It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My debate with YouTuber Destiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I recently debated popular tour and twitch personality Destiny

The topic was supposed to be impeachment, but turned to being more about trump in general

I’ll leave the video here for people to watch

Perhaps you will think I performed well or poorly, or maybe you will like what he has to say and want to check out his channel

I’ll comment on my thoughts on it later, but I do want to say I thought he was incredibly kind in reaching out to me to get this debate going

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One aside I will say

I would love to have more debates with other people, or to watch other ats posters debate each other

I think it’s important to have people with different thoughts engage with each other

ATS should set up a forum not just for the debates like they used to, but maybe to have some mods moderate debates on video between members

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Would love to read or listen to that ...Above Top Secret Mano a mano... Point/CounterPoint.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You did well. I listened some last night. Unfortunately people like to stonewall on relevant peripheral issues. Things that Biden and Obama did ARE and should be part of the discussion. I like when people say in almost the same breath that they are not defending x, but then defend x. They try to act neutral by "not defending".

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Thank you

I fee there were things I could have done better

But I took your advice to heart from last time

I wanted to more accurately represent who I am, which meant being polite and willing to let the host of the debate take it where he wanted

I feel disappointed that the Russia investigation and impeachment, which have dominated the democrat party, seemed to be disinteresting to Destiny and others as soon as it can be shown to be corrupt

But I had fun

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I think you did well Grambler. I didn't care for that Destiny dude and how he handled the debate.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I think you did well Grambler. I didn't care for that Destiny dude and how he handled the debate.

Thank you

I believe there were about 4000 people listening on his channel

There comments were all that he utterly destroyed me, I am a huge moron and liar, and that destiny shouldn’t have platformed a right wing but like me

I don’t see it that way at all, but I expected his audience would feel that way

Despite this, I thanked them all for listening to me and several said they appreciated my politeness even if they disagreed with everything I said

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
LULZ
I have always disliked this twat of a person.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Man Destiny really gets on my nerves, but he is pretty decent at taking peoples views/bias/agendas apart!

I haven't watched yet but I will.

It's good for you to go away from ATS with this stuff, too many folk agree with you here and that's not a good thing, you gotta be challenged. You can't get better at this with a bunch of yes men and the occasional back and forth with people who don't take this as serious as you.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I agree and I always trying to engage with people that disagree with me

The problem with this debate with Destiny is that he doesn’t take the Russia investigation or impeachment serious at all

But it was still a lot of fun

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I will be doing a Late Night Livestream on my channel tonight at 11pm ET about my reactions to this debate, and the idea of why debate with people you disagree with is important.

Please join me if you like, and offer your thoughts on what I did well or poorly.

new topics

top topics

join