It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok Nerds...Who or What is Baby Yoda. Mandalorian endgame

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah we never get a species name i think we have two named ones Yoda obviously and Yaddle which for some reason( and i may be wrong) they didnt seem to like each other

yoda tells luke hes trained jedi for over 800 years (and he was 900 when he died) so we have at least another 50 years before adorable baby yoda gets to full ish power , so it would take him a while to be able to fully help the mando people and as the mandalorian takes place 15 years after return of the jedi he seems he would be mostly fully mature by the new trilogy time line or at least close but the general (hopefull) theory on the mandalorian sub reddit is that he will end up being the Mandalorians sigil as pedro pascalls character is what they call a "foundling" which is basically an orphan which would fit in nicely to him rescuing adorable baby yoda

starwars.fandom.com... and just as a random aside his full name was gonna be minch yoda which does not sound as good as well just plain old yoda and im glad they nixed the bird feet aspect

starwars.fandom.com...(species)/Legends some thought these two speices were related but we never got confirmation of it

starwars.fandom.com... the closest we ever got to an answer from george was a joke as he wanted it mostly kept mysterious but its too hilarious not to post

For reasons unknown, George Lucas maintained a strict policy of keeping the history, name, origin, and whereabouts of this species unknown. When asked what species Yoda is, Lucas has only joked, "He's a frog." In the documentary "From Puppets to Pixels," he joked that Yoda is "the illegitimate child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy."
so according to the joke hes the illegitimate child of Kermit and mrs Piggy which isnt even the weirdest part of "old star wars lore" as apparently santa claus is a member of yodas species some how

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

the mando helmet thing is only in public and battle,they take them off to breed,feed,and presumably what ever passes for a shower in star wars (oddly we see a bathroom in the first episode and its the first time one has been shown and looks almost exactly like the one on the ISS)

if you watched the clone wars the mandalorian arcs showed them taking off their helmets all the time so this could just be a subset of mandalorian society that follows this rule, even death watch took off their helmets but things could have changed after the purge and imperial occupation of their home-world

as im assuming you have seen the 3rd episode they comment on how no one on the planet even really knows how many of the mandalorians are on the planet ,hence when the rest of them showed up to back Pedro it seemed the other bounty hunters were surprised by how many showed up so with their numbers reduced it could be kind of a part of societal camouflage as they were nearly identical armor (think of it as a play on that one race all looks the same and people cant tell the difference trope)

and oddly enough the most "famous" mandalorian was not even a real one boba fett was the template for the clones and not of ethnic mandalorian descent ,but as the new show seems to imply since the purge any one can be one if they follow the customs and ways of the society hence foundlings

www.vulture.com... this link covers the helmet thing

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Baby yoda is yodas clone, the doctor that barges into the room in episode 1 has a patch on his shoulder. The patch has the insignia of Kamino, the planet where the clone army was made.

Most likely some nefarious group is attempting to create a dark side yoda, little do they know yodas species are almost always light side dominant.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Sweet merciful F...
Why is everyone who gets their hands on SW so he’ll bent on destroying it?

Thank crap for the Mandalorian.
Who would had thought, that one man with a made for tv series, would do far better with SW in 3 episodes, than the plethora or directors and producers that have got their hands on it so far.
I don’t mind if chewie, c3p0, r2 and Lando die in this one.
But a sith lord clone?!
Just when you think they could come up with an original plot...
edit on 23-11-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Baby yoda is yodas clone, the doctor that barges into the room in episode 1 has a patch on his shoulder. The patch has the insignia of Kamino, the planet where the clone army was made.

Most likely some nefarious group is attempting to create a dark side yoda, little do they know yodas species are almost always light side dominant.

Buuuut will Mando turn good guy, or will he be an anti hero. Will Coda (Clone-Yoda) become the equivalent of a grey Jedi?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So I am a huge SW nerd, I have read pretty much everything that has came out since 2015 and I think I probably got around half of the legends stuff covered.

I have no #ing idea what the hell baba Yoda is all about...

What I would say is that every time we have seen one of those little green guys they have been force sensitive, Dr Peshering does have a Kamino cloning symbol on his jacket but that might not mean much. It's also said in episode three that they were trying to extract something from the little guy. As far as I know thats really the only solid info we have and the stuff about the Dr's Jacket might not mean much...but it faloni so its not an accident I think.

