It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author Claims Asteroid WILL hit Earth in 2029

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Chernobyl connection might just be a "clue": What if NASA launches a nuclear missile at the asteroid a la one of those asteroid impact movies and it leaves the space rock radioactive? What if that radioactive space rock breaks up into radioactive chunks that poison the waters and someone makes the connection to Chernobyl being the Ukrainian word for "Wormwood" and the name sticks? All I say is that it's one of those things that makes you go "Hmmmmm....." and I wouldn't discount there might be some connection between Chernobyl "Wormwood" and Apophis "Wormwood."

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

I'm glad you posted because this will really test peoples common
sense in regards to being desensitized by all the cries of wolf. This is
not one of those just by NASA's own data. It's just good knowledge.

And this I never heard of before so more good info.

The Yarkovsky Effect

Seems to me in space the slightest touch can have an effect but
hell I drive a damn truck s what do I know.

edit on 4-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If this was true there are many many people that would have the ability to see this thing through remote viewing, yet just one dude who is selling a book about this "prophecy" so the chances are he's just looking to make some cash.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

The Yarkovsky Effect

I "get it" that people don't want to accept the "religious" or "prophetic" aspects of this. I really do. Believe me, I've trolled enough so-called "prophecy" websites that a lot of them don't even post my comments anymore. There are a lot of false prophets out there and they infuriate me when they post things that are blatantly incorrect or turn out to be nothing but hot air.

Mr. Horn does have one prediction that verifiably came true: The resignation of Pope Benedict. Popes don't just resign all the time so this was a prediction with very low odds of being accidental.

But--there is still that chance he "hit it right" based on a guess. Same with Apophis hitting the Earth.

The thing that intrigues me is the NASA factor.

To Whom It May Concern: Listen to the podcast. I'm not trying to promote Mr. Horn's book. I paid just under $13.00 for it from Barnes and Noble (now up to almost $17.00). I think that's worth it for a more in-depth look at this, but to each his own. Don't order the book for all I care.

But the podcast is worth two hours of your life. Yes, Steve Quayle's parts kind of make me roll my eyes, but Mr. Horn comes across as maybe having some information that we should at least be open-minded about.

That's all I'm claiming.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

If this was true there are many many people that would have the ability to see this thing through remote viewing, yet just one dude who is selling a book about this "prophecy" so the chances are he's just looking to make some cash.

Not necessarily. A lot of people claim to be able to "see" things who really can't.

And yes, Tom Horn might be one of them.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

But the podcast is worth two hours of your life. Yes, Steve Quayle's parts kind of make me roll my eyes, but Mr. Horn comes across as maybe having some information that we should at least be open-minded about.

You've done very well posting this IMO. You make no conclusions and
I also catch myself doing the eye roll often when people make them
selves sound likes a geek. lol

Yes Tom Horns notoriety is well deserved because he really did nail
that one. Pope Ben Almost to the letter.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Nobody is going to argue with you. Make of it what you will.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
About time we get a prediction that's far enough out for mankind to do something!

Let's use a super-nuke on it, while it's years away.

In space a nuke would not be much use, it would still release it's EMP and fry any electronics etc but without an atmosphere to create a shock wave in the only shock would be made of the vaporized nuke itself.

It would however shower the asteroids surface in a short burst of high energy particle radiation including neutron radiation and this would perhaps ablate the surface by less than a millimeter so create a very short lived and likely not very impressive push against the asteroid that would likely not do much to change its heading.

In sci fi movies they realize this which is why they always have to bury there nukes inside the asteroid BUT this is more likely to just turn the asteroid into a cloud of smaller asteroids that would then rain down on the earth anyway but hit more than one area.

So what can we do with nuclear power then, well we could create super hot pressurized reactors that would land on the asteroid, crawl around it to locate themselves at optimal point's then anchor themselves to the surface while part of them then would mine the asteroid for material, this material would then be put into the pressurized nuclear powered heat chamber and once it reached a high enough pressure released as a vectored thrust repeating this process as many times as necessary and moving the reactors to were they were needed to maximize the affect of there limited thrust.

