It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Changes Direction While Flying past ISS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: JimOberg
There will always be new 'bizarre' dots, documenting new solutions is an endless and unrewarding task.

Yeah. I thought of going through the video frame by frame and compose the motion path. But then I felt like why bother in the first place. I find it not that interesting personally and believers will keep believing whatever they want anyway.

Then why bother to comment at all? Why care about UFO’s if you’re going to decide what they are before investigating it?

I understand being a skeptic, but it’s intellectually dishonest to make up your mind right off the bat without even giving it a chance. You may be right, it may just be ice being moved around by several different thrusters on the outside of the ISS. Or, it may not be.

I’ve seen enough weird things flying in the air to know that similar objects exist. So until anyone proves one way or the other my mind isn’t made up. I’ve noticed a lot of prominent skeptics shy away from videos and UFO events that can’t be explained. Maybe from fear of speculating, maybe something else. The thing is, none of us will ever get close to an answer while the ones with the most knowledge about this subject refuse to suspend their disbelief for even a brief moment.

Just because there isn’t enough information to come to a hard conclusion doesn’t mean cases like this shouldn’t be investigated.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: JimOberg

Thanks for chiming in. I haven’t had a chance to read through your link yet, but what could cause something like that to change direction twice?

Does the ISS have thrusters that could cause that type of thing?

ISS itself doesn't have thrusters but the visiting vehicles all do. Here's some not unusual behavior of these small particles, entrained by thruster plumes or other vehicle gas releases [airlock, waste water dump, sublimator spray, coolant leak, and more], affected by the slight but still measurable air drag [when out of the vehicle’s slipstream], separation induced by gravity gradient impacting motion of objects with even very small altitude differences, and even possibly pushed by micro-jetting from sun-side sublimation, can be seen in this video of a routine waste water dump [excess water from the fuel cells, mostly] . [Debris with curved trajectories] youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Then why bother to comment at all? Why care about UFO’s if you’re going to decide what they are before investigating it?

You've it backwards. Regarding the NASA videos, it's the UFO proponents who omit genuine investigation, which requires a minimum of subject matter familiarity rather than wild guessing. When somebody with technical competence in the subject investigates, the appearance and motion turn out to be 'unearthly' to be sure, but normal for outer space operations. Here's an example from 1970: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I understand being a skeptic, but it’s intellectually dishonest to make up your mind right off the bat without even giving it a chance.

This is a speck outside of the shuttle. With multiple specks having been seen and thoroughly explained in the past, nobody owes anyone a "chance" regarding such things.

If you give EVERY claim a chance, you won't have time even to scratch your a$$.

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That whiteout light source in the upper part of the windows is strange. Earth?? Lit up dome cap? The solar panels and the edge of that white seems to move like a vibration as the door opens fully and stops. If it is a protector dome covering on top, why would you have a observation window blocked half way like that blasting you in the face with bright light? Weird!!! It's like done on purpose to block and drown out the background viewing.

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

originally posted by: sean
That whiteout light source in the upper part of the windows is strange. Earth??

The white area at the top of the screen out the window is Earth. It is bright white because it is overexposed. The brightness of the Earth usually requires a camera exposure settings to be lower and the aperture size to be smaller than when filming normal lighting situations.

In this case though, the subject of the video was the astronaut, and was being recorded with normal exposure settings -- not the lower ones required to clearly film the bright Earth.

why would you have a observation window blocked half way like that blasting you in the face with bright light?

The astronauts themselves are not getting "blasted in the face" by the bright Earth the same way it looks in the video. The overexposed whiteness of Earth is a video/photography thing. The pupils in the astronauts' eyes would adjust to it when looking out the window, and they would be able to see the Earth more clearly and NOT as an overexposed white blob.

The solar panels and the edge of that white seems to move like a vibration as the door opens fully and stops.

I'm not sure I see the vibration you are talking about. The only apparent motion I can see on the solar panels and the brightly-lit Earth are from the movement of the camera (and I say "apparent motion" because they aren't really moving, just the camera).

edit on 2019/12/2 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join