It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victorian Crowned Pidgeons And Jacobin Pidgeons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Never heard of these before. Aren't they beautiful?

How about these funky looking pidgeons?

I love discovering new things!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Posh pigeons. They look like millionaire birds lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

"Posh pigeons." Ahaha!
edit on 6-12-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Lovely...

Marvellous pictures too.

How to cook pigeon :

Once roasted, the sweet juices and crisp skin of a pigeon is absolutely unmissable - perfect for a rustic, gamey Sunday roast. Their petit size also means that diners get a whole bird to themselves - a thoroughly impressive touch.

The best pigeons for roasting are young birds. As squab (farmed) pigeon are never any older than 1 month old, it’s best to buy these, unless your game merchant can guarantee that wild birds being sold are young (younger wild birds tend to have paler flesh - also look out for birds with a good layer of fat under the skin).

Linky Wink : www.greatbritishchefs.com...

Just having a cheeky dig at you my dearest Night Star... My apologies for my crap sense of humour...

In reality, we have been at our country home here in the dark depths of France for nigh on 25 years now.

Before we arrived here the person who owned the house bred love birds (Doves) in an aviary and had about 20 of them.

One day the doves managed to escape due to a fox burrowing into their aviary and they flew away...

Escaped...

Buggered off completely and very quickly with very tight anal orifices... probably...

Since we have been here... and over the past 25 years or so the offspring of those love birds still come back every Spring time and nest in the two big Acacia trees that we have in front of our house.

Even our 3 cats and four humongous working dogs have become used to them "cooing" away and pooing all over our cars, out-door BBQ, garden table and whatever else is left outside to crap upon...

We love them little buggers to bits (Don't need an alarm clock during spring time aswell!)

Anyways... any Pigeon recipies to share?

Cheeky hugs.

Lags
edit on 6-12-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap!

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was raised around show pigeons. You wouldn't believe how many breeds there are. English Trumpeters look like they have 4 wings. A house pigeon can be nearly the size of a small turkey. Dragoons have weirds dodo beeks. Fan tails are gorgeous. There should be some videos out there of fairs near Shawnee Oklahoma or Lubbock Texas.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I usually don't like pigeons, but these were exotic and so cool.
And no, I don't have any recipes. LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Show pigeons, wow! I can imagine there are quite a few breeds out there.

new topics

top topics

join