It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Netanyahu: Israel PM charged with corruption

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Netanyahu has today been charged with bribery, fraud and breach of trust by Israel's attorney general Avichai Mandelblit.

Case 1,000: Mr Netanyahu has been charged with fraud and breach of trust in this case. He is alleged to have received various high-value benefits, including pink champagne and cigars, in return for favours for a wealthy friend. Mr Netanyahu has said they were tokens of friendship and that he did not act inappropriately in exchange for them. The friend similarly denies any wrongdoing.

Case 2,000: Mr Netanyahu faces charges of fraud and breach of trust in this case. He is alleged to have agreed a deal with the publisher of a major newspaper to promote legislation to weaken a rival daily in return for favourable coverage. Like the prime minister, the publisher denies any wrongdoing. Both men have said they did not intend to promote the matters discussed in their meetings, and the legislation was not passed.

Case 4,000: This is considered the most serious case because Mr Netanyahu has been charged with bribery, as well as fraud and breach of trust. It is alleged that Mr Netanyahu promoted regulatory decisions that favoured a leading telecommunications company in return for favourable news coverage from one of its websites, as part of an agreement with the company's controlling shareholder. The prime minister has insisted experts supported the regulatory decisions and that he received nothing in return. The shareholder also denies wrongdoing.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I would bet all the national leaders who have a long time in the job are corrupt. They can't resist the temptation.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It is unclear what this means for Mr Netanyahu's future.

He is presumed innocent unless proven otherwise, and there is currently no legal barrier to him staying in office as prime minister.

It could take many months before the cases are brought before a district court. And even if convicted, Mr Netanyahu would not be required to step down until the appeals process was exhausted - something that could take years.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here we go again... 2017 revisited.

Just another crock'a...

Attack Trump, attack Bibi...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It seems corruption and illegality is coming to the fore worldwide, who knew that all it would take was one gust of wind to hit that house of cards.

Thanks "guardian angel".

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Just another crock'a...

Israels courts will be the judge of that.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Elaborate setup !!!! 😧

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Just another crock'a...

So do you think he's innocent?

Or do you think it doesn't matter?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder if he actually did something or if they have the same kangaroo courts we have in the United States. I have zero faith in justice systems right now. See Epstein, Jeffery.
edit on 2019/11/21 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Stinker, the avatar isn't doing Thanksgiving?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

As I was thinking, not the first time, and do believe they did the same to the wife....

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just another crock'a...

Based on the OP, it looks like what the leftwing media is doing to Trump. Champagne, cigars, and positive news coverage that is denied by the accused and the witness. It seems like really small potatoes if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Just another crock'a...

Based on the OP, it looks like what the leftwing media is doing to Trump. Champagne, cigars, and positive news coverage that is denied by the accused and the witness. It seems like really small potatoes if you ask me.

First off, I'm American, and this is a domestic issue for them, so I can't really take a stance. Not my monkey, not my circus.

Per the "left wing media" part. I don't know how media works there, but here we all know who alligns with who, and propaganda was made legal again by Obama's admin... So we can't really expect too much out of our's. But there are allegations Netanyahu was doing backdoor deals to change the media landscape there... If I was Israel, I'd probably want to "drain the swamp" right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Based on the OP, it looks like what the leftwing media is doing to Trump.

Replies like that go to show just how brainwashed some of you guys are.
Both sad and worrying in equal measure.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

That's why we'll never see corruption disappear. My team vs your team is more important than us vs them.

When stories like this come out against hyper partisans' opponents, you hear terms like treason and sedition. When their guy does it, it's a nothing burger, politically motivated, or fake news.

Ironic some will blame fake news in this, when in fact there are allegations Bibi helped set up an environment to load the news in his favor. People will conflate this with their feelings (pro or anti) with Trump, even though they are two separate people in two different countries.

I have little to no faith we will ever transcend to a point western societies hold all politicians accountable, no matter the letter next to their name on the ballot.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm brainwashed because I don't automatically accuse him of the crimes? Ok there buddy, you seem very invested into this. I don't care either way. If guilty prosecute, if not then I was most likely right. Only time will tell.
edit on 21-11-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ironic some will blame fake news in this, when in fact there are allegations Bibi helped set up an environment to load the news in his favor.

I think it's ironic you think it's ironic people don't trust the media in our current political atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm brainwashed because I don't automatically accuse him of the crimes?

No , you're brainwashed because you equate a criminal case against a foreign leader with the self inflicted wounds of Trump.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Ironic some will blame fake news in this, when in fact there are allegations Bibi helped set up an environment to load the news in his favor.

I think it's ironic you think it's ironic people don't trust the media in our current political atmosphere.

This couldn’t be more true.

The media and the justice system are broken beyond repair. There are forces that use the legal process as a political weapon.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm brainwashed because I don't automatically accuse him of the crimes?

No , you're brainwashed because you equate a criminal case against a foreign leader with the self inflicted wounds of Trump.

People aren’t brainwashed simply because they don’t agree with you or trust a corrupt media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join