That said I also don't think that they're going to be looking to clone him, cloning isn't very popular in the fanbase and I think its just too easy. I also don't think Yoda and Yaddle had a quick shag in the council chambers either.

Personally my best theory so far is this; the creators have said this is going to explore some of the origins of the First Order. I don't think we will get the Childs origins or species but I do think that the plot is essentially going to be that the imperials hunting for the child are actually part of the group that become the First Order who have been sent out to study the child by a younger Snoke who has sensed his/her power in the force. The story now we are going to get is about the Mandalorians on the run from this group to protect the child and over time this is going to be used by the creators of the show as a plot device to tell us about the origins of the First Order and Snoke over the course of a few seasons

That is probably totally wrong

but its the best av got right now.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

We never saw what happened to Yaddle in the movies.
She quite possibly could had lived through Anakins slaughter at the temple.
Hell, She may not had even been there when he popped in.

If it’s her baby, she Probably doesn’t even know who the father is.
I heard she got involved in the illegal spice trade and began prostituting around the local cantinas.
At one point she was spotted hanging around a Wookiee pimp.
Great, big hairy fella too.
Had a necklace of baby rancore teeth around his neck, augmented by a Beskar steel chain.
Walked with a bit of a limp or swagger.
leaned heavily on a vibro-sword.

edit on 23-11-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I’m guessing he will lean good, almost like Han Solo.

Did you just coin Coda (clone yoda) it did you see that somewhere? Because that’s defiantly what I’m calling him/her unless Disney comes up with a better name

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Buuuut will Mando turn good guy, or will he be an anti hero. Will Coda (Clone-Yoda) become the equivalent of a grey Jedi?

Ithink he should be called Yolo

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Veryolduser - worst post on the internet of all time. Seriously, most YoutTube comments by 12 tear olds hold more value than the garbage you puked up in this thread.

Political trolling posts in COMPLETELY non-political threads are the worst part of ATS by far. If you want to create an OP about your fear of art being used for political/societal commentary, then do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

docs.google.com... here is a break down some uber starwars fan posted to the MAW on reddit (its the serious starwars discussion subreddit) he coveres list of jedi that survived order 66 in both Legends and Canon of which the number is much smaller in Canon and does not cover the new game with Cal from the fallen order game as it was done a year ago.

TL;DR for Purge Survivors section [Purge + 0] 190 survivors 49 ( 25.79%) are Masters, 67 (35.26%) are Knights, 44 ( 23.16%) are Padawans, 20 (10.53 %) are Younglings, and 10 (5.26%) are Jedi Service Corps members. 19-18BBY 30 Masters, 46 Knights, 39 Padawans, 20 Younglings, and 10 Jedi Service Corps Members. 17-0 BBY 21 Masters, 33 Knights, 37 Padawans, 18 Younglings, and 10 Jedi Service Corps Members 0-4 ABY 21 Masters, 28 Knights, 29 Padawans, 17 Younglings, and 9 Jedi Service Corps members.5-19 ABY 18 Masters, 21 Knights, 26 Padawans, 17 Younglings, and 6 Jedi Service Corps members. So as we can see it seems like a big number just going by survivors. But it's a false number that doesn’t give the whole story. What we are looking up next though raises a question. What is a Jedi? Is Ahsoka still a jedi if she left the order but still follows the ideas and teachings of the Order? Was Kanan a Jedi when he was drinking himself to death? What about the years when he was fighting with the Alliance but not using his saber or the force? And heck one person on the list failed out of the Academy and left to open a martial arts school before the Clone Wars but is still technically a survivor. This next section is looking at what happened to them over the years. Who turned into an Inquisitor, who gave up being a Jedi, K’khruk’s Jedi, and who decided to fight against the Empire.
formatting is gonna screw this up so id recommend checking the link as its broken down by time period and whatnot but they added a bunch of new jedi solely so vader could kill them (i think he kills 27ish percent of the survivors from order 66)

on Yaddle per wookiepedia shes the last jedi to die before the clone wars start starwars.fandom.com... so before baby Yoda he was the last one of his kind known before dying on dagobah

