It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Had Enough!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ever consider pushing back?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I live in a small town, with probably a 95% republican base. Everyone here is very similar. There is not great discord here. However, if you took our population, and that of Seattle, it would be polar opposites on almost every topic.
If you were a very liberal person, you would have a very hard time in our community. If you are a very conservative person you'd have a hard time living in Seattle, etc. If you never get outside of your community you never really get to see the full picture. If I never left my community, I could easily believe that all is well in the world. Since I travel and have friends all over the globe I know it so. The closer people get to the cities and suburbs and where political lines are mixed is where you see this discord more.

Um, I have lived all over these great states , and you comment stinks to high heaven . True, the bigger cities have different political opinions, but at the end of the day, we all talk about family, work and what kind of new gun we bought.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In Florida, we have a real mix of every party but no one talks politics; at all. We do laugh at our two mayors (yes, 2) who are presently in jail. We really laugh at the police on Live PD in our town.

I agree with the op. It is not in our every day conversation. Maybe when we get closer to the actual election..nope, not even then. Because, we are Floriduh. Don't think we are alone.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Um, I have lived all over these great states , and you comment stinks to high heaven . True, the bigger cities have different political opinions, but at the end of the day, we all talk about family, work and what kind of new gun we bought.

What stinks, the truth?

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

For a population of over 327 million I wouldn't say a handful of incidents means that it is becoming "wide spread". The media is jumping on every case they can dig up to further spread the fallacy of deep division, and some people are drinking it up. The odds of being attacked by dogs are greater than being attacked for wearing a MAGA hat.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

For a population of over 327 million I wouldn't say a handful of incidents means that it is becoming "wide spread". The media is jumping on every case they can dig up to further spread the fallacy of deep division, and some people are drinking it up. The odds of being attacked by dogs are greater than being attacked for wearing a MAGA hat.

Yes I agree about the dog attack, but let me ask you this.

What were the odds of getting attacked from wearing a Bush hat when he was in office vs. Trump hat now.
That was not that long ago.

This is an interesting article:

www.seattletimes.com...

High tension, raw emotion and occasional violence have always been a feature of U.S. democracy — in times of war and peace, through presidential impeachments and mass protest movements. But interviews with voters across the country, along with an analysis of recent research by political scientists who specialize in partisan division, suggest that politics is changing how Americans think and behave in new and unsettling ways

edit on 3-12-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Yes I agree about the dog attack, but let me ask you this.

What were the odds of getting attacked from wearing a Bush hat when he was in office vs. Trump hat now.

I don't recall many people wearing Bush hats like they do the MAGA hats, but then again we didn't have so many people being manipulated by media propaganda then either which brings me back to the original point: The press, social media and crazy people are the ones pushing all of this division crap- average Joe on the street doesn't give a rats behind what your political beliefs are and is gonna treat everyone just like they always have regardless. Crazy stuff like MAGA hat beatdowns aren't as frequent as we're led to believe by the media just jumped on, reported over and over and spun for ratings and twisted into propaganda in an attempt to instill more divisive thought. If you keep reporting something over and over and over mentally unstable people will start taking cues. We really didn't hear much about school massacres until Columbine permeated the airwaves 24/7 and other mentally unstable youths started taking cues.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Groot

What stinks, the truth?

Your truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The difference is media , controlled bias with an agenda.

Here is a fun fact. Use the wayback machine to look at headlines in the news before 2014. Before 2001.

Read those headlines. You can even look up ATS !

archive.org...

edit on 3-12-2019 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Awesome post, thanks for sharing! S&F

My hubby and I were in a restaurant, and I was discussing politics. My hubby kept shushing me. Someone got offended and complained. We were kicked out of the restaurant. I learned the hard way to keep my politics to myself. I don’t think that kind of thing happens too much though. I live in a town with about 25,000 people, known to be very conservative. I am liberal, but have experienced nothing but kindness in this town. I’m so glad I moved here. As you stated in your post, people will help each other without giving a hoot about their politics. This gives me hope, and I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who feels this way.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If you wear a MAGA hat your life is on the line??? Talk about embellishment.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I spent 10 days around Thanksgiving week traveling through 4 states, talked with a boat load of strangers, friends, and family, with lots of alcohol about, and amazingly enough, no politics came up.

