It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw some birds today, and I was impressed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't really have much to say on this one, I was walking back from the shop earlier and noticed a flock of Starlings overhead doing the swarming thing, it's always a cool sight so I decided to film it for a change

Please ignore the pink/purple diamond thing, it's an issue with a camera on my phone lol

edit on 5/12/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: I suck at Humaning

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There's a pinkish diamond shaped UAP Flying incognito with the birds

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

😂 🤜🤛

Second line and stuff lol

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
That’s what’s known as a murmuration.

Wonderful sight.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Oh, gawd, they are a pain in my side ! foreign brought, invasive birds !
Every snowy winter day, picture this... I go into my henhouse to feed, it's about 10' by 12'. imagine about 500 starlings in there with the chickens, and the 1 human. It's like alfred Hitchcock's the birds movie !!!
It's Insane, every day when it snows, no matter what I do to keep them out they find a way in, en mass, and it's disgusting. they crap absolutely everywhere, eat and drink all the feed, and, oh, did I say they crap EVERYWHERE.

They drive me absolutely bonkers. I catch and kill a few bare handed everyday I get sooo mad. I have shiny CD's, pie pans hanging, 3 fake owls, and one of those big yellow balloons with eyeball looking things all around it. I shoot them, I scare them, I repel them. But they keep on coming. every damn year. I can't even feed the wild birds anymore they have ruined my paradise.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

They are disgusting rats with wings. They were the only birds my dad would let me shoot while growing up. They would attack our animals and even people.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I love starlings! They don't bother us around here.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nature will always find a way.

Your paradise is their paradise.

Eat em. (Joke).
edit on 5-12-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I love starlings! They don't bother us around here.

I’m with you here. They are awesome to watch.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They are disgusting rats with wings. They were the only birds my dad would let me shoot while growing up. They would attack our animals and even people.

Sparrows will swoop down on critters and even people, but I have never seen a starling have this behavior.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay

They drive me absolutely bonkers. I catch and kill a few bare handed everyday I get sooo mad. I have shiny CD's, pie pans hanging, 3 fake owls, and one of those big yellow balloons with eyeball looking things all around it. I shoot them, I scare them, I repel them. But they keep on coming. every damn year. I can't even feed the wild birds anymore they have ruined my paradise.

That's what we humans do. We don't like something, we kill it. Something is in the way? Kill it. Something "bother' you. Kill it. Because you're mad. Kill. Kill. Kill. You must be very proud.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Look, they are disturbing his chickens. They deserve to be killed.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I saw a bunch of these land on a pole once all around the transformers. They were so packed in that they managed to make a connection between 2 power lines and all the sudden BOOM! The transformer blew and birds went flying everywhere but about 6 were dead and 2 or 3 hopped around injured and couldn't fly anymore.

In the video in the OP its interesting how they all take a dive at once at end of the video. I guess they were all landing. It almost looks like they could write a message the way they move together.

I'll probably go to hell for it but I took my feeder down the other day when about 300 hit my yard. They were in every tree and completely covering my bird feeder and ground underneath. They would have gone thru a weeks worth of seeds in a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have to say that I think Starlings are cool too,

My Uncle owns and runs a cafe kiosk at the harbour where there's an almost permanent presence of them, and while now discouraged, when I used to work down the harbour I'd get my sausage and bacon rolls and share some of the bread with them, those things were so tame that they'd literally land in your hand to eat,

As a side note, we used to have a seagull that landed on our kitchen windowsill (four floors up in our old place) and peck on the window for food.

We could see their rooftop nest from where we were so we watched them raise their young each year, kind of felt for them so wanted to help,

I named the seagull 'Steve', lol 🤷🏻‍♂️

....then bird flu became a thing, and me and Steve had to part ways, haha

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Neat, birds in formation/sync are awesome to watch

We have a fairly wide variety of birds that come to our yard & feeder -- nuthatches (they hang upside down on the feeder, cool birds) chickadees, cardinals, finches of several types (including goldfinches) The ones that drive me nuts because they're seed pigs are robins (and they're ugly -- American robins don't deserve to be called a robin) bluejays, cowbirds, and the crows.

We also have a Peregrine Falcon nest (or maybe several) in the immediate area, it/they hang out in our trees a lot. Those also happen to be my youngest kid's favorite bird of any kind, and she's unfortunately never seen one on the property yet.
The older kid and I have, many, many times now, lol. One landed on a tree branch less than 10 feet from me once while I was grilling. That was one nervous stare-down on my part, as I slooooowly closed the grill lid. Another time, it was perched on the deck railing, just chillin' one morning. The older kid walked outside, oblivious, and they kinda froze & stared each other down for a minute before it took off.
The closest the younger kid got was a while back when one was perched up in one of our super-tall spruce trees, well obscured. We could hear the thing up there, though, he was being pretty mouthy with his call. And I gotta say, hearing that call in person is surreal as hell, they don't usually make any noise at all around here.
Poor kid was as giddy as she could get waiting for it to take flight so she could see it. It took off from the backside of the trees, still obscured. Man, was she disappointed.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What you call Birds has a totally different meaning with me i was expecting some blonds or a red head maybe ,

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

When I re-read the thread title this morning I did wonder if anyone would click thinking that,

My bad, lol

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: stonerwilliam

When I re-read the thread title this morning I did wonder if anyone would click thinking that,

My bad, lol

I have a one track mind

Its a dirt track

edit on 6/12/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join