Yaddle, also known as "The One Below", was a renowned Jedi Master, who went on to serve the Jedi High Council for over a century before her death in 26 BBY during a peacekeeping mission to Mawan. A member of the same species as fellow Councilor Yoda, but about half his age, Yaddle trained dozens of Padawans in her time as a Jedi Master, including Oppo Rancisis, who would later join Yaddle on the Jedi Council, and the brash and overconfident Empatojayos Brand. After completing Brand's training, Yaddle did not take another apprentice, as she was almost five hundred years old when Brand passed the Jedi Trials for Knighthood.
now thats Legends but in cannon she is listed as Disappeared
screenrant.com...

n the Expanded Universe, Yaddle sacrificed herself while on a mission alongside Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker. They were attempting to end a cycle of violence on the lawless world of Mawan, but were unable to prevent the release of a potent bioweapon; Yaddle absorbed it into herself, dying instantly. In the new Disney canon, however, Yaddle's fate is unknown. She's said to have retired shortly after the Battle of Naboo, but has never been seen again.
so if we go off Canon i guess in theory could be baby yodas mom if her and yoda bumped uglies so to speak but i dont think the time line would line up with baby yoda being 50 as the empire only reigned for 20ish years before being defeated by the republic and then spawning the first order after they fled to the outter rim to rebuilt their forces

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

the baby is a He as stated by the imperial scientist who begged for his life saying "i saved him they wanted to kill him!" or something close enough ,which will probally stoke the fires of some of the "sjws" who are mad at a lack of female representation on the show even though the mandalorian smith was in episode one and in mandalorian society they are like the top tier individuals and as a rule Mandlorians don't care about gender they care about skill and contributions to mandlorian society ,plus they basically assume all the Jawas genders which i though was against their rules but ya gotta figure unless they are all a homosexual society some of the 40 we saw were female jawas with speaking roles

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I didnt even know the mandalorian was going to be a show. Thought it was going to be another movie spin off and probably going to suck. But if they got a little baby yoda mini jedi. Well maybe I should watch it one day.

From that picture and what I know of the show which is nothing. I think mini yoda is some sort of yoda clone, so they can make the ultimate sith lord. As everybody knows, yoda species is more prone to having force powers, also there small and good at jumping around in there youth, making them perfect for being jedi or sith as there a much harder to hit target with both a lazer gun or lightsaber.

I mean just imagine how easy it would be to hit a wookie jedi, there big, slow, and a prime target, and probably to harry to use the force correctly, may as well paint a big ol red target on them. Now trying to hit a mini yoda, is like trying to catch a flee, when there just hopping around everywhere. Making them the ultimate force weapon.

That or its a plot filler, you know kind of like jar jar binks was, just there for #z and gaggles because the writers were to lazy to put in to much thought into the storyline.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Hmm... so it wasn’t her I saw in the cantina slanging spice then.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Sweet merciful F...
Why is everyone who gets their hands on SW so he’ll bent on destroying it?

Thank crap for the Mandalorian.
Who would had thought, that one man with a made for tv series, would do far better with SW in 3 episodes, than the plethora or directors and producers that have got their hands on it so far.
I don’t mind if chewie, c3p0, r2 and Lando die in this one.
But a sith lord clone?!
Just when you think they could come up with an original plot...

I don't even care, but I'd still boil it in steaming oil and watch as it ... well.. that's enough dark from me.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I didnt even know the mandalorian was going to be a show. Thought it was going to be another movie spin off

So did I!

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Unable to watch it as I am not a subscriber to Disney's service and would not subscribe for a single show even if it is Star Wars but I have heard a few thing's that are wrong with the show.

