It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 000 years old, amazingly preserved puppy with whiskers, eyelashes and hair puzzle scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Badams

Archaeologists need to maintain their research funds and research funding is based on keeping the general public in place! Certainly they will not jump up with a new concept ... they will however jump on and ridicule any other new theory. Remember, all they have are theories. P

Hogwash...
a) Academe is full of bright young graduate students who are just itching to smash a paradigm or two to earn their stripes.
b) Please Google "Scientific Theory."

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

Oh man, imagine if they clone this little puppy. I would love to have a prehistoric dog/wolf as a pet. It would simply be AWESOME!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Hogwash... a) Academe is full of bright young graduate students who are just itching to smash a paradigm or two to earn their stripes. b) Please Google "Scientific Theory."

Bull!

The entire area of study is controlled tightly by the peeps at the top of the show.

If you buck the system you will never work in the field again.

This has been shown time and time again.

The Pyramids are a lot older than the masters would have you believe and Jeff didn't kill himself.

P

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Not a puppy
2c

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Not a puppy
2c

I do tend to agree, the teeth are far too big around for a puppy that age. I have a 11 week old Boxer and his teeth are more like needles, sharp.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

a reply to: Badams

Archaeologists need to maintain their research funds and research funding is based on keeping the general public in place! Certainly they will not jump up with a new concept ... they will however jump on and ridicule any other new theory. Remember, all they have are theories. P

Hogwash...
a) Academe is full of bright young graduate students who are just itching to smash a paradigm or two to earn their stripes.
b) Please Google "Scientific Theory."

Hey JohnnyCanuck - don't you realize nothing has changed in science for centuries. I mean we are still riding horses, dying of small pox, and don't know the distance to Alpha Centuari......

It is those that discover new things that get tenure, higher salaries, grants, book deals, foundations and calls from National Geographic.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hogwash... a) Academe is full of bright young graduate students who are just itching to smash a paradigm or two to earn their stripes. b) Please Google "Scientific Theory."

Bull!

The entire area of study is controlled tightly by the peeps at the top of the show.

So all the people who have and are still working and being very successful how do you explain them?

So you are saying the guys or gals who discover news things all get canned? Really? Why did the guy who discovered Gobekli Tepe not get fired? Merer's diary? Etc?

The Pyramids are a lot older than the masters would have you believe and Jeff didn't kill himself.

Really? Whose the head of archaeology (in your country of origin) and who does he/she report to?

edit on 30/11/19 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Bull!
P
I am an archaeologist, and I interact regularly with prominent Canadian archaeologists and eager university grad students. Not to mention First Nations Medé, Elders and cultural reps. Paradigms are constantly being challenged and if the data supports it, they are smashed.

I know of two circumstances where seriously contentious ideas were rejected by the establishment...but that was for a lack of proof. I also know that they are still being investigated and if the evidence is strong, they'll be back. That's how careers are made, not by sitting on the goods.

There is actually a knowledge set beyond the University of YouTube, you know? You might wish to engage.
edit on 2-12-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: A quick edit to say that I was not just being glib with my last statement. I got into the field after talking to a professor of Middle-Eastern archaeology about Hancock. He set me straight.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Jesus Gallop.....please don't tell us about how your pet horse met its end.

Nothing sadder than saying goodbye to a beloved family pet

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wonder if the cave men used to talk to their wolf-dogs in baby talk, like we talk to our pets.

"Who's a cute little fuzzy hell hound! That's right, you are! Boo boo boo cutie pie vicious predator bubby!"
edit on 2-12-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join