they were clothed in white, clean, fine linen. 15 And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords."-Revelation 19:11-16.

So the Destroyer, the one who has the key to the abyss, authority over it, is the Word of God, the Word, is Jesus Christ.

Jesus is Abaddon, the Angel of the Abyss.

When he arrives in kingdom power in a pompus supernatural display in heaven Revelation tells us how all ungodly mankind will react:

'12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the entire moon became as blood, 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind drops its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and every island was removed from its place. 15 Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”-Revelation 6:12-17.

When Jesus arrives everyone not serving God, kings of the earth, high officials, military commanders, rich people, strong people, slaves, every free person. They will all hide in fear of his wrath.

The destroyer, the angel of the abyss, Abaddon, he is coming. And it is to wage war and destroy...And to subject Satan and his demons to the abyss for a 1,000 years while he rules over mankind. After which they will be let lose a little while and then utterly destroyed forever.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
flagg...can we talk.....Abaddon and his scorpions or locusts are the FIRST WOE.....

Abaddon is special but other verses tell he's the leader of the locusts for 5 months.
edit on 6-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
flagg...can we talk.....Abaddon and his scorpions or locusts are the FIRST WOE.....

Abaddon is special but other verses tell he's the leader of the locusts for 5 months.

The locusts are granted to torture but not to kill for the five months. After these locusts hurt the people who have tails that sting 4 angels who are prepared for the month and day and hour will be released to kill a 1/3 of the people:

" And it was granted the locusts, not to kill them, but to torment them five months, and their torment was like torment by a scorpion when it strikes a person.  In those days people will seek death but will by no means find it, and they will long to die, but death will flee from them."-Revelation 9:5, 6.

This "stinging" or torturing is done by a witness work, whereby false religions are exposed by God's people. They are tormented by hearing God's judgement message upon them. They don't want to listen to it. They would rather die than hear the "good news" declared to them by God's witnesses.

Now the four winds are being held back until all of the anointed, the 144,000 are sealed:

"And I saw another angel ascending from the sunrise, having a seal of the living God; and he called with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was granted to harm the earth and the sea, saying: “Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the slaves of our God in their foreheads.”  And I heard the number of those who were sealed, 144,000."-Revelation 7:2-4.

There are two seals that an anointed receives. The first is the call to heavenly life to serve as kings and priests. The final is the seal of approval that they have been granted a throne in heaven. The 4 angels at the 4 corners of the earth have been holding back the 4 winds of destruction until the final number of the 144,000 have received their final sealing. They must all go through trials and tribulations faithfully to receive that seal, either before their death, or before the approaching great tribulation. When the last of the 144,000 are sealed the 4 angels will let the 4 winds of destruction lose:

"The sixth angel blew his trumpet. And I heard one voice from the horns of the golden altar that is before God 14 say to the sixth angel who had the trumpet: “Untie the four angels who are bound at the great river Eu·phraʹtes.” 15 And the four angels who have been prepared for the hour and day and month and year were untied to kill a third of the people."-Revelation 9:13-15.

The king of the witnesses is the Destroyer. He is also the king of kings and lord of lords. All who refuse to accept the good news will weep and gnash their teeth when the four winds are let lose on mankind. They can very very easily be let lose now. They are only being held back by the 4 angels holding them back until the complete number is filled.

edit on 6-12-2019 by Eyestosee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Abaddon the Angel of the Abyss

Where did you buy that computer game kid?

You have this in the wrong category. I read the title and immediately responded to that alone.
Now you are making this religious. Which way you want it?

By the way. Welcome to ATS and don't let ash hats like me discourage you. That's life dude!

edit on 6-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
1 can imagine that the various benevolent & malevolent Angels-Aliens (depending on your perception) that reside in dimensions Above and Below have numerous responsibilities and obligations with those of clean and unclean Spirit.
Human and non-humans-

Perhaps it is important to keep your spirits clean and there is nothing of concern after the flesh of current becomes dirt again...
And your spirits move on.

However the unclean in spirit...may have concerns for their deeds done to others.

Perhaps where the Archon likes come in.
As the spirits are judged.

a reply to: Eyestosee

'12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the entire moon became as blood, 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind drops its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and every island was removed from its place. 15 Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”-Revelation 6:12-17.