Jawa are native to Tatooine and are cousin's of the Sand People in Star Wars lore that Disney has decided to ignore, they diverged long ago as in that now abandoned lore Tatooine had once been a great city world (with ocean's and plenty of life as well) of a long destroyed civilization that had stood up to and fought off the ancient evil Rakata Empire, a long extinct empire that made the sith at there height look like a petty nuisance, the Rakata had conquered and enslaved the entire Galaxy but were prone toward cannibalism of there own kind so eventually a civil war broke out and coupled with probably slave rebellion's and just maybe an attack by enemy's who saw there weakness at that time so the Rakata were eventually extinguished from the Galaxy long before the dawn of the old republic era, something like 50.000 star wars years however long one of those is supposed to be but back when the ancient society that had called ancient green city world Tatooine there home had rebelled against them the Rakatan empire had then bombarded Tatooine into dust, the sand's of the desert are all that now remains' of the city's that once spread across most of it's surface - actually the building's turned to dust and glass except in some few deep underground places were artefacts may still be found, the Jawa hid from the inhospitable surface by becoming troglodytes whom dwelt far beneath the surface (Smell is a big thing for the Jawa as they are adapted to the dark though they can still see well enough) but there cousin's the Sand People instead became tribal nomad's eking out a survival in the wastes and deserts that there planet had become.

The great sand crawlers the Jawa's use were abandoned on Tatooine by several mining company's that had tried and failed to mine the planet during the old republic era and the Ewok's that had come to the surface had found that they could renovate these vehicles and turn them into mobile homes for there clan's allowing them to travel the inhospitable surface in relative safety, while it is possible (definite) that some other similar worlds' may also have had sand crawler mining vehicles abandoned on them Jawa presence on those worlds is unlikely unless the Jawa had been taken there by someone else, perhaps as slaves given there affinity for technology and of course it is also possible that some Jawa would have left there home world of tatooine in time if they had seen an opportunity in doing so but why then would they have decided to recreate there nomadic scavenger existence on other desert planet's? instead of finding somewhere more hospitable or even founding a new home world for themselves.

The Rakata were interesting in that there dark side technology (pre Midichlorian lore) was based around the force and they had learned to extract the force from there slaves using force sensitive being's to power there ship's, they may be the race though now long dead that would have stood the best chance against the Yuuzhan Vong, a the Vong are another race now no longer canon and one that had many star wars fan's speculating WAS the emperor really evil or was he just following a force vision in an attempt to unify the Galaxy under his control against the coming invasion by the Vong whom had already conquered at least one other Galaxy.

Yoda come's from a mysterious race whom it seems have long decided to keep there origin world and species a secret from the rest of the Galaxy, even the Empire may not have ever found out were they are but HE is not the first of his kind to have been a Jedi and indeed all known members of his race were powerful force users that had become Jedi, those that were known of in the OLD star wars Lore.

It troubles me, indeed it causes a great disturbance in the force when screen writers that do not know there star wars lore set about making science fiction shows and ignoring the long standing lore of the universe in which they place there story's - BUT if they are good so what enjoy.

Also as star wars lore is kind of Static as far as there technology is concerned, most thing's created have been created before and the death star itself is not the first super weapon capable of destroying planets.

If you want to look up a cool star wars ship look up the Tombstone.

Still the presence if a member of Yoda's race is interesting, have the empire destroyed his hidden homeworld - unlikely but this could be the last of his species but one thing is certain the creature is supposedly a force sensitive entity and since Yoda had a midichlorian count of over 4 million - perhaps even more than Annakin? (ok it's lore but I hate the whole invention of the Midichlorian's - not only do they sound like a hi fi crossed with a bottle of bleach but they are not original force the force that bind's all life together instead they are some kind of parasitic bacteria like life form and that is crap lore even if Lucas did retro created it for the prequal trilogy).

And ok I can't see the show BUT beware of lore reWRITERS look what they did to the poor Klingon's in the star trek franchise, turned them from honourable warriors with Cornish pasty's stuck to there head's (the best version like space samurai rather than the TOS version which were space Cossacks) into cannibal's with a wonky religion, the klingon's may have been beastly on occasion but they would rather a plate of live gak than eat there enemy's if those enemy's were sentient though they did love a good hunt.

edit on 24-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

(post by Macenroe82 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I’m guessing he will lean good, almost like Han Solo.

Did you just coin Coda (clone yoda) it did you see that somewhere? Because that’s defiantly what I’m calling him/her unless Disney comes up with a better name

Just coined it. Though I don't really venture into too many SW forums, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had been coined the instant the little guy showed up.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Bad news guy,

I was just listening to MrSundayMoves and they used it, seems like they have dibs on Coda

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join