It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Joe Biden wasn't running for President in 2020....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Democrats are all up in arms because they believe President Trump asked for the investigation of a political rival. What if President Trump asked for an investigation of possible corruption by someone who happens to be a political rival?

So here's my main question to Democrats - If Joe Biden wasn't running for President in 2020, would you support an investigation into his and his son's dealings (and the U.S. State Department) in Ukraine?

Here's my second question to Democrats - If Joe Biden wasn't running for President in 2020, do you think that Congress would call for an investigation at all?

I believe that the only reason Joe Biden's running for President now is because, if he weren't, then he and the Democrat Party couldn't say that Trump's inquiry in Biden's dealings in Ukraine is politically motivated. He would be in a MUCH weaker position legally.

For all of the people who are backing Trump's Impeachment, do you really believe nothing illegal happened in Ukraine?

edit on 25/11/2019 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Inversely the question could be asked would Trump have asked them to investigate him if he wasn't running for president? I the the answer would be no.

I don't think Trump should or will be removed, but I don't pity him for all the dust this has kicked up.

Is Biden dirty in this? I'd say probably. But the DOJ has and is sitting on their hands when it comes to money in politics and nepotism. They need to get their house in order... This business of only getting looked into for campaign OP research is BS. Biden isn't the only one and we all know it.
edit on 25-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Inversely the question could be asked would Trump have asked them to investigate him if he wasn't running for president? I the the answer would be no.

I don't think Trump should or will be removed, but I don't pity him for all the dust this has kicked up.

Is Biden dirty in this? I'd say probably. But the DOJ has and is sitting on their hands when it comes to money in politics and nepotism. They need to get their house in order... This business of only getting looked into for campaign OP research is BS. Biden isn't the only one and we all know it.

I think that if the Democrats hadn't pushed the whole Russia collusion thing from the beginning of Trump's term, none of this would have come out. But, when they did that, they opened the can of worms. Investigate the investigators has lead straight to Ukraine.

Ukrainian Politician Potential 'Conduit' for Information

Leshchenko, who has denied being a witting source for Fusion GPS, is best known for his role in publicizing the “black ledger,” which purported to show illicit payments from Ukrainians to Paul Manafort.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I dont think trump actually wanted an investigation into Biden, He just wanted an announcement of one.

What if President Trump asked for an investigation of possible corruption by someone who happens to be a political rival?

He did.

Sure, investigate anybody they want too.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Maybe Biden knew that this was coming and then threw his hat in the ring so he could claim that it is political.
They had to know that the Russian mess would lead back to Ukraine and of course Biden especially after his bragging about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired.
When the jussie smollett case comes back and links Harris and Booker are we not supposed to investigate them either?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
At least it appears there's a crime to investigate with the Bidens, unlike the 3 years of investigations into Trump we've had to listen through.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If you do some digging, you will see that in May 2017, Trump called for an investigation....over 600 days before Biden threw his hat in the ring.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Maybe Biden knew that this was coming and then threw his hat in the ring so he could claim that it is political.
They had to know that the Russian mess would lead back to Ukraine and of course Biden especially after his bragging about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired.
When the jussie smollett case comes back and links Harris and Booker are we not supposed to investigate them either?

Ding, ding, ding... winner, mostly.

I think he heard about it from his sources in Ukraine. The Dems didn't think far enough ahead to know the Russia nonsense would end up in Ukraine. They got lucky on intel. Biden announced for 2020 a while after sources have reported the investigation was being pursued in Ukraine.

They are accustomed to so much power they feel omnipotent and the web is so wide they also thought they were omniscient. They're been reacting now without much thought. Just trying to stick and move enough for a miracle in 2020 so this can all go away.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Biden and Hunter are not the thing. Even nepotism is not the thing. It's dumb voters. You can show them why nepotism is wrong and why recycling garbage is a waste of time and they will never comprehend it. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it. If the supply gets low they import more dummies.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

That's a fair point. So unless there had been chatter in the DC circuit, that may not have been the motivation.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That's a fair point. So unless there had been chatter in the DC circuit, that may not have been the motivation.

It has been stated before, but I think he threw his hat in bc he knew it was coming.

Also, Pelosi and Kerry have kids in the Ukraine on oil company boards also. The Peach Mint has everything to do with protecting their families, and of course, orange man bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If trump had gotten President Z. To announce an investigation it would help HIS campaign. Even if Biden wasn't running for office he could still point to it and say look I'm going after the Obama administration and the Clinton's. MAGA folk would eat that shjt up with a spoon.

To answer your question about anything illegal. No I do not believe any law was broken. Does it suck that rich and famous people's kids get stuff for nothing? Ya damn right. Is it illegal? Unfortunately no.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Definitely yes, he would gain anyways. The question is would he have asked to investigate a Republican, probably not.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Auth3nt1k

Should it be investigated when it has an appearance as rotten as this does? Yes. That doesn't mean Biden did anything illegal, it should be looked at though.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I wouldn't doubt it. A lot of kids from political families are going to have affluent jobs, some of which will be abroad.

Part of sharing the last name with politicians means you have access to people in good circles. And it's common knowledge that it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Personally, I don't really care about fairness debates, life will never be fair. But in relation to politics, the only line being crossed I think is a big no no is can it be proven there was policy change for self enrichment, or that of family or friends. Personally, I'd like that extended to nepotism as well... You shouldn't just be able to throw your spawn into positions of policy impact for the nation. No, get those that are best qualified.

From everything I stated above, I'd be willing to wager Biden and his son got some skeletons in the closet. But the whole matter is nuanced to me. Is Trump being altruistic or political? Does he hold himself and his family to the same standards he expects of opponents?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Biden had to run
There is no other "old school , old boy" Democrat out there.
DNC forced.

Biden - 32%
Sanders - 20%
The DNC keeps the others in just to where the folks can have a good chuckle.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Biden had to run
DNC forced.

IDK, their formula with Obama worked.

Find someone no one has heard of, let him promise them hope, change, and the moon... Then keep the status quo alive.

I'm perplexed myself on Biden. Is he going rogue? Even his meme bro Barry won't endorse him... And I haven't heard any Democrat excited about him running, merely they're "OK" with it, because he's not orange.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Biden had to run
DNC forced.

Find someone no one has heard of, let him promise them hope, change, and the moon... Then keep the status quo alive.

I'm perplexed myself on Biden. Is he going rogue? Even his meme bro Barry won't endorse him... And I haven't heard any Democrat excited about him running, merely they're "OK" with it, because he's not orange.

Only they failed with Barry in the end .
It caused the Great Trump Election , dont ya know.

As I stated , Biden is "Old School" Democrat (at least as close as they could get) .

edit on 11/25/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Biden had to run
DNC forced.

Only they failed with Barry in the end .
It caused the Great Trump Election , dont ya know.

The only difference in my mind between Trump and Obama is I never voted for Obama.

I think Trump is the Obama of the right. Someone "different" who promised the world. I knew Trump was a gamble, but Hillary wasn't... I knew exactly what we'd get out of her.

Trump isn't horrible, but I think like Obama, he promised more than he plans on delivering. He's a mixed bag for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Definitely yes, he would gain anyways. The question is would he have asked to investigate a Republican, probably not.

Props for honesty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join