It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Dem now sees no 'value' in impeachment, as polls show falling support among independents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wait for the usual crew to come in here and tell us about how bad trump is and how many crimes he committed.

I think the main thing they dont realize is this.

WE DONT CARE, YOU KNOW WHY.

BECAUSE YOU DONT

If you cared when your side did bad things, maybe we would. Although on Trump I still dont think even if there were a quid pro quo it wasnt impeachable, I truly feel what he asked for is in America's interest esp since 7 billion dollars has gone missing.

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Well it appears saner minds may now be taking over?

www.foxnews.com...

Michigan Democratic Rep. Brenda Lawrence, a prominent supporter of Kamala Harris who has previously supported the impeachment inquiry into President Trump, abruptly announced Sunday that she no longer saw any "value" in the process and called for her fellow Democrats to throw their support behind a symbolic censure resolution.

No "value" in the process?
now?
wow?
What was the whole last month for then?

Lawrence's about-face came as polls have shown that independents are souring on the idea of impeaching and removing Trump from office, including in critical battleground states like Wisconsin, even as House Democrats aggressively presented their focus-group-tested "bribery" case against the president over the past two weeks.

Ahhh
The old indicator of the prevailing winds.......
Still drives some it seems.

"We are so close to an election," Lawrence said Sunday on a Michigan radio program, noting that Trump stands little chance of being convicted by the GOP-controlled Senate. "I will tell you, sitting here knowing how divided this country is, I don't see the value of taking him out of office. But I do see the value of putting down a marker saying his behavior is not acceptable. It's in violation of the oath of office of a president of the United States, and we have to be clear that you cannot use your power of the presidency to withhold funds to get a foreign country to investigate an American citizen for your own personal gain. There's no way around that."

Lawrence continued: "I want him censured. I want it on the record that the House of Representatives did their job and they told this president and any president coming behind him that this is unacceptable behavior and, under our Constitution, we will not allow it. ... I am a Democrat, but I am an independent United States of America citizen."

Censured.
Mkay.
A party line vote for such would accomplish what exactly?
Remind us how much some of the house dems hate the potus?

ok
if you say so

it appears to me the farce is almost at an end
and not soon enough

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ganjoa

The House will censure Trump, pass along party lines, and CNN and the media will talk as if Trump was found guilty.

Highly likely
- before I found out Nadler is next up to start proceedings in Judiciary.
Now it looks like we're going to have to evaluate the new "evidence" before guessing potential outcome.
I had thought it was over at this point, but I guess more time needs to be filled before some future event.
If they get the nod from polls, an impeachment vote will be made, otherwise you're prognostication seems likely.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Voters who don't suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome are unlikely to support his impeachment. There are two reasons for people to take this stance.

Firstly, put yourself in the shoes of a swing voter: They are raising kids and managing their careers. Nor do they have the time to read the entire Mueller Report. After the media reported the finding of "No collusion" among the Trump admin and Russia there is no reason for anyone to care about anti- Trump conspiracies anymore.

Secondly, if Trump's opponents are intellectually honest in their approach to impeaching Trump, they would admit their is no case for impeachment based on the alleged Ukraine scandal. In effect Trump's detractors put the impeachment horse before the cart. They are desperately searching for constitutional and legal reasons to impeach Trump, after the impeachment hearings are underway.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join