It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birmingham England Crisis,Arrests over cinema 'machete' brawl.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

and thats just football casuals

if you look at knife gangs in glasgow since the 1950's right up until 1980

then it switched to young teams

go on you tube and look up young teams or whatever google image search , all white kids
fae the schemes wearing trackies and hoodies , holding samurai swords, hammers, chibs , any kind of blade , bats wae nails
buckfast in hand.

#s being #s, isnt brown specific

glasgow young teams
there are 121 young teams listed on that page on wiki and thats just in glasgow wee guys cutting aboot
wae knives

that doesnt count the actual organised crime families and gangs that operate in glasgow
thats just wee guys from different housing schemes who normally fight each other because "scotland "

edit on 26-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh absolutely Glasgow had / has (?) the worst overall problem. I just meant Scousers in relation to the footie casuals. The problem with carrying a knife is that if you pull it, you then have to use it.......or face having it used on you.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't know what you are insinuating there Sapien - Glasgow in the 50's and 60's was almost entirely Asian / African. Otherwise it would mean that the premise of this OP is nonsense.........

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

not always , you can decide just to run !
everyone has a choice

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Canny argue with any of that.

All i would say is, its a tad oversimplified.

Then again like you say, if you are going to be silly enough to carry a knife, it's not that hard to understand what happens next.

Accept it is for a significant number of kids and young adults that choose to learn the hard way.

6 months to a year in the gaol should also be a consideration.

Not quite the deterrent its cracked up to be all the same.

Knives are the least of this nation's problems right now, no matter what media and authorities claim imho.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

hahaha no it wasnt
dont talk #e

so Asians and Africans just miraculously migrated to glasgow replacing the entire indigenous population of white scots?

I mean if that were the case then the 2011 census figures would show that overwhelming majority of Asians and Africans right ?

Glasgow 2011 ethnicity census

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Its fight or flight when something like that happens, that's human nature, but sometimes flight is not an option.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

yeh I know , but that requires training , in order to over come that you need to be super aware and present.

Very difficult to do , to overcome your biological programming.
Hence the number of people we have in jail for things like assault

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Imagine training would probably help, but just mere circumstance and sods law prevail also, bad luck, wrong time, wrong place, my point is sometimes there is not anywhere to run.

Hit them before they hit you, or have time, or are in the process of trying to produce their knife, is my moto if you cannot run.......and then run.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

That cant be right mate. You are suggesting we have had issues with knife / machete crime for a long time...............but the OP says it is a newer thing, suggesting Lee Rigby's killers had introduced it to our shores?

Now both of those statements can't be right can they?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

hahah aye , it surely cannae be right !

It completely proves we have had a problem with knife crime

to think that another group of people from foreign lands were introducing knife violence to a land steeped in bloody violent history is pretty laughable.

and you can apply that to any nation on earth

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: oldcarpy

This is the third time in several different threads posts that you have attempted to debunk, discredit and trash what other living and breathing people have written in the public domain. All I am doing is reporting out on it. You blew off the newspaper articles about California and used selective memory and now you discredit what Londoners are writing about London. Yes I have been to England and London. I also have relatives who live in London who don't share your view and do feel that London has been "lost".

Says the poster who just tried to debunk discredit and trash my and other posters views.

You have a clear agenda whereas i dont.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
E

a reply to: oldcarpy

Just stating the facts unlike yourself.

I lived and worked in London for many years and often visit and have many Londoner friends and relatives.

What "facts" of mine do you disagree with?

Do try to reply without your customary personal comments please.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Great deflection, yup you’re important issues are just great in Britain, all is well carry on...a reply to: NinjaCougar

If you want to turn a gang fight into an existential crisis, how do you manage to ignore the gang issues in your own yard?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I also have relatives who live in London who don't share your view and do feel that London has been "lost".

London born and bred here, with over twenty years experience working with the kind of youths who had the fight in Birmingham.

The only people I know who think London is "lost" moved out. The people who still live here think the idea is nonsense.

But what do I know?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The good thing about threads like this is we get to identify who the racist ignorant twats are, so congratulations to those of you who excelled there.

On topic frigging kids should learn to keep their brawls away from the general public, that would have been pretty scary for families attending the cinemas when that broke out.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Lol. Just kids being kids....were these citizens? For people being hosted?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

They would still be kids, citizens or otherwise.

Nothing by silly wee neds that need a 6-month short hard shock in a YO.

What do you mean "For people being hosted"?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I lived and worked in London for many years and often visit and have many Londoner friends and relatives.

I just got back from London. I was beat up four times by Chavs, three times by migrants, twice by soccer hooligans and once by the Queen and her corgi.

I was expecting it to be worse based on this thread so I kind of felt it was a worthwhile vacation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join