It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did god destroy all the big prehistoric creature(dinosaurs) with big teeths?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

They didn't all die.
Many are still here they just look very different from what they once where.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I thought you religious types believed that dinosaur bones were a trick put here by God to deceive us into thinking the Earth was more than, say, 10,000 years old? Or maybe you are the type who believes that dinosaurs lived alongside Adam and Eve and their descendants relatively recently? So, did dinosaurs not make it onto Noah's Ark? Were they too big?

That's what I'm guessing. Noah left the dinosaurs behind because he wasn't able to build a big enough Ark. Make sense? Could also explain why some prehistoric sea creatures still exist.

If the great flood happened, and the land dino's all died, it make sense. What doesn't make sense would be how all the prehistoric whales, dolphins and sea life dying unless most historic sea life is a lie. Wouldn't they be able to still live with the great flood happening? The case of moby dick is that it was a prehistoric whale, not the ones we have right now. There are current myths of Nessie and megalodan still alive. So where did the Mosasaurus all went, etc(sea monsters)?
edit on 19-11-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As seen on TV.....

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: makemap
Didn't you get the memo? Dinosaur bones were buried in the ground to test your faith.

They never actually existed. Duh!

#ChristiansAgainstDinosaurs' Kristen Auclair agrees with this statement.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Why did god destroy all the big prehistoric creature(dinosaurs) with big teeths?

Did we do it or god did it? What do you think? Can you imagine brontosaurus still alive and people riding on them like the elephants. What about all those prehistoric whales, dolphins and dinosaurs? Is it on purpose to protect us from them? But, then again no one would be starving with such giant creatures to hunt for food. Why have they gone extinct? Get your brontosaurus meat steak for $5.

I mean I can get the carnivorous ones, probably to protect us from being eaten when roaming the Earth. But, Vegetarian dinosaurs. They are also gone.

Subscribe to The Atheist Experience, Amazing Atheist and Talk Heathen. You should have your answer soon thereafter 👍🏻

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: [post=24771298]Kurokage[/post

The Dino's died out mainly from a meteor/comet strike.

We think... maybe... probably.

I really hope you're joking and my sense of humour is on the fritz today?

Scientific America article

This links has some nice pictures to help.
Natural History Museum

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: darkbake
I thought you religious types believed that dinosaur bones were a trick put here by God to deceive us into thinking the Earth was more than, say, 10,000 years old? Or maybe you are the type who believes that dinosaurs lived alongside Adam and Eve and their descendants relatively recently? So, did dinosaurs not make it onto Noah's Ark? Were they too big?

That's what I'm guessing. Noah left the dinosaurs behind because he wasn't able to build a big enough Ark. Make sense? Could also explain why some prehistoric sea creatures still exist.

If the great flood happened, and the land dino's all died, it make sense. What doesn't make sense would be how all the prehistoric whales, dolphins and sea life dying unless most historic sea life is a lie. Wouldn't they be able to still live with the great flood happening? The case of moby dick is that it was a prehistoric whale, not the ones we have right now. There are current myths of Nessie and megalodan still alive. So where did the Mosasaurus all went, etc(sea monsters)?

Where did you ever get that Moby Dick was prehistoric? It was an old Sperm whale, and for the record, Moby Dick is FICTION. Herman Melville made it up. Secondly, the so-called "Great Flood" was likely a rise in sea level percipitated by melting ice as the last Ice Age waned about 12,000 years ago. Don't confuse that with a meteor/comet that landed 66 million years ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Hi KK.
Hope your sense of humour is feeling better. Would you like a coffee ?

Seems to me that that whole scenario fits better in the 'maybe sorta-kinda' realm, than anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin
My sense of humour thanks you for the well wishes.
The meteor strike and the consequences for all life on Earth after said event didn't leave much room for the 'maybe-sorta-kinda' scenario. If it wasn't for that event, humans may not have had the "space" to evolve.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Actually Moby Dick is based upon a real event, there was a history channel or Discovery maybe,program about a whale sinking a whaling ship and the ordeals of the survivors
a reply to: schuyler

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Yeah. That's what they think, probably maybe happened, sorta-kindaish.
There is nothing sure about it really, just our best guess, for now.
Until some new evidence comes-around, and they react by changing the theory.

We don't 'know' what happened some 66, or so million years ago.
What do you call it, when folks believe to 'know' things, that are essentially 'unknowable' ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have always wondered if it could be something simple as a change in earth's gravity. There were a lot of ancient dinosaurs/reptiles that were 55 lbs or lighter that survived just fine. It was mostly the larger breeds that went extinct including the huge flora.

But I guess that would open another huge can of worms.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Simple the bible is wrong and god had nothing to do with it!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

who the fork said anything about angels you weirdo.

Electric universe theory? Supervolcano? Ancient high technological civilization attempting to mine asteroids and the math was off?

Also yes: "we think, maybe" because everyone seems to fail to realize that's how science works. Even if its a really strong "probably" it will ALWAYS be just "probably" never "definitely".

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

The Dinosaurs were just part of the "living library" experiment involving the progression of the reptile specie. They grew too large and were going to starve to death (eat themselves out of an environment that could not sustain them). They had be destroyed in a merciful way. These purges have happened over and over again on this planet because it is a petri dish for material animated life experimentation.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

How about Someone really smart had EVERYTHING to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join