But since our research into nuclear powered (pulsed) plasma mass driver engines is limited probably the best is to burrow nukes into the asteroid since while the debris will still then hit the earth smaller debris pieces are going to cause a lot less damage over all then a huge impact.

Of course we will all have to wait and see since there are element's that would welcome such an event if they themselves know the safe zone and have a bunker set up for themselves, I wonder do we have any evidence that such is the case?.

edit on 4-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm listening to the podcast again. Tom Horn makes a claim that I had forgotten about: That NASA itself had originally stated that Apophis would actually hit the Earth, then changed their minds. Did they correct some calculations? Or is it the new calculations that are incorrect? Or is it a coverup?

I have not looked into any independent verification, but that sounds like someone at NASA changed their story for suspicious reasons--like, to avoid a panic. When I get time I'll try to look up the history of Apophis and see if I can find that statement.
edit on 4-12-2019 by DrogoTheNorman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman

The Yarkovsky Effect

To Whom It May Concern: Listen to the podcast. I'm not trying to promote Mr. Horn's book. I paid just under $13.00 for it from Barnes and Noble (now up to almost $17.00). I think that's worth it for a more in-depth look at this, but to each his own. Don't order the book

That's all I'm claiming.

Not promoting the book yet felt the need to tell us the price you paid and it cost now

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow that's a bombshell although I would like to see this statement NASA made.... Do you have it?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Protadogma

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman

The Yarkovsky Effect

To Whom It May Concern: Listen to the podcast. I'm not trying to promote Mr. Horn's book. I paid just under $13.00 for it from Barnes and Noble (now up to almost $17.00). I think that's worth it for a more in-depth look at this, but to each his own. Don't order the book

That's all I'm claiming.

Not promoting the book yet felt the need to tell us the price you paid and it cost now

People in these threads invariably end up asking the price of something, so I wanted to pre-empt such posts. I didn't want to get hate mail for posting the price I paid--only to have people complaining that's inaccurate when they go back and it's increased. Nothing more than that. This thread may be read by people after the price changes several times and I didn't want there to be fifteen posts on how the price is not what I posted.

I can't promote the book. I haven't even read it yet. I AM promoting the podcast that I've listened to three times now.

There are "sales pitches" for the book in the podcast, but you can skip them easily enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is 1214 feet wide so slightly less than what the Empire State Building is tall. A 3.1 mile wide crater if it hit land. No nuclear winter from impact. An ocean hit would be bad for the coast if close enough.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi ,

My grandfather worked for NASA , Ford Aerospace and JPL. NASA is a government agency and they can be ordered to conceal information. The appearance that they are a civilian agency is just that, an appearance. They have processes in place to conceal any information that could cause mass panic an international incident or be embarrassing to the country. In regards to NASA doing anything for the money it does not matter. They want to be seen as broke and as falling behind technologically, confuses the enemy. New research into tech is done by private companies who "win" bids . This allows them to reduce oversight by congress and to avoid FOIA requests.

a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It will be Friday the thirteenth when it zips on by. That alone is kind of eerie. It is not going to miss the earth by much and it could actually bump into something and get it's orbit shifted a tiny bit making it possibly hit or miss farther.

That is almost ten years from now and I do not know if I will even be alive to see it anyway. I suppose the global warming people will blame the asteroid hitting us on carbon dioxide. Trump won't be in office, they can't blame it on Trump anymore.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It will be Friday the thirteenth when it zips on by. That alone is kind of eerie.

Just so I beat all the troll posts....it's the anniversary of Art Bell's death.

Got that out of the way.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Tom trying to sell another book?

When his prognosticates and it does not come true is he a false prophet?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If true...we don't need to be concerned about Climate Change...unless this asteroid is caused by Climate Change...which it probably is...because Trump.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's a 2 hr video. Why didn't you at least try to povide highlights via timespamp to some of the more promenent portions. I'm not going to sit here and watch a 2 hr video.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Wormwood... as in... absinthe?

And he's on a book tour?

I dunno man...

Ah it makes sense now. World leaders will nuke this thing, but it will poison it with radiation and will still hit the earth, but instead of it doing only kinetic damage will create atomic fallout over vast distances. The folly of man creates the wormwood effect. The ultimate Darwin award.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join