It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

end of world?...yeah right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i was watching an episode from the x-files earlier today, im not sure what year it was made but it was 'the truth - part 2', when cancer man dies. it's during this episode we find out that aliens will come for one final invasion on 22nd december 2012. hang on a minute... 2012, hasn't that cropped up somewhere else? yeah that's right those bible code readers say it's also 2012... wierd coincidence, bible codes rip off x-files? your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
"wierd coincidence, bible codes rip off x-files?"

More like x-files rip off bible codes.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, my mother who is a devote Christian believes this is the End Times.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Do you mean "The Smoking" man...I'm not real up on the X-Files.....was it the "cancer man"? There are billions of threads here about this silly end of hte world in the year 2012

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"The Truth" is the last episode of the last season of the X-Files. Personally I was a bit dissapointed in it.

But yeah, Chris Carter has always borrowed from urban legends and the mythology of the paranormal to write the X-Files episodes. I'm sure somewhere along the way he heard about the 2012 end of the world thing and figured he'd include it in the show. So I doubt the idea of the world ending in 2012 was originated from the X-Files.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
X-Files took it from the Mayan calendar which is also where Terrence McKenna aimed to land in his theorums.

I don't know what the Bible codes say. Don't care.

Give me X-Files, Mayans and Terrence McKenna anyday.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Mayans didn't believe the world would end at 2012, but an new age of man would begin. It could be a major catastrophic event (environmental or man-made) that may trigger the event. However, I keep thinking about the movie "Donnie Darko" and the warning to him that the world would end.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To be fair x-files was good in its day, the first few series were really good, infact id say as far up to the 'x-files:the movie' it was all pretty good stuff. Then after that they started repeating quite alot of stuff, got more boring, poorer production etc the leaving of mulder, i can remember not even bothering with the last few series, and caught the last bit of the final episode with all the explosions, it'd lost its way.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One of the X-Files' charms was that it heavily borrowed from established conspiracy theories.... The 2012 reference was an obvious one as well. As mentioned above, it's largely derived from the Mayan calendar. While the calendar is cyclic in nature, there were NO such ones AFTER 2012, and that's why some go for the END versus a new cycle starting up. There are plenty of other references too, some claim the staircase in the Great Pyramid is a calendar of the ages, also ending in 2012, and so on and so on (see the myriad of threads here on 2012). However, as mentioned, the X-Files borrowed from what was out there...so don't read too much into it... Personally, I always gave them props for their portrayal of the Bilderberg group.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

yeah that's right those bible code readers say it's also 2012... wierd coincidence, bible codes rip off x-files? your guess is as good as mine.

the bible code doesnt say the world will end in 2012... thats a misinterpretation of it ... that doomsdaye false prophets trying to rave up the crowds... just liek they said the world would end in 2000...

the bible code has nothing to do with that ...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
Well, my mother who is a devote Christian believes this is the End Times.

Do u mean ur mom belives this time now in the end because if so my friend who is also very religious says his family says that alot of the things happining these days are in the bible and also tie into a war/revelation

but if u didnt mean that ignor what i just typed lol

top topics

join