It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picking a fight!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So, today I had to run out to the store for a couple last minute items my wife couldn't find the other day. The roads had just re-opened.

I had finished picking up the items and I drove across the street to McDonald's to get my pup his favorite treat at the "free window" (an egg McMuffin). He was with me. I got my buddy his favorite treat, and I'm pulling out...turning right. I've got a semi tractor-trailer in front of me. The semi pulls out and turns right also. There's this guy in the grocery store parking lot pulling out opposite me...turning left. I'm driving my Subaru Outback; this other guy is driving his lifted F-250 pickup. He pulls out, rolling coal and cuts me off (I have the right of way), then glares at me and flips me off. His wife/GF is with him...he's so cool. Then, when I pull out behind him, he jams on his brakes just to be a dick...then flips me off again! I'm looking at him like WTF, dude!! I didn't return the gesture. Driving up the drive to the main road this jackass brake-checks me two more times...on ice. Total jackass jerkwad! Completely unprovoked, and I even let him go in front of me (though I probably wouldn't have otherwise).

I just started laughing. First, I'm sure if I rolled out of my little Subaru and he rolled his weeny ass out of his lifted truck I probably would have towered over him, but that wasn't the point. What was really funny to me was the day, today, Wednesday...the day before Thanksgiving! I wondered how comical it would be to explain to someone how you got your ass whooped the day before Thanksgiving by a guy driving a puny little Subaru. I wondered if he would have had the same attitude towards me if I'd been driving my ranch truck, the one with the Ranchhand bull bars on the front, flat bed and mud on all over the windows and roof. I wondered if his GF would have been impressed when I didn't even try to stop when he brake-checked me and left a big ol' imprint in the back of his "pretty" rig when I shoved him into the back of the semi in front of him.

In the end though, what I really wondered is why someone could be so mad at the world...on the day before Thanksgiving.

I think even my Australian Cattle Dog got a chuckle out if it all.

Happy Thanksgiving, all...and don't be that guy on your travels!

God Bless!
edit on 11/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Maybe she'd just hauled him through the grocery store.

On the day before, that can make a lot of people feel evil.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There was hardly anyone in the store at all. I was surprised, but then again the roads had just re-opened after being closed for about 18 hours due to the storm.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There was a thread here recently about a book with a name one must never utter, so it was canned.. but it was a long the lines of "How to not give a bleep"... or the art of, or something.. it made me download the audio book and he was right. Effectively it recited the Buddhist philosophy that you can't change things like this. So bleep it..

In cases like this, who cares what beefy mcBeef head was thinking, he is an unimportant aspect in your life.

He probably just thought his wife/gf was looking at you and in his dead reality of failing to satisfy her, thought showing who da man, would bring her around with a smile for him.

He probably got home and she walked into another room shaking her head... or she could have rubbed tummies with him for being so uber manly..

who knows, who cares.. I bring this up simply because it's something I'd forgotten but once knew, but I merely considered it not letting someone elses reality invade mine. our character is not defined by how we react to negative things, but how we accept them and use them to better ourselves.. And as the book says "don't spend your time giving a bleep about things that don't deserve a bleep.. spend your time giving a bleep about things that matter."

I mean, all he really did was prove that you're the better person. no?

Merry thanks turkey day...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You're totally right, I don't really give a hoot one way or the other!

I only mentioned it because I wondered why someone could be so mad at the world the day before thanksgiving.

Otherwise, this jackwagon is a non-person to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
He was feeding his lady McDonalds.........

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How far are you from Gunnison?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Actually, he was coming out the grocery store parking lot...I was the one at McDonald's...feeding my pup.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Quite a ways, probably 250 miles or so I would guess.

ETA- Wow, that was a pretty close guess! I just checked Google...255 miles. LOL!

edit on 11/27/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You did the best thing just to ignore it .

But with someone giving you brake jobs there’s one other thing I’ve done before.

The jerk with road Tourette’s is watching you in the mirror . So act mad like you’ve blown up point to the side of the road daring him to pull over.

When he pulls over wave and keep driving .

It’s been my experience that they feel so stupid they drop it .

Another thing to do that work’s most of the time .

Is give them the ✌️ sign .

I think that gives them one of those” what the hell am I doing” moments .

Both are worth a chuckle the former maybe more than the latter .

Your need not to retaliate speaks volumes on your self-esteem .

I imagine It’s not any fun eating turkey with a fat lip.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

We have the same problem here with big ass trucks!

As a pedestrian, I always yell, “My! What a big peni... uh...., strong and thick truck you have!!”

I actually had a d!ck slam on his breaks and come at me for “walking in the street” (I was crossing 4 lanes before he turned onto the street. Then this d!ck accelerated at me). He was 20-something GI and I am a 50 year old 6-foot tall drunk guy crossing the road. He, all 5’4”, runs up and tries to push me. His whole back into it... I say, “Get your F# hands off me”, and push him. He takes 3 steps back, looks at me with wide eyes thinking he about to get his @$$ kicked when I smile and say, “Break the grip. Walk away”.

I turn around and walk away.

He goes ape sh# and is about to tackle me from behind when a car honks at him to move his POS truck out of the middle of the street. He storms off calling me every version of “f@g” his tiny brain can think of. To be a d!ck back, I walk up the sidewalk while he is screaming at me his homophobic scree. Then we hit the light and he continues to yell at me, and not in the lane he accelerated at me in, until the light turns green. D!ck is still yelling at me when the car behind him honks. He goes ape sh# again in his truck and speeds off!

Lao Tzu’s first rule is know your enemy.

It should be, “If you can avoid a fight, do”.

Either of our situations could have escalated to some kind of crazy where neither of us may have made it through.

Stay safe out there!!

PS - Kids, violence does not solve problems... it only makes more.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

HAAAAaa HA!! I like those!!

I'll remember that if it happens again!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Restraint is the better part of valor.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Watch Napoleon Dynamite for the reference!

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Invest in a dash cam. Can get one rather cheaply these days.

After the 2nd or 3rd intentional brake check... let it go right into their tail end. Then enjoy the rewards and Christmas presents the resulting insurance claims will reward!

Dash Cams are the best defense against road rage idiots.

I drive a semi truck. Having a dash cam has saved me a couple of times. It's come close to saving me on numerous occasions but wasn't needed because I was paying attention.
edit on 11/27/2019 by EternalSolace because: Grammar and Spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Full disclosure.

I use to road rage bad in my wild days.

They say you learn from experience .

I had both of those tactics pulled on me and they were affective each time .

Now that I think about it .

Realizing that I was the asshole not them.

Might in some small way have helped me get over my road warrior phase .

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Restraint is the better part of valor.

No, restraint is the inactivity in the face of valor.

Information dictates when to attack or retreat.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I drive a Subaru Outback as well. I often think I am probably the only Subaru owner with a Trump 2020 magnet.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yes, I know. I left out the word "often".

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yes, I know. I left out the word "often".

Attack your bird with style and know that the secret to a moist bird without a bag is the butter under the skin...
edit on 11/27/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join