It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 12th, 2019 UK General Election Thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

and that's Whisky not whiskey

May as well since I only drink when im celebrating or its a funeral

and today many things have died

edit on 13-12-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'm sorry Sapien I don't speak Scottish but have ten whiskys and enjoy the ride
The future's so bright I wanna wear shades

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hope none of your family are diabetics , as when the NHS is sold of it will probably cost them about £36,000 a year for Insulin

Oh how the working class of England will regret voting tory

doesnt matter anyway I will continue to fight for independence , then its all on you what happens down that place

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Dont talk #e

you ken fine well its whisky , you wind up merchant and its an English word

ya cheeky sassenach

It's so bright because you think the sun shines out Boris arse and your licking it

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

.....then Labour should never ever get in again

I wouldn't be too sure of that!

The North Will Rise Again!!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Dearly hope it does FB
Let's give the Tory majority some time to get results from the post Brexit period and see if something can be done for the north, I'm personally hopeful it can, when one visits places lice Liverpool Manchester etc they've come on leaps and bounds since the 1970's. Boty really nice locations these days, hopefully plenty more development to balance Britain more which is needed. It's all a bit cosmetic if decent paying jobs aren't around but who knows what Boris has planned, he can start by making all essential stuff like trains, ships etc prohibitively expensive to import and get local nthings going again. Moving Parliament to Birmingham wou;ld also improve things, maybe even rotate it between the north, midlands and SE so people don't feel so detatched from the laws

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No surprise

Much as I despise the Tories, the others left me no choice that wasn't worse.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Hope none of your family are diabetics , as when the NHS is sold of it will probably cost them about £36,000 a year for Insulin

Good Lord. You been reading those fantasy blogs again? People who believe the NHS is going to be sold off are very (er) gullible.

Anyway, took my wife to our local minor injuries clinic yesterday. In and out in an hour. Very efficient.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

awrite mate , I'll put 20 quid on it
if the NHS is unscathed after brexit US trade deals I''ll pay pal ye 20 bucks

if it gets cut up and sold off as I expect then you owe me 20 quid

or we can make some other sort of trade , I can paint you a nice painting or soemthing , I am very artistic

or the loser has to amend their signature for a full 4 years

edit on 13-12-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The problem with Labour is that it is Labour. Corbyn is no Blair, and unfortunately, Blair brought a stigma upon Labour with his betrayal of the British people. All that Labour could come up with was (huh) Corbyn, a man with an anachronistic ideology that belongs in late 1960s France. The problem with Corbyn is that he remains stuck in his student days, which places him utterly skewed against our modern times. His principles could never pay for Britain's bills, as the only thing that excites him is what he thinks is a non-English 'lost cause'. To be honest, one wonders if a Labour Party is actually relevant today? I think not. The party requires a new ideology, a new mindset to bring it in line with modern thinking. The party still trundles along at 'snail mail' pace, whilst everyone else is using electronic mail.

For the last three years Britain has been floundering, stumbling around like an argumentative drunkard, directionless and weighed down by political impedance and political selfishness. The electorates choice in this election hit a new low. Most candidates have no political statesmanship, no honour, and full of utter self-interest. For them, it was never a case for what they could do for the country, but what they could suck out of the country like a vampiric parasite. At least with the mandate now won, Britain has a chance to steady itself and begin to move towards a direction of stability and self-rule.

Stability and self-rule. The British people have only ever wanted that. They have only ever wanted their style of democracy to function, and in real terms. Without functional democracy, Britain falls. Any so-called democratic country does. Democracy, however, is only as strong as the consent and self-compromise of the people to abide by the result, no matter how it impacts you as an individual. Unfortunately, this is something the immigrant and foreign mind interjecting into Britain cannot accept, and has sought to destroy. Britain is what it is because of its style of democracy, and the age-old tradition of its people to abide by the result. Why? Simple, because it fits with the fair play spirit the British people have nurtured amongst themselves for centuries...and because it works, not just for the individual, but for Britain's society in general, and has done so for for centuries. You tamper with that spirit at your peril.

The British people want a level playing field across the spectrum of its society, but not so level that unmerited sections of society benefit without having earned the benefit. I don't mind anyone being rich and wealthy, as long as they have merited what they have. If people are poor, then they should have every opportunity to raise themselves out of that status through available excellent education and training and funding for such...our country needs it so badly, for the sake of its future. I will help anyone who actively seeks to help themselves better themselves, but those that don't, I will simply walk past and let them suffer in the suffering of their own making. The onus is on the individual to take responsibility for the quality of their life, not the rest of the country.

Now that the election is done and dusted, our country has an opportunity to get back on track, but equally, it can be an opportunity to be squandered by pandering to agenda irreconcilable to the British mindset. Immigration should be based on the principle that 'quality over quantity' works best for Britain, but above all, that self-determination and sovereignty allows the British to be British, and not some globalist unidentifiable culture.

posted on Dec, 14 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

All those years of Tory govts and yet the NHS has not been sold off? Maybe cos Labour just lies about all this crap?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

probably because the right deal never presented itself until now ?
or the right time to attempt to sell it off .
Maybe it was never the right time, I mean they could only get away with one asset
at a time , steel , coal first , and need to wait until that one heals before they take the health service

what was it , if you dont get the deal you want take your business elsewhere

edit on 16-12-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I think you are mostly correct but Labour has some thinking to do. For the last 40 years we have had Tory governments apart from the Blair years (not counting Browns brief spell after). Blair took the Labour party much more central.

This should be a sign to Labour that the majority of this country simply don't like Left wing politics.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

probably because the right deal never presented itself until now ?
or the right time to attempt to sell it off .
Maybe it was never the right time, I mean they could only get away with one asset
at a time , steel , coal first , and need to wait until that one heals before they take the health service

what was it , if you dont get the deal you want take your business elsewhere

Look. The Tories have not and will not "sell" the NHS. That was a lie. Which the electorate so plainly did not swallow.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

This should be a sign to Labour that the majority of this country simply don't like Left wing politics.

Sadly politicians of all political persuasions arrogantly believe that they know better than us and what is best for us.

Surely my friend the last three years has proved this beyond doubt?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So just because a few folk have said its a lie its not true
, when have you ever trusted a politician any of them to tell the truth
or the media ?

maybe the political climate has never been good enough to sell it , and get a away with it

like I said , you cant go around selling off "all" the UKs assets in one fowl swoop
as it would end the UK
but now in leaving the EU and entering into post brexit , the UK could sell it off if it liked as no one would #ing care enough to do anything at this point.

Pedo royals , corrupt politicians , tax thieves , and still nothing changes , so I think its going to happen

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Whats all this noise im hearing online about vote counting companies in the UK being owned by conservative MP's or at least being on the board etc

?

Anyone heard any of this conspiracy ?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Bloody hell. Labour lost fair and square.
Get over it.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Only thing I could find was a report from The Herald dated May 2016 about Peter Lilley's connections with a company involved with the electronic voting in some local Scottish elections.

All votes in UK general elections, referendums and certainly English local elections are manually counted and are organised, managed and overseen by respective local councils.
They also tend to be under intense scrutiny of candidates and their representatives.

It is of course possible that someone out there can shed more light on this than I can.....I'm hardly an expert.

I do remember trying to drunkenly gatecrash a local election count.
A mate of mine had told me that a few years previously he had been at a high profile by-election count as he had proposed Screaming Lord Sutch. He said all they did was drink all night.
Me and a couple of mates thought we might be able to sneak in and help ourselves to free booze.....we failed miserably.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Anyone heard any of this conspiracy ?

Scrabbling at straws.
edit on 17/12/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join