Everyone had a ball, everyone was friendly, and I had a great trip.

I too have been spreading the word for a while now.

Don't believe the lies they are feeding us. Go outside, see the real world.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Wow, you seem to be spending a lot of money on things you want but do not need. Be careful not to wind up with excessive credit card debt, pay with cash, that way you actually touch the money you spend and you are more apt to notice overspending.

See, I did not say anything about politics....damn, I just mentioned politics.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Wow, you seem to be spending a lot of money on things you want but do not need. Be careful not to wind up with excessive credit card debt, pay with cash, that way you actually touch the money you spend and you are more apt to notice overspending.

See, I did not say anything about politics....damn, I just mentioned politics.

We don't use credit cards, they are detrimental to our savings account. We generally only spend money on bills, groceries, gas, cleaning and household supplies, a haircut every 3 months and gifts for birthday and Christmas- and about once a month we go out for a nice dinner. We are saving to buy an old farmhouse with good bones we can fix up for cash so excessive spending is a no no. We've been catching flack from family because we aren't visiting for Christmas and saving money instead.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

If you wear a MAGA hat your life is on the line??? Talk about
embellishment.

Clearly you haven't been to Portland or Seattle lately.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

how it's only going to get worse and worse and the divide is getting wider and wider... and it's a lie!

Is it ?

I disagree. Your rant is fine on one condition...that you never ever disclose your political opinion publicly.

That would also include..not wearing a MAGA hat. But if you want to test your rant. Do just that.

Wear a MAGA hat and just keep your mouth shut...go out for a day and get back to us on the subject.

Oh, and wanted to ask you...you are not a frequent poster...but, have you visited the mud pit lately ?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You know, I am not so against leaving politics in the personal arena.

I was raised to never discuss politics or religion, and the height of personal invasion was to ask someone who they voted for.

I think those old folks knew that voting booths needed curtains, and that politics and religion has no place in polite conversation.
edit on 4-12-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: OCD

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Turn on, tune in, drop out

microdosing has helped me in ways that are beyond words

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You know, I am not so against leaving politics in the personal arena.

considering how things are...that is probably smart. Then again...one must think about where we are as a society...when one is not free to express his political views out of fear of being attacked for having one.

I think those old folks knew that voting booths needed curtains, and that politics and religion has no place in polite conversation.

I respect every man/woman that wants to keep his political or religious view to him/herself. Still...it should be a choice, not a threat to your life.

But you have to ask yourself...why..."polite conversation". Obviously we are such vile beasts that we can not have that and discuss religion for example.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

a reply to: dogstar23

I live in a small town, with probably a 95% republican base. Everyone here is very similar. There is not great discord here. However, if you took our population, and that of Seattle, it would be polar opposites on almost every topic.
If you were a very liberal person, you would have a very hard time in our community. If you are a very conservative person you'd have a hard time living in Seattle, etc. If you never get outside of your community you never really get to see the full picture. If I never left my community, I could easily believe that all is well in the world. Since I travel and have friends all over the globe I know it so. The closer people get to the cities and suburbs and where political lines are mixed is where you see this discord more.

www.aol.com...

Man claims he was assaulted in NYC for wearing Trump 'MAGA' hat
Jahangir Turan, 42, told NYPD officers he was walking along Canal Street on his way to dinner around 7 p.m. when he was assaulted by a large group of teenagers who were yelling "F*** Trump!" WCBS reports.

"One girl flipped my hat, and then within five, eight seconds, I got pushed from the back and my face hit the scaffolding pole," he recalled.
"It's dangerous to wear a hat like this in New York City," he told the station. "This is America, you know? Everybody has their right. To wear a hat like this, this can happen to you. That's sad."

I could see extremities being this way. I'm in the Chicago suburbs - there's folks who "identify as" (lol) Republican or Democrat here, but most just seem to distrust all politicians. It's Illinois, we've cultivated a distrust of both parties over the decades, but can't shake them because its easy wins for Dems in the city, easy wins for Reps downstate - never any real competition.

Maybe the city and rural towns are different. I guess the white picket fence, good restaurants, hospitals, stores, etc., 2-1/2 kids and 1-1/2 dogs keep people busy enough to just not care. That, and disillusionment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join