It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Explosion in Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

(CNN) An explosion rocked a plant in Texas early Wednesday, blowing out windows at nearby homes and sending plumes of orange flames into the sky.

The explosion was at the TPC plant that makes products for chemical and petroleum companies, CNN affiliate KFDM/KBTV reported.

Source (CNN)

Great, just what the atmosphere asked for

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

There was another huge explosion at the same plant earlier and a few minutes ago a Jefferson County judge ordered the evacuation of Port Neches, Groves, Nederland, Northern parts of Port Arthur, Central Gardens and Beauxart Gardens. My FB newsfeed is full of videos and pics cuz all my family is in SE Texas. My mama's house shook all the way in Pine Forest- about 45 min to an hour away from Port Neches where the plant is. The sky is completely black down there. Ugly business!

Evacuation is mandatory!

edit on 27-11-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
News just reported some injuries but all treated and released. Plume is being blown westerly from the plant. Local news is Channel 2 KPRC that I'm watching.
edit on 11/27/2019 by TXTriker because: add

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

There was another huge explosion at the same plant earlier and a few minutes ago a Jefferson County judge ordered the evacuation of Port Neches, Groves, Nederland, Northern parts of Port Arthur, Central Gardens and Beauxart Gardens. My FB newsfeed is full of videos and pics cuz all my family is in SE Texas. My mama's house shook all the way in Pine Forest- about 45 min to an hour away from Port Neches where the plant is. The sky is completely black down there. Ugly business!

Evacuation is mandatory!

OH my gosh are you alright? An hour away that's a huge distance.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

News just reported some injuries but all treated and released. Plume is being blown westerly from the plant. Local news is Channel 2 KPRC that I'm watching.

They ever get this fire under control?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Evacuation is mandatory!

OH my gosh are you alright? An hour away that's a huge distance.

I don't live there any more, just the rest of my family. They are all over that part of the state including some in the Port Arthur/ Port Neches area where the plant is located. I moved to Kentucky 5 1/2 years ago.

Fires and chemical explosions are always a hazard in that part of the state. Several years back I worked at the Mobil oil refinery in Beaumont and there were at least a couple of fires every week while I worked there. Working at any of them is dangerous but the plants and refineries are the backbone of the economy in SE Texas.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Alright I assume your family is all good and you have a great holiday.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

They ever get this fire under control?

I think I heard the news say this morning that it had been burning for 48 hours so I guess it is still going. Was occupied on the phone so only heard bits & pieces. News is moving on so it may be somewhat under control now. Link to local website www.click2houston.com. Had to search to see anything on it as it is not even on the front page anymore.
edit on 11/29/2019 by TXTriker because: more

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

That's what I thought by the look of it.
Wouldn't be going out any time soon.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

That's what I thought by the look of it.
Wouldn't be going out any time soon.

Thank you

Mid day news just said it is under control and the evacuation order has been lifted.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

All in all things turned pretty good this time around for
such a massive explosion. Very cool.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

All in all things turned pretty good this time around for
such a massive explosion. Very cool.

Sorry I forget to check the replies. It is virtually out of the news here now. There will be tons of lawsuits though - as usual.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No thank you appreciate the update!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join