Why must THE hide from the wrath of the lamb
is THE not here to free THE? Deeper question... Are those hiding from the LAMB enemy of the LAMB? Are they then minions of Shaitans?

At times I wonder if some of these are what are being described...

🤔

There is supposed to be a marking period involved of the clean and unclean spirits. Following the scripture of discussion...

Things can be and seem very confusing here at times.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
In the end times, many false teachers will arise, who will push many false doctrines. These are the end times

There is only one God. Yeshua said I and the Father are one. God has the power to command all beings

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Since Jesus and Satan are angels are they brothers too?

edit on 6-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Apollyon or Abaddon is the guard at the gate. He is the one who imprisons the demons. Satan is the tester of our virtue. He tempts us but does not make us do wrong, we just need to say no.

In this illusion we call reality we are tested to determine our worthiness to enter into the world we cannot comprehend exists. Satan is one of the offspring of the creator of our reality, he tempts us but we cannot blame him if we take the bait.

People have blamed their sins against others on the Devil, but the devil does not force us to do bad things, he also has no power to destroy anyone, but his influence can make people kill or steal from others. We cannot blame our sins on the Satan as so many people have done through history.

I am not sure that the reality I am in is actually real, we could be part of some very advanced virtual reality that determines if we can be born into the real world.

I have read a lot about different religions, from Ancient African religions to Hindu to Chinese. Also the religions of the Northern European countries and the religions of the Americas. They have similarities and if you compare these and study the primordial language, it appears Humans at one time had a common language till it was Babbled. Those sounds are still incorporated into many languages to this day and the sounds have a similar meaning most times but have evolved over thousands of years to match the societies. Species of animals in the wild all have a primordial language, it does not need to be taught. We are actually taught to disregard the primordial language and parts of the words are intigrated into all societies by people long ago to control the masses, they babbled the language purposely.

I believe in the supreme consciousness which is referred to as god. I do not belong to a specific religion anymore, but I do see much of the good in different religions is good. Christianity is the religion I grew up with, but I focused on what Jesus was trying to say, I put my faith in God, not in religion. There is only one supreme consciousness but all religions want their version or properties of god to be theirs. I will not cut down others beliefs in their god or gods, I am content having the supreme consciousness, the great spirit, guiding my life. Maybe I am crazy for believing there is a higher power that keeps us from being deceived by people trying to profit or gain from us, but I would rather be following honesty and integrity than trying to line my pockets with ill gotten money. I do think a lot of what Christianity and other religions teach is good for society.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

At one time, yes. Satan and Jesus were brothers.

Satan was the disloyal son and was disowned by Jehovah God and cast out of his heavenly family.

Jesus was/is the loyal son.

Jesus demonstrates love as God does, but he also demonstrates hatred for bad as God does. And he is not happy to do it, no doubt it brings him no happiness. But there is a time for everything. A time for war, and a time for peace. A time to kill, and a time to let live. The time will come when Jesus will put Satan and his demons to death. And they know it. There is also a time coming when all ungodly will also be put to death by Jesus Christ, during his judgement of all when he returns, we tell who Jesus will destroy, and why:

"But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels  in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength, at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you."-2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.

They forfeit their right to live when they sinned. And Jesus sealed it with his faithful death as a human, perfect, spotless, unblemished, sinless, the lamb that takes the sins away from the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nice sentiments. I admire your sincerity and belief in God. He no doubt will reward your faith if you continue to look to him and do his will. That is a promise he made, and I am sure is true.

I can understand why you can feel this life is an unreality. And I think you have a point to a certain extant. We are alive though. It is real. But it is all an unreality. This world is of Satan's making, and everything in it is Satan's. It is not the world God meant for us.

When that world comes, then we will really be alive. And we will see that everything this system has to offer, its power, its fame, its fortunes, all of it is unreality.

And what is seen is passing and ephemeral. But the unseen is real and lasts forever. The physical man cannot see the realities that are unseen. The spiritual man that peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and persists in it, he is judged by no man. But he himself discerns all things by means of the spirit and judges all things.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eyestosee

Nice sentiments. I admire your sincerity and belief in God. He no doubt will reward your faith if you continue to look to him and do his will. That is a promise he made, and I am sure is true.

