It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good morning. Taninim Long here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good morning, I am Taninim Long.

I am most interested about geopolitical issues, especially issues that affect people's rights, and people's freedom. In that topic, I have read much of the Art of War, by Sun Tzu, written about 2,500 years ago. That book is surprisingly relevant to building a better place - peace is just a battle, like many other. What I do like about this community so far, is that it is home to many incredibly bright minds. And so I feel it is the perfect place to expand my horizons and consider new political points of view I had not conceived on my own. I actually despise politics, but I feel that to better change a system, it is important to study it. In that sense, I personally seek to identify the methods by which we, as a human race, can defeat the systems that are tyrannical and unfair; and become a society that respects its people's rights, and that actually allows us all evolve to our full potentials.

This community was recommended to me by my good friend Swanne, the physicist that's posted his discoveries here some time ago.

I am also an avid chess player, I have learned a bit of ancient skills such as the japanese sword, and I also am the elected President of Alaurentia, the bioregional movement.

So, it is a pleasure to meet you all.

edit on 20-11-2019 by TaninimLong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaninimLong
Good morning, I am Taninim Long.

I am most interested about geopolitical issues, especially issues that affect people's rights, and people's freedom. In that topic, I have read much of the Art of War, by Sun Tzu, written about 2,500 years ago. That book is surprisingly relevant to building a better place - peace is just a battle, like many other. What I do like about this community so far, is that it is home to many incredibly bright minds. And so I feel it is the perfect place to expand my horizons and consider new political points of view I had not conceived on my own. I actually despise politics, but I feel that to better change a system, it is important to study it. In that sense, I personally seek to identify the methods by which we, as a human race, can defeat the systems that are tyrannical and unfair; and become a society that respects its people's rights, and that actually allows us all evolve to our full potentials.

This community was recommended to me by my good friend Swanne, the physicist that's posted his discoveries here some time ago.

I am also an avid chess player, I have learned a bit of ancient skills such as the japanese sword, and I also am the elected President of Alaurentia, the bioregional movement.

So, it is a pleasure to meet you all.

Welcome, you will find ATS as the destination for some of the most intellegent, fun loving, people on the internet. The cookies are delicious.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I so happens to love cookies.

Thank you for the welcome, and I do think you are right. It does seem like a good place to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TaninimLong

Welcome.....again

I'm sorry you didn't get my private message in time.

Be sure to start a thread on your state and what you represent because it was very interesting.

If you need any help just shoot me a pm.

Enjoy your stay

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I thank you for your attempt to save my old thread, I do sincerely appreciate it.

Hopefully this time I did it right.

Thank you for the warm welcome... again.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Some of the rules here to remember going forward and a general reminder to others of the rules.

15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution*, as defined by TAN, to its original source. You will not Post any material that infringes, misappropriates, or violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of TAN or any third party. You will not use your Postings on the Websites to promote your own personal website or any other website with which you may be associated without first receiving permission from TAN.

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents).

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

I post this both for your benefit and the benefit of other new members.

Welcome to ATS! Glad to have you aboard!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the madhouse 🍪

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Cool! You seem clever and nice. I hope you find these forums interesting

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the club

I saw your other tread about the nation you run, it sounded interesting.

Looking forward to a thread about it , how you came up with the idea etc , the issues you ran into etc.

No pressure though

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hello and welcome again...
Am also interested in alternative paths for Humanity, and micro-nations.
Have been contemplating ideas for an 'Earth 2.0', type of thing.

Are you in need of a Minister of Nothing ?
( Am an under-appreciated internet expert in nothing ! )

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Deja vu?!

Hello and welcome to ATS again.
Maybe you can tell from my username, but I also have a interest in many things Japanese including Bushido, which Katana Art did you study?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Well, I learned a bit of kendo; but then I became more comfortable with a ninjato. Eventually I also explored the chinese jian, and the bo (which I hate).

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thank you for the warm welcome. I actually appreciate your sense of humour, it is refreshing. However I would rather avoid the topic of Alaurentia right now; this is merely an introduction thread.

It is good to meet you.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I will... see what I can do.

Pleasure to meet you.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Cool! You seem clever and nice. I hope you find these forums interesting

Thank you for the kind words! I certainly am. Finding the forum interesting, I mean.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Understood, thanks.

If you work with the mods, they will help you eventually make a thread about it, so we shall be patient, for now... LoL !

It's nice to meet folks with a polite and friendly disposition.
And liking my sense of humour ? Well that's rare around here... Heech-heech-heech !

Stopped by a guy in the park today, and asked him which galaxy we are in...
He took it well, and just laughed.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaninimLong

Thank you.

You are most welcome.
You will fit in just fine here I think.

Anytime you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone on Staff. Be patient though, we can be slow since we have our real lives to deal with.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I shall keep that in mind; and of course, I understand.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hello Taninim, welcome to ATS.

I have to admit your use of the word "geopolitical" caught my eye. At one point in their history, the German view (and attempt to practice) of Geopolitik soured the community of geographers on use of that term, with some preferring "political geography" as a substitute.

I also am intrigued by the word "bioregional". I take it you do not mean in the sense of,

Friedrich Ratzel (1844–1904), influenced by thinkers such as Darwin and zoologist Ernst Heinrich Haeckel, contributed to 'Geopolitik' by the expansion on the biological conception of geography, without a static conception of borders. Positing that states are organic and growing, with borders representing only a temporary stop in their movement, he held that the expanse of a state's borders is a reflection of the health of the nation—meaning that static countries are in decline.

Ratzel

As interesting as geopolitics can be, it unfortunately has a tendentious history as a discipline.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join