It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Peddles Fake News About Devin Nunes and He’s Now Seeking Legal Action

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I hope more people file lawsuits against the fake news organizations and there are hefty monetary awards given to the plaintiffs by a fair and unbiased jury.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA). Nunes became a target of CNN who published a story that an associate of Rudy Giuliani, an attorney for the president, is ready to detail a tall tale about him meeting Nunes in Vienna in an effort to get “dirt” on former Vice President Joe Biden. Gee—this story sounds so familiar, maybe it’s a throwback to that fantastic tale about Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen being in Prague when he wasn’t. These clowns never learn do they (via CNN):

Yeah, the ‘Cohen in Prague’ story was fake. And this appears to be total trash as well, with Nunes announcing that he will be slapping CNN with a lawsuit. Daily Wire has more, including a lengthy history of CNN just being an abjectly terrible network that can’t seem to stop peddling fake news about Republicans and President Donald Trump (via Daily Wire):

House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA) announced Friday night that he is filing a lawsuit against CNN over a report that they published the same evening that alleged an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani was willing to testify to Congress that Nunes met with a former Ukrainian prosecutor last year to discuss digging up dirt on former Vice President and current Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Nunes also plans to sue The Daily Beast for a story that it published earlier in the week that alleged that Parnas helped Nunes set up numerous meetings regarding Ukraine.

The only way news organizations are going to be held accountable for their false stories if someone has the ability to sue their pants off for falsehood/lies, IMO..
townhall.com... 64

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

UPDATE: All Three Nicholas Sandman Lawsuits Against Liberal Media move Forward… WaPo, CNN, NBC

Sixteen-year-old Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann was smeared and maligned by the liberal press after he was harassed in Washington DC following the March for Life. The Washington Post accused the teen of blocking and impeding Nathan Phillips as the native American elder was harassing the Catholic boys in Trump hats. It was all a lie and the Washington Post was one of the leading liberal outlets attacking the young Catholic boys.

BREAKING: A federal judge in Kentucky has reopened the $250 million defamation case filed by Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann against the Washington Post after dismissing it in July, allowing the lawsuit to proceedt.co...

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) October 28, 2019

The same judge has now ruled in similar cases against CNN and NBC.
This allows the cases to move forward on the same basis as the WaPo case.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The greatest threat to our democracies is the current state of the Media. It's time they are helt accountable!
Freedom of speech: yes! But the media is NOT above the law!
Nobody has the right to smear someone else without accountability.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Shame no one can level the playing field and file against the fake news that comes from the White House and the tweeter in chief , I guess different standards apply between free press "fake news" and officially sanctioned "fake news".
edit on 23-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Shame no one can level the playing field and file against the fake news that comes from the White House and the tweeter in chief , I guess different standards apply between free press "fake news" and officially sanctioned "fake news".

My friend you need to stop watching/listening to MSN, NBC and CNN as they are just arms of the NWO deep (CIA) state ...unless that is what you want as a future for you and yours.
www.dailywire.com...

In an exclusive statement provided to Breitbart News, Nunes said: “These demonstrably false and scandalous stories published by the Daily Beast and CNN are the perfect example of defamation and reckless disregard for the truth. Some political operative offered these fake stories to at least five different media outlets before finding someone irresponsible enough to publish them. I look forward to prosecuting these cases, including the media outlets, as well as the sources of their fake stories, to the fullest extent of the law. I intend to hold the Daily Beast and CNN accountable for their actions. They will find themselves in court soon after Thanksgiving.”

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

So, your preference is to use the partisan media outlet Townhall to counter the partisan news outlet CNN?

How sadly ironic that you cannot see that all corporate media is merely the puppet of TPTB.

You’ve bought into the two-party puppet show completely it seems.

Let the judiciary sort all this out; that’s what it’s there for.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What I want for me and mine is a future where free speech is maintained and dissenting voices are not silenced , if something is shown to be a lie then it should be investigated and action should be taken regardless of political leaning.

Just because a media outlet is not considered main stream doesn't mean they are not politically biased or aversed to putting a favourable spin on the news they report.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I whole heartedly agree, rating over truth is the way of most networks, I always remember this one as I have friends in the Midlands and most were like...Wait, What

Fox News in Ofcom breach for Birmingham 'Muslim only' claim

On a lighter note......mother in laws

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   

News you say, heres the real news.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Don't you concern yourself one little bit on that.
Trump is not your President.
Do you follow Don on Twitter ?
If so , why ?
If not , how do you draw those conclusions ?

Now that is out of the way , and back on topic , how do you feel about Nunes going after CNN ?

edit on 11/23/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, your preference is to use the partisan media outlet Townhall to counter the partisan news outlet CNN?

How sadly ironic that you cannot see that all corporate media is merely the puppet of TPTB.

The thread is about Devin Nunes filing a lawsuit against CNN, WaPo, and NBC for false accusations and flat out lies. How does that buy into a two party puppet show ? I doubt CNN or NBC will be announcing they are facing Devin Nunes and his lawyers in a court of law for libel ?

