It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream of Nuclear detonation in PNW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Been a member for almost a decade now, but havent been active in 5 years or so. A few weeks ago I had a very eerie lucid dream. I am a healthy and regular dreamer, so this one really stood out and left me shaken the next day.

Dream: I was driving around with my girlfriend in our new car that we just bought irl. It was the weekend, Grandma had our daughter, we had the day off together so we went for a joy ride. We were in the next town over in the outskirts about 15 miles from home. close to my work out where the fields stretch for miles. There was an uncomfortable eerie feeling in the dream, i remember even my gf felt it so she turned on the radio. It was all static, and then INSTANTLY the sky turned white and everything got silent. I knew it was a nuclear detonation. It was to the north toward what i thought would be Portland. The feeling that tens of thousands had just died was all too real. I remember then telling my gf we needed to go get the kid, so we turned back toward grandmas. Finally the radio came in and it was pre recorded emergency directions and then it cut to a live reporter who started giving out very very brief information. Much like when the emergency radio tests come on the radio. "Nuclear Detonation Reported At Port of Longview Washington." "Casualties in the thousands reported"

And the i woke up. It was one of those dreams that leaves you shaken the next day.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: otie1

Did you ever have a dream that came true?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The radio static before the light is interesting.
Initial cosmic radiation and then the intense photon emission.

Hope I am wrong with that, it would be too real....

Dreams like that... just say Cancel Cancel.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Reminds me of Pink Floyd's "Two Suns in the Sunset" / "Final Cut"

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Have had often similar dreams. Lucid as well. Uncontrollable.

You have seriously just been through something whether you know it or not, that's blown up your current reality.

What that is, who knows.

This is how you recover.

What in your personal life went nuclear?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Did you ever have a dream that came true?

I am not into crystal rubbing new age anything but... I had a vivid dream that came true the next day about three Russian Cosmonauts dying upon reentry. That evening on CBS news Walter Cronkite announced the three Russian Cosmonauts were found dead in their capsule upon opening. Probably around 1971/72 ? The dream was so real upon wakening I told my wife all about it... When the news flash came on, to say we were both shocked, would be an understatement !

It was like I was a pair of eyeballs floating around in their capsule during decent .. The Russians did recovery on land not the ocean. According to me the last Cosmonaut died right at the successful touch down of the capsule..According to my eyeballs they suffered a peaceful death as they just passed out and basically went to sleep not knowing anything about their future fate.

Not Walters take but it did happen and this says 1971.. I was teaching instrument flying for the US army and had to be at work by 05:30..
youtu.be...

I do not dream or at least I do not remember my dreams or even that I had one (shucks) ! I think I stopped dreaming except for very rare occurrences sometime after that experience..

I can not explain it and it is not a big deal to me other than knowing there is something more than what we experience in our day to day lives.
I ain't Russian and have no idea why I would have dreamed such a thing but I did.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I have had my dreams become reality, but they are usually small and insignificant to my daily life. more like coincidences. But I usually will have a trigger, be it TV or a conversation that will uncover a random dream memory ive had recently.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Suffice to say I hope you're wrong about this one.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24792849]EternalSolace[

It was so eerie. I recall pulling over just seconds before the detonation. messing with the radio, because our car is new and we are not that familiar with the radio yet. But the emotion in the dream was unreal. In the dream, I knew 10000s had just died and that life would never be the same. so much emotional weight was packed into the imagery.

What was strange was the method of detonation. It wasnt a plane. I think my mind was pointing to terrorist attack because it was at the port of longview and not Portland itself. but idk. it was just a really crazy dream

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Nuke detonation dreams are a 'thing'. I had one once long ago. I attributed it to Cold War stress.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I had a dream when I was a kid, 4th grade right after 9/11 that involved chemical warfare. I just remember a fog like gas throughout the neighborhood. That was one of these types of dreams that really stick with you.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Longview is an unlikely target. There's nothing of strategic importance there. The only possibility would be a device stored in a container ship that stopped at the port. I think you can rest easy.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The radio static before the light is interesting.
Initial cosmic radiation and then the intense photon emission.

Curious about this COSMIC radiation? is that not associated with
an asteroid?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I’ve long believed that ports and harbors are among our weakest security links in terms of defense against the importation of nuclear devices.

Absent public confirmation of countermeasures in existence, I fear it would be relatively easy to slip a nuclear device into an otherwise secure port secretly attached as a “limpet” to the keel of an unsuspected (and, perhaps, unsuspecting) ship.

The hull of the ship itself, as well as any cargo it might be carrying, would serve as shielding against detectable radiation from the weapon.

Detonating even a relatively low yield nuclear device in a port would result in large amounts of radioactively contaminated water being spread throughout the area surrounding the port itself, much farther than any solid debris might be spread. The cleanup and decontamination effort following the blast would therefore be much more complicated and expensive.

Given the potential size of the contaminated “danger zone”, it is even possible that rescue efforts could be impacted.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Longview is an unlikely target. There's nothing of strategic importance there. The only possibility would be a device stored in a container ship that stopped at the port. I think you can rest easy.

Not “in”.

Under.

Think “outside the box” for greater shielding and less likelihood of detection.

And “strategic importance” comes in many flavors.

Ports capable of handling large freighters are not numerous to begin with. Having even one of them shut down, perhaps permanently, due to radioactive contamination would result in a significant economic impact, not just locally, but nationally, even worldwide, as well.

Striking a “non-strategic” port might be easier than attacking a strategic port due to “more relaxed” security. But such a strike would, of course, result in an immediate, likely “draconian”, security measures being rushed into place at all remaining ports.

Which would necessarily impede their operations and further disrupt the economy.
edit on 1-12-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I think that the Port of Portland was the intended target, but something happened before it could make it to the intended target. Thats why I immediately thought it was detonated in Portland. I also remember looking in the general direction of the blast, to the north of me, and thinking that was where it had detonated. And because I awoke right after the radio started announcing the disaster ill never know if there was any other detonations. But i was suprised that the target is or was Longview and not portland or seattle. It somewhat made my dream more believable and "real" to me lol

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

you are probably young (given that prophecy says in the End Times that the Elders will have visions & the young will dream dreams)

for every prophetic event, the 'force/Spirit' will communicate to a limited number of 'Dreamers/Visionaries' of what is to take place...and it those people's task to inform the world around themselves of what they have been shown

for example: Jim Jones & Peoples Temple in Guyana...also the attacks on Sept 11th & the Anthrax by Mail attacks were also known before they occurred by various persons including my friend named 'Viktor'...
Warnings went Out to those with Ears to hear

You, now have to investigate every aspect of the 'dream' to unlock the 'secrets' contained... like dates/kilotons and Cosmic Storm bombardment
(which fits with the Galactic SuperWave catastrophe which is being once-again talked about on Talk radio shows in the PM hours)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The good thing is dreams, like predictions, don't tell the future so the people of the Pacific North West remain safe from what you imagined.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

There are literally dozens of threads of similar dreams here from throughout the years. None of which have came true. Its fun to entertain such crazy ideas sometimes. Plus, if for some CRAZY reason such incident did occur, youll all have a really great thread to look back on to stir the conspiracy pot

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Interesting.

I'm a couple hours north of Portland - and - this whole last year I've been having a nuclear dream...

I'll not go into a lot of detail (unless you want) - as I don't want to detract from your dream.

Suffice to say - if it helps - you're not the only one having them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join