It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When punk speaks truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Oldish song, but the words sing true to today

We've let the idiots take over

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Erm, punk always speaks truth...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Truth they spoke... three decades gives it past tense status.

The ditty isn't really punk ... it's more Blink-182esque power pop lite and ironically bland and more than a little fluoridated.

I guess that is fitting from the point of double reverse irony, but meh ... it's all too darned average and I'm betting the smarties are all in the off world colonies, squished into their tiny cubicles, wondering how they got snowed by the 1%ers and their corporations.

When it gets to be too sad, there are always the tomes in the classic section of the last bookstore two towns over... they make lovely kindling.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The ditty isn't really punk ... it's more Blink-182esque power pop lite and ironically bland and more than a little fluoridated.

nofx has been around quite awhile, sorry if their recent music makes you feel all pop-punky

its more about the lyrics of the song than the style, well at least that was the purpose of the OP

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Punk speakin' troof you say?

Gotta be the greatest teenage angst song of all time........ No?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27/11/2019 by TotoMesch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

That whole album was pretty darn good. Prolly the last one of theirs I still listen to.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sorry, I have no big problems with the lyrics... yeah, most humans are abysmally stupid, or at least made that way with slick brainwashing , which, to be fair, most dirty brained humans need a little of ... and especially lately, yes.

My "criticism" was more pointed to the music and arrangement which isn't punk in the purest sense I came of age with, but it does have "punk" influence.

Apologies for being a hyper critical old punk. Oi.

Here... a peace offering with a strange punky offshoot from decades ago with no relevant lyrics at all...

edit on 11/27/2019 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
NOFX? I just can't. Teeny bopper jokey punk should never have been a thing. I'll let The Dickies slide, but it ends there.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Operation Ivy.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As for honest punk in this century, it's about as rare as rare can be. These guys speak the truth (and aren't just pop with a distortion pedal).

edit on 28-11-2019 by Missletow because: clarity

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Almost everything The Clash sang about is at least as relevant today as it was back in '77 onwards.

There is an enormous amount of Punk that still strikes home....a pretty damning indictment on society really.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
NOFX? I just can't. Teeny bopper jokey punk should never have been a thing. I'll let The Dickies slide, but it ends there.

They were probably a band before you were born, so there is that

top topics

join