Maybe your hate has overwhelmed your common sense of what is right and what is wrong ? I grew up where lying was wrong.. the only thing a man has is his word and honor and when those are destroyed so is the man (insert woman if you want or fake news stories they all fit).. True I grew up differently than what I see around me today as witnessed by the outlandish stories I read by so called news agencies that are proved falsehoods only later after the smear job has been launched.

There is a difference between freedom of the press as envisioned by the founders as I doubt they could ever imagined anyone or organization so blatantly revealing themselves as total fakers and provocateurs trying to destroy anyone against the NWO and their globalist plans. I might be wrong on that cause I was not around back then... seems some personal attacks or disagreements were settled by a duel..en.wikipedia.org...

The Broderick–Terry duel (subsequently called "the last notable American duel")[1] was fought between United States Senator David C. Broderick, of California, and ex-Chief Justice David S. Terry, of the Supreme Court of California, on September 13, 1859.[1] The two men had been friends and political allies within the Democratic Party. However, Broderick was an abolitionist, whereas Terry was pro-slavery. Intense political disagreements led to bitter resentments, which in turn led to a challenge to a duel and the fatal encounter in a ravine near Lake Merced in San Francisco.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Don't you concern yourself one little bit on that.
Trump is not your President.

Yeah , I see that often around here , "not you president so no right to comment" , except in a way he is my president because action and mistakes he takes and makes can and will have a direct effect on my life and well being because America ! , Special relationship ! and all that tosh.

Do you follow Don on Twitter ?

Not officially but I do have his twitter page bookmarked to check on his crazed rants , sometimes it's pure Gold.

Now that is out of the way , and back on topic , how do you feel about Nunes going after CNN ?

I feel fine about it , if there is a problem then court action is the best way to expose it and fix it if a problem is found , it beats bleating about it ad infinitum.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't see how Nunes has a case. The story was based on what Parnas said. Nunes was given opportunities to rebut those claims but he preferred to act like a child. So in the end CNN had to run the article without comments from Nunes.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Please. Don’t pretend this thread doesn’t have a partisan base. Frankly, that’s insulting to both of us.

You presented not only the information on the law suits, but celebrate that they are all partisan media opposed to your preferred partisan media. Yes, it is about the facts, but I’m arguing that is not your concern here, and I find it ludicrous that your post is now trying to portray that.

I’ve long been praising the use of the judicial system if actual libel or slander or defamation is the matter at hand. There’s no need to call for the Constitution to be trampled underfoot trying to go after the media you don’t like.

Take it to court with the rules of evidence. Let’s see if there has been damage. If not, then, to quote Mick Mulvaney, get over it.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Nunes doesn’t have a case. He thinks that the ephemeral focus of the public will turn off him soon.

A lawsuit is a delay action, not a redress of actual damages, as there has been none here. Nunes is parroting his hero Mr. Trump who has historically sued for anything he doesn’t like. Easy when you have a staff of attorneys on the payroll.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The only way news organizations are going to be held accountable for their false stories if someone has the ability to sue their pants off for falsehood/lies, IMO.

Regulate them like they do firearms.

Licensing,background checks,mandatory waiting periods,certfication classes.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I know right? anyone who would carry water for one side and then blast the other, in a consistent fashion must be a partisan douche. Good thing our post histories don't reflect anything like that, amirite

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I don't see how Nunes has a case. The story was based on what Parnas said. Nunes was given opportunities to rebut those claims but he preferred to act like a child. So in the end CNN had to run the article without comments from Nunes.

I basically agree.

I dislike cnn and am a nunes fan

But I dont want to se a world where everyone is afraid to publish a story because it may be wrong.

First off, the story could be true, I guess we will have to see what proof is out there.

Secondly, if cnn actually had this told to them, why should they be sued. Now if they were shown its false and continued to push it (like the sandman case) that seems to be different

I guess id need to see more deatils of exactly is happeneing before i make a judgement on this case; but even as spomeone who thinks nn is nothing more than a propaganda outlet, I hesitate to cheer for them being sued without all the acts.

Remember if this works for cnn, next it will be any small conservatove outlets getting sued for wrong stories

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I know right? anyone who would carry water for one side and then blast the other, in a consistent fashion must be a partisan douche. Good thing our post histories don't reflect anything like that, amirite

The only general tendency I’ve noticed from your posts Dude, is that you seem to have an attraction to critiquing me, or rather, your perception of me. I’m flattered, but I’m really just words on a screen.

Shall we get back to the topic now? What do you think bout Nunes or the OPs lust to see media outlets they don’t favor corrected? Is it reasonable do you think to post one obviously biased political mouthpiece as contracticting another?

Would you like to try to incorporate your need to reinforce the two party puppet show by showing something factual that I’ve personally said or done in relation to the topic?

Is that good form in debate or discussion? What say you?
edit on 23-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The only way to resolve these things is to have it adjudicated by a court where the rules of evidence are in place, and arguments must be fact based.

Defamation is fraud, and fraud is one of the few matters I think validly should be taken to court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join