It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Uncovered 143 More Huge Ancient Drawings In Nazca, Peru

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Nazca, Peru has become famous for those who like to peer into the world of unsolved mysteries. Take for example the Nazca Lines, a series of large ancient geoglyphs ranging in size, with the largest being 1200 feet long. The world is full of interesting unsolved mysteries that question what we think we know about human history and new discoveries are constantly being made, many of which receive very little attention. This really goes to show just how little we know of human history and how new discoveries show us that there are so many variables that we really need to take into consideration when contemplating it.

Modern Technology has revealed more ancient findings and these are somewhat different than previous related geoglyphs. These things have always fascinated us with their size, achievement and meaning. Were they displays to the skies or just some type of representative expression? Do they have astronomical relation?

The latest news is that scientists have recently uncovered 143 more giant ancient drawings in Peru. They did so with the help of artificial intelligence and satellites. Researchers spotted a number of ‘geoglyphs’ depicting animals, people and objects. (source)

Pterodactyl and giant snake?

The discovery comes via a team of researchers from Yamagata University in Japan. These new geoglyphs were identified through fieldwork and analyzing high-resolution 3D data, among other activities conducted up to 2018. The biomorphic geoglyphs are thought to date back to at least 100 BC to AD 300. Additionally, in a feasibility study carried out from 2018 to 2019 together with IBM Japan, the university discovered one new geoglyph by developing an AI model on the AI server IBM Power System AC922 configured with the deep learning platform IBM Watson Machine Learning Community Edition (formerly known as IBM PowerAI) . This study explored the feasibility of AI’s potential to discover new lines, and introduced the capability to process large volumes of data with AI, including high-resolution aerial photos, at high speeds. This represented the first glyph at the site discovered by an AI. (Press release).

Illuminated individual with their pet ?

A mask of some sort?

Shaman or jester?

??????

Looks like a dinosaur -
Mokele-mbembe ? but the timeline wouldn't match, would it?

-Source
-Additional perspective on Nazca Lines in general - theories
edit on 3amf30472130 by waftist because: adding

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Really cool, thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure that 1st one looks like a pterodactyl, but that next one definitely looks like a giant snake eating a person.

And the next one down looks like a kid trick or treating.

The last one does appear to be a dinosaur.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The two headed snake is a very common ancient symbol. I wish we knew what caused many ancient cultures to revere this symbol.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The two headed snake is a very common ancient symbol. I wish we knew what caused many ancient cultures to revere this symbol.

Good question, although I initially perceived that drawing as a snake eating human and the defecation thereof...but I can see it both ways.
Ran across this informative article on the subject.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

edit on 20-11-2019 by ByteChanger because: fallout

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

The Nazca Lines are so fascinating! What a great mystery to speculate on. The "pet" in that 2nd image down looks none too happy... looks like a trapped being/soul to me

Thanks for sharing!!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

One of the most intriguing things behind the Nazca Lines is the fact that when scientists/archaeologists think these were made, there was no way to see them from above. So what was their point?

Personally, I think human civilization has been wiped out and restarted three or four times. All they left behind for us were mysteries to theorize about. And I believe we walked with dinosaurs, too.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I do not see the snake as having 2 heads. I see one head eating humans and the bottom end dumping the humans out. In other words I see a sky comet bringing death. But that's just me.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The two headed snake / snakes are often depicted coiling around each other, kind of like the double helix of DNA (strands) coil around each other. Were the ancients more informed than we generally think they were?

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That dinosaur lines up with those rocks that have dinosaurs carved into them. They dont seem so fake after all.

Ica Stones
edit on 20-11-2019 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The fossil record says otherwise.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The fossil record says otherwise.

How much do you trust the accuracy of dating a fossil?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

the more stuff i see, the more i think this is going on, and what sucks is, the bad guys on top know, are preparing for it, and they will make it out, letting everyone else go kaput.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: jjkenobi

The two headed snake / snakes are often depicted coiling around each other, kind of like the double helix of DNA (strands) coil around each other. Were the ancients more informed than we generally think they were?

Hmmm.

Well, the 'serpent' in the Garden of Eden gave the forbidden knowledge to Eve. Is there some kind of link between the knowledge and the DNA helix? Hence the symbolism.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Second from the bottom is a guy attesting to his strength. The big spiral is a boulder on his shoulder.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Are you going to argue with paleontologists and geologists who both will say the exact same thing.

It's not about the dating methods, it's the locations they are found in, type of rock, strata, etc. which is in itself a dating method and is pretty accurate.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

the more stuff i see, the more i think this is going on, and what sucks is, the bad guys on top know, are preparing for it, and they will make it out, letting everyone else go kaput.

If it all goes to pot, I think we'll have more on our side than they will. Those on the front line of our military are middle class citizens like the rest of us, with a little more knowledge but not as much as the elites. I think we'd have their help.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Are you going to argue with paleontologists and geologists who both will say the exact same thing.

It's not about the dating methods, it's the locations they are found in, type of rock, strata, etc. which is in itself a dating method and is pretty accurate.

Yes I would argue with them. Who determines the accuracy of the methods or the date of the location of the fossil?

I'm by no means trying to argue with you, I just don't buy into the methods we think are accurate. Who was there 100,000,000 years ago to take notes on what the soil was like? Who knew that something cataclysmic didn't happen and cause certain layers to be disturbed or changed or something else that would throw said methods off?

Science is a great thing, but it's all based on theories. Scientists tried to tell us that the human footprint found below the dinosaur footprint in Texas was really a bird footprint that was disfigured after the wind moved it around and caused it to look human. They told us the London Hammer was a hoax. How far are they willing to go to make us think we were the first and only civilization?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In Ica Peru dinosaur images appear on small carved rocks found by
Peruvian physician Javier Cabrera Darquea in 1966 in caves. Studied
and called fake but wait - there is dinosaurs depicted with men.

Marie Rieche would fawn over the new glyphs - including a dinosaur.
Maybe they will find more glyphs.

Interesting the climate in Nazca is so stable that the ground has
been undisturbed by rain and wind and snow and ice. But according
to Brien Forester who just did a flyover of Nazca is that trucks and
people walking and driving in the desert is deteriorating the area.

It is possible that the glyphs were constructed just after the last
ice-age when the climate became more or less unchanging.
This was a time when megalithic societies existed, flying
was done, flying machines were depicted in carvings in Inca
and Egyptian images carved in stone and in some small items.

a reply to: [post=24773474]galaga
edit on 20-11-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2019 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

One of the most intriguing things behind the Nazca Lines is the fact that when scientists/archaeologists think these were made, there was no way to see them from above.

Of course there was. The gods would have no problem seeing them. At least that's what the people who built them probably believed.
edit on 22/11/19 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

top topics

join