It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Nazca Geoglyph Shows Dinosaur with Humans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Newly Discovered Nazca art depicts humans living with the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

HAIL FSM!

Plus, How could they have possibly known about Jack-O-Lanterns 1000+ years ago? They could not have known this at the time, so this is proof positive of FSM. Noodly appendages everywhere. Accept his noodly appendage before it's too late.

edit on 11 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Don't you find it odd that the same lumps on top of the animal in question just happen to also be on the "snake" that surrounds it? So by this logic, humans also lived with giant snakes with plates on their backs.

Stegosaurus did not have horns, had a much smaller head and had a spiked tail, something never depicted in any of this art yet would have been well known and feared by anybody that encountered one. If they actually observed a stegosaurus, that is a detail they would not just leave out. It would be prevalent in all of it, not ignored. Also some of the stegosaurus plates were sharp, not rounded off and connectect like that, look at the fossils.

edit on 11 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Here's a look at more of the pillar. As you can see, the "plates" are a prevalent theme and surround all the animals and structures. Remember, these were carved in rock. Leaving all those plates was not only easier, it looked good. You really have to appreciate the creative art for what it was.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Here's a look at more of the pillar. As you can see, the "plates" are a prevalent theme and surround all the animals and structures. Remember, these were carved in rock. Leaving all those plates was not only easier, it looked good. You really have to appreciate the creative art for what it was.

Not similar at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Not similar at all.

Exactly. The carving is not similar at all to a real stegosaurus and the plates are obvious artistry prevalent all over the pillar. I know you desperately want to force the square peg in the round hole here and embrace your delusion but denial isn't a response nor is it an excuse to ignore hundreds of peer reviewed research papers on dinosaurs over a silly carving. If that's a stegosaurus then an iguana is a brontosaurus.

edit on 11 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not similar at all.

Exactly. The carving is not similar at all to a real stegosaurus and the plates are obvious artistry prevalent all over the pillar. I know you desperately want to force the square peg in the round hole here and embrace your delusion but denial isn't a response nor is it an excuse to ignore hundreds of peer reviewed research papers on dinosaurs over a silly carving. If that's a stegosaurus then an iguana is a brontosaurus.

I'm up for a good explanation. But pointing out random filler elements in a carving and saying they're the same thing as obviously uniform and consistent elements attached to the back of a creature of some kind doesn't cut it. Try again. Point out to me that it's like a dragon. A recognized mythical creature of the culture that still has distinct features. Like a dragon being long and scaly and breathing fire. Show me that parallel. People carve images of all kinds of stuff.

And it's not like paleontologists have found every extinct critter. Maybe they had a kind of camel rhino around within the cultural memory. Show me that. Debunk harder.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
These artworks were most likely produced by intelligent dinosaurs depicting time traveling humans from the future.
edit on 0000001112011112America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm up for a good explanation. But pointing out random filler elements in a carving and saying they're the same thing as obviously uniform and consistent elements attached to the back of a creature of some kind doesn't cut it. Try again. Point out to me that it's like a dragon. A recognized mythical creature of the culture that still has distinct features. Like a dragon being long and scaly and breathing fire. Show me that parallel. People carve images of all kinds of stuff.

And it's not like paleontologists have found every extinct critter. Maybe they had a kind of camel rhino around within the cultural memory. Show me that. Debunk harder.

What do you mean you are up for a good explanation? I just gave one and you blindly denied it. It's creative artistic expression. It's likely a made up mythological creature because it's clearly not a stegosaurus.

Read the post directly above the one I made with circled "plates." You are just going to ignore ALL OF THAT? You haven't even come up with a convincing case FOR it being a stegosaurus. You didn't address the fact that it HAS HORNS and is clearly missing the spiked tail.

Again, I'm just giving you rational explanations. The fact that literally ALL peer reviewed science conflicts with the idea of humans living with dinosaurs is a big part of it that you also blindly reject. A carving from the ancient past does not override empirical evidence. Calling that a stegosaurus is an extraordinary claim and thus requires extraordinary evidence since it conflicts will the scientific picture of earth's history.

Instead of using bias, use critical thinking.

edit on 11 30 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: 2Faced

That would actually make much more sense, at least for the latest nazca one, because of the eye and tail.

Maybe it would that is if it looked like a chameleon. Unless
chameleons at the time this glyph was created looked like a
Stegosaurus? It's a Stegosaurus. Can't believe anyone would
even try to pull that crap.

Any adult that's having trouble with it being a dinosaur can
have any little kid set 'em straight.

Maybe some little kids should set you straight and explain that Stegosaurus had spikes on its tail, bony plating on its back, longer body, longer neck and smaller cranium. They would also likely mention that zero Stegosauridae fossils have ever been found in South America, making it even less likely to be depicted.

If you want to make assumptions about extinct creatures from S. America, wouldn’t it make sense to learn what actually lived in the geographical region in question. A far more logical explanation would be Megafauna that we know actually lived there and were hunted by humans don’t you think?

With that in mind, it looks far more like a Glyptodont, Pleistocene ancestors of modern armadillos who were the size of a VW Beetle and looked remarkably like the Ankylosaurs. Not only were these fellas hunted for food, but also shelter. When your dinner has a giant armored shell the size of a VW beetle, it makes for a quick and somewhat safe place to sleep.

