It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London attack, Grrrrrr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When all of the elements come together on something like this. I’m left speechless. My only thought is when will they ever learn?

Usman Khan was invited to attend the conference on prison rehabilitation at fishmongers Hall. Along with other former inmates Who were to be held up as examples of success.

We know how that worked out.

You don’t coddle violent prisoners. especially when they’re linked to Al-Qaeda and were convicted for planning to bomb the London Stock exchange.

Former prisoner Usman Khan, from Staffordshire, was invited to the 'Learning Together' fifth anniversary event on the north side of London Bridge which included other former inmates and prison staff. 

www.dailymail.co.uk...

He was originally given a intermediate sentence which is basically indefinite. On appeal it was reduced to 16 years and because of the rule change in February 2015 he was eligible for release when he served half of the sentence.

Another thing that baffled me about the prison system in the UK. Is that they don’t differentiate between a regular prisoner and terrorists. I doubt it’s just me who thinks that’s completely insane.

I can’t be sure so without using the L word. I’m going to assume the compassionate ones were behind this rule change. (change my mind on that see below)

I’m sure many hearts went pitter patter with righteousness when “ humane” sentencing was enacted.

But don’t forget one of your own and a advocate for prison reform Jack Merritt who’s heart will beat no more. RIP

As if I wasn’t irritated enough.

The conservatives have been fighting for stronger sentencing.

Violent and sex offenders in England and Wales will no longer be automatically released halfway through their jail sentence under government plans that will increase the prison population by about 3,000.

Source

A few hours ago the “ reasonable ones” started pushing back.

Johnson’s inevitable call for tougher prison sentences and restricted probation for terrorists will not end these attacks. A few more years behind bars will not stop a radicalised and determined offender from leaving prison and carrying out an attack, it only postpones it.

There’s a simple solution for that Robbie. Use your brain not your heart and you’ll come up with it.

Not to mention that you also lied to minimize the damage to your cause.

Usman Khan, 28, who had been released from an eight-year prison sentence last year for his part in a plot to blow up the London Stock Exchange, went on a knife rampage killing two people and seriously injuring three others. 

He wasn’t sentenced to eight years. The original sentence could’ve been up to 30. On appeal he got 16. He was released after serving half (8yrs). Everyone of those reductions in sentencing was because of the policy’s you support.

Postpone it my ass . I’m good with a 22 year postponement. He would’ve probably come out with a different attitude.

Source

Guess who got the blame for all of this?

Pressure is growing on Boris Johnson to explain why the London Bridge terrorist was freed from prison to carry out the attack, a decision branded “quite incredible” by one terror expert.

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/london-bridge-attack-usman-khan-release-prison-boris-johnson-terror-attack-a9227241

Stop the world I want to get off.
edit on 30-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Everyone of those reductions in sentencing was because of the policy’s you support.

I don't support it and never have , more importantly Johnson has already said he doesn't think it's right that serious criminals only serve half their sentence .

It's easy to be wise after the event , he obviously said the right things in order to be released which is probably why he was invited to attend the conference.
edit on 30-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The social engineers and architects behind western civilization are on a suicide mission we are now into the twilight zone,if I were to do a thesis as to how to really screw up a country it would simply be a synopsis of the last 20 years of politics by both sides,there is nothing you can do just sit back like George Carlin did and watch the Kabuki unfold.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My bad I wasn’t clear .

That was addressed to Robert the guy that wrote the opinion piece .

I looked at the conservative pushback on sentencing.

It’s been going on since September.

Do you know if there’s any resolution or favorable movement on the issue ?
edit on 30-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that the 'perpetrator' was tagged.....3 ARMED officers turn up...not your normal bobby.....so my conspiracy head goes....so when first phone calls to police go in, their computer scans area....clocks the 'tag' , facial recognition confirms...so they know immediately what they are dealing with...bang, bang...you're dead. Fair enough. But this raises the question that he was tagged on release 12 months ago....he must have 'played the rules' for 12 months....so does tagging REALLY work? Just pondering.......the wishy washy responses from all political parties clearly tells me the 'spooks' run this country......and bloody good job too!
ALSO....hope the 'spooks' have taken the other 8 either into custody, or have not been released like he was....

