It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birmingham England Crisis,Arrests over cinema 'machete' brawl.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Kids...

When I was a kid the "turf wars" involved weapons too, me and my mate got jumped with pipes and planks before... A kid got a 2x4 lodged onto his back because it had nails attached to it.

But mostly the weapons were for show, hell not a lot of actual fighting went down either it was more just kids chasing kids around like absolute idiots.

All fun and games till someone gets splattered by a lorry or something.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NinjaCougar
1) This incident happened in Birmingham and has absolutely nothing to do with London. These are 2 different cities and 125 miles apart.

2) This incident has absolutely nothing to do with Immigration or immigrants and in no way should be described as such.

3) The Ethnic backgrounds of those involved are NOT being hidden.

4) After these 3 blatant inaccuracies in your OP it should also be made clear that the "children being attacked" as stated by the OP actually should be "teenager's fight with other teenager's".

5) Tasers were drawn by some officers in attendance but non were discharged during the incident.

6) A small number of teenagers were arrested for Public Order Offences.

7) Without condoning any form of violence or disturbance it should also be stated that this was not an attack on innocent civilians but rather 2 groups of teenagers fighting each other.

Yes this would have been a distressing incident for members of the public to be around on a Saturday evening at the cinema but please do not sensationalise events beyond what they are. It does no favour to yourself, this sites reputation or the truth.

Number 1. OP has already addressed this as a typo, seems you didn't really read many responses but huffed and puffed and answered without gathering more data.

Number 2. The 'youth' on all images I could find were [totally expected] of 'asian' [read Pakistani] background. You can tell clearly and it is totally expected in Birmingham. You probably men that because they may be second or third generation that they are not immigrants and you may have very small point, yet they are clearly not of European stock and have a completely different culture which is directly incompatible with ours. Plus 100 years ago they weren't here, so yeah in my opinion they are still immigrants unless they start liking our country and not constantly work against it.

This kind of gang violence has NEVER existed to such an extent before. Yeah, we had crime and yes ONCE there was a big youth fight in Brighton between Rockers and Mods, it was so unique, films were made of that ONE incident.
But this is not a one off incident, maybe the largest one so far but in our Cities these gangs are fighting day in day out, stabbings often fatal are all due to gang warfare.

Number 7. It wasn't 'teenagers fighting' ..it was 100s of young males attacking each other with deadly weapons because of a very real gang war. I mean really teens fighting???? Bless, I've seen teens fighting, it was nothing like this. Nice way to play this down for your own misguided agenda.

Because if someone would call it as it really is, something would have to be done about Asian gangs and we can't have that can we, it would be racissssssssssssss....waaaah, sod the people who don't want to live in a world like this, protect the aggressors right?

People like you might as well join them. Jesus F Christ.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You haven't the foggiest, come up north and I'll take you on a tour of streets where similar things are happening, you'll enjoy it because about 98% of us are white.

Well, you'll like it till you don't.

Btw stabbings and gangs has a lot more to do with drugs, social media and pride. Come up north and I'll show you. You'll love it, we're all white dude.

I'm being genuine here.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Not quite sure of your Intention with the reply you made.

a reply to: WUNK22

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A clash of gangsta wannabe idiots from different gangs who all turned up to watch a film about gangsta wannabe idiots from london is what happened.
To the gang members,this is normal day to day behaviour,this only made the news because it happened in a place where there were also lots of non gang members who were scared and called the cops.

Well done cops I say-people who think its OK to start waving machetes around in a cinema deserve more than having a taser pointed at IMO.

The really sad thing about this is there were loads of tiny little girls queing up to watch Frozen 2 who were all terrified and will probably remember this for years.
Yes Frozen is disney garbage,but little kids love it,and should not have been exposed to weapon waving degenerate idiots while they were waiting to see their special film.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your words. Yes the OP has now addressed the first point and made a correction which is to the OPs credit. I'm not sure of your point regarding me questioning this "typo" while also questioning my "data gathering" as clearly it needed to be corrected. I did not "huff & puff" an answer without finding Information as I have all the knowledge regarding the disturbance due to the fact a family member was in the Star City Complex at the time with her children.

I would encourage you to review your 2nd point and understand how detrimental your words come across regarding immigration and naturalisation.