I can understand why you can feel this life is an unreality. And I think you have a point to a certain extant. We are alive though. It is real. But it is all an unreality. This world is of Satan's making, and everything in it is Satan's. It is not the world God meant for us.

When that world comes, then we will really be alive. And we will see that everything this system has to offer, its power, its fame, its fortunes, all of it is unreality.

And what is seen is passing and ephemeral. But the unseen is real and lasts forever. The physical man cannot see the realities that are unseen. The spiritual man that peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and persists in it, he is judged by no man. But he himself discerns all things by means of the spirit and judges all things.

Think of us as organic vessels containing a soul created by a sophisticated collective consciousness to complex that we can't even imagine it. A consciousness that could assemble a planet capable of life in a minute of it's life, to us that minute could be millions of years possibly. god is like a super computer so powerful our computers wouldn't even compare to it.

The reality we live in does not necessarily have to be real. But to me it is real, I cut myself I bleed, I hit my finger with a hammer it hurts and swells. But if there was a being that could control this reality, that being could change anything in an instant, and we might not even know it changed.

We can't even comprehend the complexity and power of god. I think this supreme consciousness exists.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I like your thinking on this matter. If one ponders how vast the universe is and how much energy is contained in it...the mind behind it is mind-blowingly unfathomable in its wisdom.

The Bible says that God has made everything pretty in its time. And he has even put the thought of eternity into the heart of man. But if a man could live forever, and we will one day, when we are restored to perfection, even eternity would not allow a human enough time to discover what God has already made from its start to its finish.

Think about that! If we started now, and never died, and lived into eternity, which is possible, if we put faith in Jesus' ransom, we could never find out everything God has already done! And think of all that God is yet to do.

The Bible gives us a timeline of events that lead to our eternal salvation that leads to a little more than 1,000 years into the future. God already knows what it will be like in 1 billion years, 5 billion, 10 billion.

Perhaps by then mankind will have learned space travel, and will build arks, and God will allow them to travel to certain planets that he prepares, and life will spread abroad. And one day, maybe in 1 billion years, the galaxy, the universe will be teaming with physical life, both sentient and animal, and plant etc.

And think of all of the unseen in the spiritual realm. That we will never see. If the physical realm is but a shadow of the spiritual, and I believe it is, think of how much more there is in the unseen than there is in the seen!

Some humans have been invited to live there in the spirit realm with God as spirits like him. But most humans will never go to that realm.

God used to talk to Adam every single day you know. The Bible says that it didn't rain back then, but God would have a mist come from the sea and water the earth. And he would talk with Adam every afternoon.

When man sinned God could no longer have direct communication with us. He has done so through angels and his son. Imagine when he again will communicate one on one with individuals. Imagine what you will ask him.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish."-Ecclesiastes 3:11.
edit on 7-12-2019 by Eyestosee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The abyss is fundamentally "the deep" of Genesis ch1 (the Septuagunt uses the same word). Understood to be a mass of water. God makes the earth inhabitable by separating it out from the waters; in effect, then, the abyss stands for that part of the created world which God has not organised. Hence, in symbolism, the source of evil- whatever doesn't come under God's will. For prophetic purposes, the same meaning attaches to the sea, which Genesis explains as the residue of the abyss. That's why in Revelation "abyss" and "sea" are almost interchangeable. The Beast from the sea of ch13 and the Beast from the abyss of ch17 are the same Beast. That's also why there is "no more sea" in the last chapters- God eliminates what might be called the reservoir of evil.

In my 2010 Revelation series, I argued that the "locusts" were the bringers of intense despair. The effect of their sting is to make people want to die.

edit on 7-12-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There is only one supreme consciousness but all religions want their version or properties of god to be theirs. I will not cut down others beliefs in their god or gods, I am content having the supreme consciousness, the great spirit, guiding my life. Maybe I am crazy for believing there is a higher power that keeps us from being deceived by people trying to profit or gain from us, but I would rather be following honesty and integrity than trying to line my pockets with ill gotten money. I do think a lot of what Christianity and other religions teach is good for society.

