It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeti reticuli

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If this is the home star system of the greys, we should focus our efforts on maybe gettin a probe there in the future when propulsion systems are availiable to get there in a reasonable amount of time. until then lets focus our radio-telescopes on that system and monitor microwaves etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
they lied,they are minons for the dracos.Read the dulce book

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If I'm not wrong, travelling to that star system would take us (or any ship), given current technology, at least 100,000 years... The Zeta Reticuli (double) star system is situated at 39,5 ly, and at the moment, (I think it is) the Voyager 1 probe was sent in the direction of Alpha Centauri, our closest neighbor in the universe. Alpha Centauri is roughly at 4 ly, and the probe won't be there until 28,000 years...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
If I'm not wrong, travelling to that star system would take us (or any ship), given current technology, at least 100,000 years... The Zeta Reticuli (double) star system is situated at 39,5 ly, and at the moment, (I think it is) the Voyager 1 probe was sent in the direction of Alpha Centauri, our closest neighbor in the universe. Alpha Centauri is roughly at 4 ly, and the probe won't be there until 28,000 years...

No biggie, we just need to evolve into robots and loose our sense of time. I just need to have a cup of tea, then I'll figure out how to do that.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Add this to the puzzle, back in the 90's, the project to detect extra solar planets (i.e. planets around other stars), did detect a Jupiter like planet in the Zeti Reticuli system (any other planets likely too small), but it was later retracted. They stated it was an error. Computer models showed more planets as likely, even in the "life zone".

Look to Vince's info on the distance there....no probe going there in our lifetimes, or our children's children's etc.

Thing is though, we may have missed the window in which they would have used radio. Think about it, we've had radio for around a century. I'm not so sure it will be in use for another century. Given the time it takes a radio wave to travel here, chances are that any radio waves sent out by Reticulans would have hit earth either decades or longer ago, or even decades or longer from now!
It's a tiny window, relatively....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Add this to the puzzle, back in the 90's, the project to detect extra solar planets (i.e. planets around other stars), did detect a Jupiter like planet in the Zeti Reticuli system (any other planets likely too small), but it was later retracted. They stated it was an error. Computer models showed more planets as likely, even in the "life zone".

Look to Vince's info on the distance there....no probe going there in our lifetimes, or our children's children's etc.

Thing is though, we may have missed the window in which they would have used radio. Think about it, we've had radio for around a century. I'm not so sure it will be in use for another century. Given the time it takes a radio wave to travel here, chances are that any radio waves sent out by Reticulans would have hit earth either decades or longer ago, or even decades or longer from now!

Do you think they are covering it up? News like this would give strong support to the B & B Hill abduction, would it not? I guess they decided to contact us in a different manner.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Do you think they are covering it up?

Betty drew a star map showing stars that weren't even known about (at the time) and even correctly showing what COLOR the stars were, and of a constellation not even visible from her native hemisphere...

YES, I think they are covering it up....absolutely....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Unless we were to miraculously develop warp technology, I don't think in this lifetime it would be possible to send a probe anywhere but our own little solar system here.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
perhaps with some cyborg technology it will be possible to travel that far since lifetime would extend dramatically. And if the current scientific exploration continues like its going who knows where well be in 200 years. J just hope the ego-s wont screw it up somwhere down the line

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
well, think about this our understanding of physics has grown drastically over the last century. I think if true effort were put towards developing propulsion systems capable of traveling light years away, we could do it in another century or so. That crap about dulce are lies and disinformation.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
well, think about this our understanding of physics has grown drastically over the last century. I think if true effort were put towards developing propulsion systems capable of traveling light years away, we could do it in another century or so. That crap about dulce are lies and disinformation.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

No biggie, we just need to evolve into robots and loose our sense of time. I just need to have a cup of tea, then I'll figure out how to do that.

Nanotech replacement bodies. Read "The Age of Spiritual Machines" by Ray Kurzweil.

In 50-100 years, everybody will be doing it.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It would take more than 1 Million years to get to the Zeta Reticula from Earth given today's propulsion systems!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Even if we did receive a signal from there, we wouldn't hear it because Seti isn't using the proper procedure to listen. The only way we'd pick up a signal is if someone relatively close by had a powerful signal aimed directly at earth tuned to the narrow bands we're listening too. Stupid Seti...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
they lied,they are minons for the dracos.Read the dulce book

What!!?? And how do you now if that book is not a hoax. Their is absolutely no proof of that, lets stick to the facts.

I think Gazrok brings up a good point along with Betty's drawing matching perfectly with the system leads to some very good speculation that they are indeed from Zeta.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
perhaps with some cyborg technology it will be possible to travel that far since lifetime would extend dramatically. And if the current scientific exploration continues like its going who knows where well be in 200 years. J just hope the ego-s wont screw it up somwhere down the line

Hmmmm...I had read somewhere that scientists had successfully fused organic brain cells to a computer chip I believe. I'll have to do a little research to confirm this.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Even IF we could do this, i.e. replace our bio systems with robotics...what human mind would stay sane on such a trip? The boredom of space travel already affects today's astronauts... Now imagine that over thousands of years...??? Only so many times you can play Scrabble or cards before you lose your mind....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, I found this at another messageboard I frequent. It was originally at this link here:

They don't get hungry," said Gordon Johnson of the Joint Forces Command at the Pentagon. "They're not afraid. They don't forget their orders. They don't care if the guy next to them has just been shot. Will they do a better job than humans? Yes."

The robot soldier is coming.

The Pentagon predicts that robots will be a major fighting force in the American military in less than a decade, hunting and killing enemies in combat. Robots are a crucial part of the Army's effort to rebuild itself as a 21st-century fighting force, and a $127 billion project called Future Combat Systems is the biggest military contract in American history.

aolsvc.news.aol.com...[/QUOTE]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Hmmmm...I had read somewhere that scientists had successfully fused organic brain cells to a computer chip I believe. I'll have to do a little research to confirm this.

you are correct - the infos out there beleive me.
try goggle.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

They don't get hungry," said Gordon Johnson of the Joint Forces Command at the Pentagon. "They're not afraid. They don't forget their orders. They don't care if the guy next to them has just been shot. Will they do a better job than humans? Yes."

Yeah, there was a lot of hype about this a few weeks back, as they are being deployed in Iraq.

While I'm all for progress, I wonder how such a robot is going to know whether or not to fire at a kid with an apple versus a kid with a grenade...
Remote controlled sentries...fine, AI controlled, not a good idea.... When it comes to a decision of life or death, the brain should not be taken out of the equation.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join