Regarding your claim on gang violence not existing in this country other that the ONE incident between Mods & Rockers which became the backdrop for the movie Quadrophenia. It would be prudent to read your British social history as the Brighton Mods & Rockers battle was just one of many such incidents played out across the Southern Costal towns like Eastbourne, Bournemouth, Worthing etc. Not to mention accross Inner City areas of our major cities at the time and in the intervening years, right up to today when they still occur.

As for the participants on Saturday... My sister, an eye witness to the actual event said, "most of them looked about 15 years old". It is true few of them displayed weapons but the vast majority of those involved did not and the numbers involved simply was not hundreds of people and there were participants of multiple races. My sister saw a Police Officer receive a punch to the head which caused bleeding to his nose but this was very swiftly and effectively dealt with by the officers.

I'm really not comfortable with your use of the words "People like you might as well join them" especially when coupled with the undertones of your earlier words.

I have no agenda other than the truth as should be the case with all of us. Have a good day.

a reply to: Hecate666

edit on 25 11 19 by NinjaCougar because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

No you are not and I have been to Birmingham regularly. I trust my eyes quite well. Maybe you are living in a middleclass enclave somewhere, good for you. We have also been in contact with a guy who desperately wanted to give us a guided tour through the worst areas to show us how brilliant it is. We declined as we had been there without a tour and saw things that he would have obviously avoided. We also have family in London, so don't talk to me about this crap, I can tell you stories that would make you apologise to me. Heck even in our quiet village things have gone worse since they have shipped certain folk from London up here to enrich us. Crime has shot up like mad, 'youths' hanging out and being up to no good.
I am no fool mate.

Get real.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

knife gangs and gangs of violent teenagers are pretty run of the mill for working class britain

read up on the knife gangs of Glasgow

that was a common occurrence every weekend in some parts of Glasgow

I personally remember witnessing a large street brawl between to opposing street ganges on sauchiehall street
where large groups of teens suddenly met head to head in the street at 3 am with knifes, clubs, bats, chains
and it lasted for like 25 minutes then the polis showed up and they all bolted
apart from the casulaties

had nothing to do with immigrants

and personally I have been in a gang of youths when i was like 13 - 15
we live in the auld toon in Grangemouth , next to skin flats , and the new town of grangemouth
we used to organise meet ups to fight with weapons

its just teenagers being territorial

edit on 25-11-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

True, there is a very long and complex history of gangs and gang related violence in the UK.
At times it could be very brutal and violent.

The difference is now that many of these 'postcode gangs' in urban areas are heavily influenced by the 'Bloods and Crips' US style gangs.
And without a shadow of doubt many members of these gangs are recent immigrants and children of recent immigrants and they have brought with them their own existing differences and have a completely different outlook on violence.

Previously most stabbings were to scar or hurt.....very few people were killed by stabbings.
There has been a significant change in attitudes with a distinctively more feral and even murderous attitude to these attacks.

People may not want to publicly admit this for the fear of being demonised and being politically incorrect but that certainly doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Not quite sure of your Intention with the reply you made.

a reply to: WUNK22

My reply to Wunk was censored...

I spoke the truth in my only opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

yeh thats true , there will likely be some immigrants who form gangs of course.

but then when they all mix together how is one meant to diffrentiate from a pure "immigrant " problem
to just , run of the mill UK chaos

in any case , the fact these gangs already exist in the UK proves that its not a "immigration" problem
its one of our own failures, by not providing things for teens to do , or not funding their youth programs
or schools failing them , or society in general

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

There has been an undeniable rise in stabbings and an alarming rise in death by stabbing and other gang related violence.
It's impossible to deny this.
And the majority of these instances are in urban areas.
And whether people wish to acknowledge it or not it is equally undeniable that a high percentage of these killings are black on black or Asian v Black.

It isn't racist to recognise and acknowledge this.

Now the reasons why this is happening are many, varied and very, very complex and without a doubt some of those factors are the failure to invest in these areas, lack of funding from both central and local government, failure to stimulate and enable people and the resultant feeling of abandonment and alienation.

There are obviously many contributory social reasons.

