It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deontay Wilder wins rematch versus Luis Ortiz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Pretty slow, dull fight with Ortiz winning most/all of the rounds. Then with less than 10 seconds left in the 7th round...BOOM Wilder knocks him down. Ortiz did not beat the count. Fight over.

Link

I do not like Wilder but he landed one hell of a punch to end this fight.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Pretty slow, dull fight with Ortiz winning most/all of the rounds. Then with less than 10 seconds left in the 7th round...BOOM Wilder knocks him down. Ortiz did not beat the count. Fight over.

Link

Agreed, but a one trick pony only has a short shelf life.
Fury or Ruiz could beat Wilder imo, and maybe even AJ if he sorted himself out (unlikely though).
Wilder is kinda growing on me, but I prefer boxers who can box well to one punch artistes.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Wilder is the baddest man on the planet, and king of the heavyweights right now.

I'm really hoping he fights the winner of Ruiz v Joshua, instead of the Fury rematch.

Unify, then let Fury have a go.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I don't consider him a one trick pony..
Sure, he's not the best technical boxer, but he has shown he can last, and succeed against guys who are levels beyond his skill.

Good chin, HUGE heart.. and the best trump card a boxer can have.. one shot KO power, even deep into a 12 round fight.

Also, you have to keep in mind, he is usually at least 20 pounds lighter than the guy hes going up against.
I think he was 30 pounds lighter than Fury when they fought.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: Blueracer

Link

Agreed, but a one trick pony only has a short shelf life.
Fury or Ruiz could beat Wilder imo, and maybe even AJ if he sorted himself out (unlikely though).
Wilder is kinda growing on me, but I prefer boxers who can box well to one punch artistes.

Wilder's jab is one of the best around - I saw a stat that says he lands a higher percentage than nearly all heavyweights.
It also takes increduible skill, speed and timing to land his right hands the way he does.

His footwork is not great, but then neither is AJ's and we now know that AJ has a suspect chin.
I think Wilder would despatch Ruiz in the same way he did Ortiz.

Fury is another matter - probably the only boxer who can stay away from a fully landed Wilder right hand...but he'll have to run for 12 rounds.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah maybe 1 trick pony was a little harsh.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I saw the knock down in the highlights , it was a good shot but hopefully Tyson Fury will put him down in the upcoming rematch , let's face it Fury won the first fight and it'll take more than one punch to take down Fury.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I saw the knock down in the highlights , it was a good shot but hopefully Tyson Fury will put him down in the upcoming rematch , let's face it Fury won the first fight and it'll take more than one punch to take down Fury.

Fury definitely won and easily too.
However, even though Wilder floored him twice, he didn't catch him flush with the right.
The Wilder / Fury fight is simple to predict the tactics. Wilder will be looking for the one punch knockout, Fury will be running and avoiding hoping to win on points.

edit on 25/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Wilder will have to learn to throw that big right to the chest, if he plans on beating Fury.

He would KO Joshua easy

Ruiz, on the other hand, has the balls to get close and can throw some punches on the inside, that seem reckless, but are real, hard shots. Ones that he's had to perfect, fighting taller guys most of his career.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If Wilder us that good then why is he ducking Dillian Whyte!?

Wilder is fighting people he knows he can beat.
He is a plastic "champ" and more concerned about trying to keep his record in tack rather than fight anyone worthy.
He only took the Fury fight because Fury made hard work of the fight he had in Belfast the night the Wilder fight was confirmed.

Both AJ and Ruiz would beat him, i would even give Chisora a good shout at beating Wilder.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Fury spanked Wilder in their fight. Wilder was extremely lucky for it to be scored a draw. So Wilder isn't the "baddest man on the planet".

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

He never ducked Whyte
He took fights for more money, then Whyte got popped for PED's

He is not a plastic champ.
He took the belt away from Stiverne, and has defended it 10 times.
He is the most active HW champ has KO'd all his competition, besides Fury.
He would take out AJ easy, and Whyte almost as easy.
Chisora wouldn't have a chance.

I'm guessing your from G.B or England?

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Who is then?
Fury?
He may be the better boxer, but he is far from the baddest man.
Wilder claimed it, and nobody can take it from him, until they knock him out

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Wilder will have to learn to throw that big right to the chest, if he plans on beating Fury.

He would KO Joshua easy

Ruiz, on the other hand, has the balls to get close and can throw some punches on the inside, that seem reckless, but are real, hard shots. Ones that he's had to perfect, fighting taller guys most of his career.

Agree.
AJ doesn't have a defence, so I would expect him to be knocked out by Wilder in 1 round.
Got some crazies on here saying Whyte and Chisora would beat Wilder. Don't know what they are smoking.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Even if he collects all the belts and beats all the top competitors, people will still hate on him.

He has a chance to go down as one of the most underappreciated prize fighters of all time.
At least of this era.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Just a few:

Tyson Fury
Andy Ruiz JR
Daniel Dubois
Artur Beterbiev
Naoya Inoue
Manny Pacquiao

There is more to boxing than just heavyweights.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Obviously, there's more to boxing than just heavyweights, but the term "Baddest Man on the Planet" has been reserved for HW's

There is a serious intimidation factor, that Wilder has, that the other current crop of HW's dont have, save for maybe Efe Ajagba, but he is still a prospect.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I think they coined the phrase "Baddest Man on the Planet" for Mile Tyson. I hadn't heard it used before or since in boxing. So someone using that phrase for Wilder doesn't impress me. Wilder is not particularly skilled. He just hits hard.

top topics

join