You have spoken truth Ricky, religions try to show that their concept of God is superior to the other ones. Some call Him, Supreme Consciousness, some a human-like Supreme Being, i.e. God, Allah, some others say that man himself is a representation of God on earth, and so on. And each one is right in their own way. I say the totality of all of the above constitutes God (human and non-human) and He surely helps us not getting fooled in our lives.

Leading a honest life will always reward you, rather than a life full of cheating and stealing that will doom that person for life. It's said in the Bible, don't let sin enter your life because it'll control you and you can't get rid of it.

I do think a lot of what Christianity and other religions teach is good for society.

Roger that! Every religion has contributed to the humanity regardless of their drawbacks and crimes committed under their name.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019

There is only one supreme consciousness but all religions want their version or properties of god to be theirs. I will not cut down others beliefs in their god or gods, I am content having the supreme consciousness, the great spirit, guiding my life. Maybe I am crazy for believing there is a higher power that keeps us from being deceived by people trying to profit or gain from us, but I would rather be following honesty and integrity than trying to line my pockets with ill gotten money. I do think a lot of what Christianity and other religions teach is good for society.

You have spoken truth Ricky, religions try to show that their concept of God is superior to the other ones. Some call Him, Supreme Consciousness, some a human-like Supreme Being, i.e. God, Allah, some others say that man himself is a representation of God on earth, and so on. And each one is right in their own way. I say the totality of all of the above constitutes God (human and non-human) and He surely helps us not getting fooled in our lives.

Leading a honest life will always reward you, rather than a life full of cheating and stealing that will doom that person for life. It's said in the Bible, don't let sin enter your life because it'll control you and you can't get rid of it.

I do think a lot of what Christianity and other religions teach is good for society.

Roger that! Every religion has contributed to the humanity regardless of their drawbacks and crimes committed under their name.

Good post.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

No.
Jesus is not an angle. Jesus is part of the trinity. Father, Son and Holy spirit. Jesus is God.
edit on 8-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This may strike enlightenment ...let us see....

In our walk the flesh body is the door the candies it sees and wants comes in.....the mind sits on top choosing how close what ever gets near is allowed.....like a guardpost.... your spirit and your imagination of what the outcome could be.....are having a little battle in there.....Paul said so in Scripture....even

Once you believe, faith is counted the same as RIGHTEOUSNESS......we followers of Jesus admit that we can't choose correctly all the time.... .,especially these days under attack by porn and such....and for admitting that are assured of eternal life.....and God has 15 ways He keeps the believer in His hand.....as long as the believer comes to Jesus when He fails daily.....no other knows he has eternal life.....till their works are judged.....

We believers need your help administrating the populace in the future.....can you help with that? We need good ideas ....huh?.....in the M illenium

reply to: rickymouse

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Do
edit on 9-12-2019 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Jesus is Abaddon, the Angel of the Abyss.

No. Jesus is not the destroyer nor is He an angel. In fact Jesus is the incarnated "Word of God" who is the Creator of all that exists both celestial and terrestrial. Jesus is now reinstated with that authority as the begotten Son [image] of the "Most High." John 1:1-5 will plainly show you that Jesus was not created but was conceived by the "Most High."

The Satan's of the NT [which are numerous] are the spirits of the children of the Giants, Nephiliym and Elioud races. The spirits of the abyss are those angels who are now imprisoned in this Sheol and are the one third of the heavenly host who were cast out pf the celestial realm into this terrestrial realm. There are two distinct events of celestial disobedience to consider. The first is that shown in the OT as one third of the heavenly host who were cast out of heaven and the second were the 200 angels who procreated the races of Giants, Nephiliym, and Eliouds.

In the Revelation of John it can be well understood that the seven vials of destruction, which are coming, will be from the the angels of the "Most High God" and under His direction. After the destruction and the gathering of the righteous will be when "The Word of God" appears.
My understanding of course.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

No.
Jesus is not an angle. Jesus is part of the trinity. Father, Son and Holy spirit. Jesus is God.

I knew that i was trying to see if they were JWs sinCe that is one of their tenates

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join