But there are many, many other contributory factors and unless we are completely open and honest about the causations we will never begin to find solutions.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This will probably turn ut to be an episode paid for by the Film Distributors / Promoters to jazz up the film a bit. Have a few crazies running around with swords acting as gangsters. A friend of mine he 6 foot 4 got a job dressed up as a Star wars stormtroper £300 a day (had to pay for his own outfit though) to do the same outside a film threate in London.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A huge contribution to all these feral gangs roaming the streets of the UK stems from teenage pregnancy.
We had/have vast numbers of 'children' having children, away from any adult input and raising them as their mates .
These parents lack the maturity and control to raise a child and most never really attain it even as they enter adulthood themselves.
edit on 25-11-2019 by Tagz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I think we have a miscommunication. I didn't see the content of your reply before it was moderated. It is this I referred to in my reply to WUNK22, "Great deflection, yup you’re important issues are just great in Britain, all is well carry on...a reply to: NinjaCougar

Sorry for any confusion.

a reply to: Lagomorphe

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

1) This incident happened in Birmingham and has absolutely nothing to do with London. These are 2 different cities and 125 miles apart.

2) This incident has absolutely nothing to do with Immigration or immigrants and in no way should be described as such.

3) The Ethnic backgrounds of those involved are NOT being hidden.

4) After these 3 blatant inaccuracies in your OP it should also be made clear that the "children being attacked" as stated by the OP actually should be "teenager's fight with other teenager's".

5) Tasers were drawn by some officers in attendance but non were discharged during the incident.

6) A small number of teenagers were arrested for Public Order Offences.

7) Without condoning any form of violence or disturbance it should also be stated that this was not an attack on innocent civilians but rather 2 groups of teenagers fighting each other.

Yes this would have been a distressing incident for members of the public to be around on a Saturday evening at the cinema but please do not sensationalise events beyond what they are. It does no favour to yourself, this sites reputation or the truth.

Number 1. OP has already addressed this as a typo, seems you didn't really read many responses but huffed and puffed and answered without gathering more data.

Number 2. The 'youth' on all images I could find were [totally expected] of 'asian' [read Pakistani] background. You can tell clearly and it is totally expected in Birmingham. You probably men that because they may be second or third generation that they are not immigrants and you may have very small point, yet they are clearly not of European stock and have a completely different culture which is directly incompatible with ours. Plus 100 years ago they weren't here, so yeah in my opinion they are still immigrants unless they start liking our country and not constantly work against it.

This kind of gang violence has NEVER existed to such an extent before. Yeah, we had crime and yes ONCE there was a big youth fight in Brighton between Rockers and Mods, it was so unique, films were made of that ONE incident.
But this is not a one off incident, maybe the largest one so far but in our Cities these gangs are fighting day in day out, stabbings often fatal are all due to gang warfare.

Number 7. It wasn't 'teenagers fighting' ..it was 100s of young males attacking each other with deadly weapons because of a very real gang war. I mean really teens fighting???? Bless, I've seen teens fighting, it was nothing like this. Nice way to play this down for your own misguided agenda.

Because if someone would call it as it really is, something would have to be done about Asian gangs and we can't have that can we, it would be racissssssssssssss....waaaah, sod the people who don't want to live in a world like this, protect the aggressors right?

People like you might as well join them. Jesus F Christ.

I like straight talk.
A thumbs up for every point you made.
for the last line also.

edit on 25-11-2019 by maya27 because: All thumbs

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Frozen 2 ffs???

Who the hell takes a machete to the cinema???

Twats.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think the world is about ready for another Crusade.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The attack has raised speculation on immigration and migrants being responsible for the attack that happened.

Like any major city Birmingham has a problem with gangs , the Star City cinema complex was showing a gang related film so obviously it's going to attract people who are themselves in gangs , that's where the trouble started.

As far as I'm aware this has nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with kids thinking they are gangsters.
edit on 25-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

had nothing to do with immigrants

You would be wrong and just judging from what i had found it seems many of those teenagers are from the middle east that is why their ethnic background is kept hidden.
If this were done by a white group of gang teenagers i can reassure you the media would naming the suspects all over.

Even Germany had announced a month ago or so that they would be no longer releasing the names if the suspects is found to be a immigrant or comes with a migrant ethnic background.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join