Occam’s razor, the most simple explanation is usually correct. Meaning you don’t need to invoke a creature that went extinct in the Cretaceous and was never actually in S. America.
edit on 7-12-2019 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Ya know I really need t concede my argument on this one I was pretty
convinced when this thread started that the creators of the glyph were
obviously going for dinosaur. But ya IDK what I was think'n that day.
But hell ya I concede.

I'm not a young or flat earth guy but Creation all the way.

No contesta!

edit on 7-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Newly Discovered Nazca Geoglyph Shows Dinosaur with Humans

First pic what's left of one.

Second picture in one in out the other.

Glad I wasn't alive back then.

ETA:

I had no idea spongebob was that old.

edit on 7-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is interesting. I came across a published paper by a professor at a university in Mexico City a few years ago . He has similar photos of of different type dinosaurs with people carved in rock. In addition to that he also found figures of dinosaurs make of wood ,( now petrified wood ).

He also stated the university carbon dated everything to only 10,000 years . Not millions. That right Ten Thousand years. These items , bones. Carvings, figures, etc, were found near some mountain in mexico. I do not recall the name of the mountain . I asked my neighbor if he had ever heard of this finding because he used to teach at that very same university in Mexico before moving back to the USA. This is what he told me. " it's a forbid to talk about such things in acidemia when he taught their in Mexico city. I did ask him why and the next answer I got was Catholic Church. My neighbor said " need I go further" he really didn't want talk anymore about the Catholic church, but did say there have been many findings like it around the world. But if anything is found in Mexico ( said there has been many) the church interferes at times and the items will be taken and stored , but not made public. I asked him if he knew of the professor I spoke of . he did say yes and he no longer teaches archaeology any more. And that was that.

But I did not give up yet . I spoke to a local priest at my church since he had a congregation in Mexico at one time. All he said to me was the Catholic church forbids him to talk about it. He was kind of mad at me for bringing it up. Just told him you are in the USA father. All he said was god be with you , have good evening.

I booked marked that page because I was going to do a write up on it for ATS. But it all gone now everthing. So I tried way back when , nothing. I should have screen shot that pages . The conversations I had above took me a month or so to get that info from my neighbor he's always gone , and the father hard to reach at times. This was all in 2009 2010 . Anyway if you find anymore or published papers ,post them here along with photos.
My neighbor said that mountain is in central Mexico, wish I could remember the name but also said the people in the local towns around know it very well some have kept their own findings. Something like or near EL-Toro mountain in Mexico

Forgive my spelling and punctuation typing on small Google pad
edit on 7-12-2019 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2019 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here is a link to similar discovery s in Mexico. Its a good read and very controversial to some in the Catholic church. Mexico Discoveries

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Maybe some little kids should set you straight and explain that Stegosaurus had spikes on its tail, bony plating on its back, longer body, longer neck and smaller cranium. They would also likely mention that zero Stegosauridae fossils have ever been found in South America, making it even less likely to be depicted.

Good thing there are less ambiguous remains showing that humans saw stegosauruses. Like from Italy we have this ancient carving:

This matches the fact that stegosaurus remains were found in Europe: Source

Gotta love the multi-faceted nature of science. Face it, our recent ancestors saw dinosaurs and the timeline forced on us throughout our schooling by evolutionary theorists is a lie.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SJE98
He also stated the university carbon dated everything to only 10,000 years . Not millions. That right Ten Thousand years.

So one guy stating something makes it true? You realize that you can't carbon date dinosaur fossils, carbon dating is only accurate within 50,000 years give or take. They use radiometric dating for older fossils. This is an old creationist lie. Nothing has ever been credibly dated that young, creationists have misrepresented fossils and tested contaminated samples that can't even be shown a chain of custody for and they were even told before testing them in the lab that this was the case. They didn't care because they have a one track mind and only want to promote religious beliefs, not reality. Where are your links to peer reviewed research on the fossils?

edit on 12 10 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Good thing there are less ambiguous remains showing that humans saw stegosauruses. Like from Italy we have this ancient carving:

That's even worse than the other one. Desperate times when you religion is dying so fast in the west.

Gotta love creationist liars that never stop embracing myths over scientific research.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That's even worse than the other one. Desperate times when you religion is dying so fast in the west.

Gotta love creationist liars that never stop embracing myths over scientific research.

You're telling me you don't see the resemblance to a stegosaurus?

That's some intense confirmation bias. Show any child that has no dogmatic belief in evolution yet and he will be able to identify it for you.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SJE98
Here is a link to similar discovery s in Mexico. Its a good read and very controversial to some in the Catholic church. Mexico Discoveries

I don’t think the Catholic Church has much to worry about considering local families were selling these figures as early as 1944 (25 years prior to the alleged “discovery”) and thermoluminescence has dated them to the 1930’s. The hole that the 33,000 pieces were recovered from was very clearly backfilled shortly before being “discovered”. Out of 33,000 figures, none we’re missing any pieces. Some were broken, but every piece was there. If the alleged site was even 100 or so years old at the time of its “discovery”, in a tectonically unstable region then all of those pieces would not have been conveniently located all in one cache. Furthermore, when the pieces were examined there was no sedimentary concretion evident in any of the pieces. There are so many things wrong with this site that it should be a thread of its own so as to not derail this one any further.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join