It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeti reticuli

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

They don't get hungry," said Gordon Johnson of the Joint Forces Command at the Pentagon. "They're not afraid. They don't forget their orders. They don't care if the guy next to them has just been shot. Will they do a better job than humans? Yes."

Yeah, there was a lot of hype about this a few weeks back, as they are being deployed in Iraq.

While I'm all for progress, I wonder how such a robot is going to know whether or not to fire at a kid with an apple versus a kid with a grenade...
Remote controlled sentries...fine, AI controlled, not a good idea.... When it comes to a decision of life or death, the brain should not be taken out of the equation.....

Well, if the research into melding organic material with microchi[s pans out, that may be the factor needed to discern what is a threat and what isn't.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
IMO, the only way we will get there in the near future is to hitch a ride from the aliens.

From what I've heard about the Greys (from various sources, abductions, alien autopsy, descriptions from Day after Roswell), they are biologically engineered. I can see in the future with genetic engineering, we could produce beings like this. They would be programmed to carry out various functions, but limited reasoning. This would be better that mechanical robots, as they need lots of electrical power, batteries that need recharged, regular maintenance.

Just a thought. But then the question becomes who made them?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You'd better hope though that the Alien craft you're hitching a ride on is not a Vogon Craft. I hear they do not like Hitchhiker's in the least bit.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
You'd better hope though that the Alien craft you're hitching a ride on is not a Vogon Craft. I hear they do not like Hitchhiker's in the least bit.

Well, I wouldn't want to be served up as a smorgasbord if that's what you mean.

Seriously, as mentioned before, I don't think our bodies would hold up to long term space travel. So why not engineer a being that will hold up? It may sound far fetched, but I'll bet it happens. We used to send up monkeys to test out our space craft, this could be a walking, talking test dummy.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins

Actually, you'd be forced to listen to the Vogon Captain recite the worst petry in the Universe then shoved out of an air lock.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i think the only way for any human to travel that far of distance would be through some type of advanced remote viewing technique.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins

Actually, you'd be forced to listen to the Vogon Captain recite the worst petry in the Universe then shoved out of an air lock.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join