Concerned Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you know if there’s any resolution or favorable movement on the issue ?

As it looks likely the Conservatives will win a majority on the 12th I think it will be firmly on their agenda given recent events , the thing is it will require more funding for the prison service to recruit staff and build new prisons , perhaps the floating prison idea will resurface as a quick fix but that's a political hot potato.

In my job I have delivered to prisons and spoken to prison officers , constant cuts to the service have hit hard , put lives at risk and lowered moral to rock bottom , the new government will have to loosen the purse strings regardless of the banner they sit under to fix the damage done by austerity.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

if I were to do a thesis as to how to really screw up a country

If anybody wrote a accurate and honest paper.

When someone read it in 1000 years .

They would think it’s from The Onion.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes we are now in an idiocracy

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
When the conservatives get into power, bs, bs, bs. They HAVE been in power the last nine years and what have they done? F### all. They are full of BS because of he coming election , but they have had plenty of time to address this situation and done nothing, even reduced the police force. So stop your BS about conservatives going to do something.
There would be plenty of room "inside" if they released all the non violent "criminals". Druggies, fraudsters (from big corporations, not the working man), motorists etc. Or better still knuckle under and recognise where this threat comes from and act accordingly.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

When the conservatives get into power, bs, bs, bs. They HAVE been in power the last nine years and what have they done?

I'm just stating what appears to be a fact , I'm no Tory and I'm not celebrating the fact there is no other real alternative and the country appear to see that , I will not be voting this time because there is no one I cane hand on heart vote for , Johnson's deal is a cop out and bad for the country.:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yeah I read about the overcrowding and the disrepair of your penal system .

I guess the logic goes like this .

Spend money invest in the prison system and keep people safe .

Or

Spend the money pampering the inmates screw the public and ignore the 75% recidivism rate.

But who am I kidding ?

You can’t logic people out of a position that they didn’t use logic to come up with in the first place .

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Actually its more sinister than that those public assets that they haven't sold off they've run into the ground so that no one will complain when these too get privatized.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Bring back prison ships .

If they were good enough for us they should be good enough for you guys . Lol

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Prisoners in British prisons are pampered mainly due to lawyers with liberal interpretations of the human rights act plus it's a way to keep the peace in understaffed prisons , under investment over decades has led us to this state plus to a certain extent the decriminalization of drugs , the availability of drugs in prison is also a problem with some believing it's tolerated ,again to keep the peace.

It's no good just locking people up 24/7 , proper investment in education and training is needed but sadly lacking , if you release a prisoner he'll come back , better to release a carpenter or a builder ... no?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A terrorist can not be rehabilitated ever.
The death sentence needs to be reintroduced.
Usman Khan should have been hanged in 2012. The fact he wasn;t means 2 innocent people are dead and others injured, whilst familied are left shattered.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Usman Khan should have been hanged in 2012. The fact he wasn;t means 2 innocent people are dead and others injured, whilst familied are left shattered.

Birmingham six, Guildford four.

Maybe good reasons why we don't just hang terrorists?

edit on 1-12-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Birmingham six, Guildford four.

Maybe good reasons why we don't just hang terrorists?

It's a fair argument.

My solution would be to take the legal proceedings out of single nation states. At the height of the IRA it was difficult for any accused terrorist to get a fair trial.

So create a terrorist court - an ongoing 'Nuremberg'.
Conviction = hanging.

The alternative is actual life with no chance of ever being freed - during which the terrorists live on the bare minimum essentials to survive and are put to work on public projects.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I agree .

If not and they still insist convicts only serve half of their time .

Sentence terrorist to life then don’t let them out until they’re half dead .

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I agree .

If not and they still insist convicts only serve half of their time .

Sentence terrorist to life then don’t let them out until they’re half dead .

Britain needs to deport those unsavoury characters to its far off commonwealth after a stay at HM PRISON GITMO 2 and their families , that would get the message across very quickly as we are way to soft on criminals here , we need some American style justice when it comes to sentencing and punishment here

top topics

join