It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY's Jailbreak Legislation Will Free Criminals From Prison Before Trial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

right? I agree, and none of those were charges that mentioned.

They are in the original source article.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Right.

I said, "I'm simply pointing out that some of the scary sounding charges that you listed don't mean a person is inherently a violent person, or one that would reasonably be considered a threat to society."

I didn't say, "all of the scary sounding charges that you listed don't mean a person is inherently a violent person, or one that would reasonably be considered a threat to society."

I'm kinda shocked that reading comprehension seems to be such a lost art that people need the difference between "some" and "all" explained.

Naturally, think it's crazy that pedo charges, or terrorist threats would be released. Those would reasonably considered a threat to society.

edit on 11/19/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
You are going to have to figure it out now wont you.

The simple fact is that millions and millions of good Americans have been wrongfully imprisoned by a crooked bastardised System for over 40 years.....between the Thin Blue Line and Luciferian Child Eaters and the Prisons for Profit monsters...and bastardised Judges and inept intentionally bastardised laws designed to create and cause turmoil not solve problems America was being ripped apart from the inside out.

Refine the laws now --- fix them....this is the point....the disgusting crimes that are now being deemed non-violent need to be changed and this is the only way to find that change....let em all go and start again this time doing it right.

The idea here is to RECOGNISE that a lot of these criminals who have been deemed non-violent need to be re-addressed and laws surrounding them need to be changed....this forces change....this forces everyday regular pople to now ask for change...for firmer remediations…..for separation of these types of crimes into their own non-humanitarian category.

The bottom line is that millions and millions of Americans were unjustly and in many cases illegally imprisoned for proift….MILLIONS....there was no way to help these people...good people....now there is....the people who needed to stay behind bars will re-offend....but this time when they get sentenced there will be no mulligans....under new improved reformed laws that will NOT be re-releasing them and letting them drain the Legal Systems energy … and the people who do not belong in custody will not be put there.....this is a MASSIVE MOVE TO REPATRIATE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF IMPORTANT FORGOTTEN AMERICANS...….now those who were wrongfully convicted and jailed KNOW WHO HAS HELPED THEM AND HOW TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST THOSE WHO HURT THEM.....support their president.....that is what they have all learned....fight the Fke News and Global Cabal that used that media to form fraudulent laws that put these people behind bars in the first place....these newly freed people now have a job to do....become Americans again...vote for the man who changed history to help you...come back to your Country and be a part of making it stronger...understand that JUST HAVING YOU BACK HASALREADY MADE AMERICA STRONGER.....know you are needed and wanted and that WE ALL KNOW YOUR WERE IN MOST CASES RAILROADED BY A FIXED SYSTEM....well that System has been taken apart forever and a NEw System is now being put in place...one based on American justice and American truth...and to those who are now being released who flaunt your freedom and plan to re-offend....next time for Anti-Humanitarian type crimes against women and children and helpless people you may not ever get out.....but for sure you will not be in a Prison full of decent people who have been railroaded and are not a threat to you...you will now be with your own kind and it will not be pretty for you.

America is leading the way for other Countries like Canada who have been bastardised the same ways America was attacked.

Based on Anti-Humanitarian grounds any crime against a human being should carry a finite non-negotiable sentence designed to remove you from society not to reform you...the intention clearly to be to remove you completely...no parloe ...no deals...straight time.

Based on Humanitarian grounds property/drug crimes should no longer be considered in the same realm as Anti-humanitarian crimes...if you steal or damage property you will compensate the victims from a Workcamp..no jail time...you work it off and you become better educated about work and finance and business....if you are caught WITH DRUGS IN YOUR SYSTEM NOT POCKET you will be incarcerated in a Re-Hab until you are clean and educated about the history and impacts of the drugs you were doing ...zero jail time for you for the drugs....based upon Humanitarian grounds.
edit on 19-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

You said “none of those were charges that mentioned.”

I’m kinda shocked that you complain about people not reading what you write, and then when somebody does read what you write, typos and all, you complain about that as well.

The charges in question were mentioned. Perhaps not by you, but I simply read what you wrote and responded.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You said “none of those were charges that mentioned.”

My mistake. None of those were charges that *I* mentioned.

Thanks for the direct quite so that the confusion could be addressed.

The responses were quite odd considering my childhood friend's tale had nothing to do with pedophilia, or terrorist threats. Context should have made that clear, but the missing "I" was certainly a typo on my part.
edit on 11/19/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Either coumo is plain old nuts or he is trying to make people fear more by releasing criminals like that. He will use that fear to solicit taxes to fuel more police officers and create a true police state. Both nuts and sly as a fox?

Other then his body guards in the State Police, little andy doesn't care at all for the police themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wow, the point of this law went over the OP's head.

The US leads the world in incarcerations, this is due to a broken legal system. The point of this law is to help people who can not afford bail to not have to sit in jail until their trial, if they do not pose a threat to society. It is a major problem throughout the US.

The OP went full blown alt-right, pro police and prison state with his rhetoric.

This bill is not going to release a bunch of violent people as a result.
edit on 19-11-2019 by jrod because: A

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

-Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
-Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
-Promoting a sexual performance by a child

Just in time for what's coming. How conveeeenient.

Now the pervs won't have to spend a single night in jail. Isn't that special.

ETA - If only Epstein would have waited a few more months before he..uh.."killed" himself. Under these laws, he wouldn't have even spent a day in jail, right? He would be alive (maybe) and two guards would not now be in serious trouble.

edit on 19-11-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Wow, the point of this law went over the OP's head.

The US leads the world in incarcerations, this is due to a broken legal system. The point of this law is to help people who can not afford bail to not have to sit in jail until their trial, if they do not pose a threat to society. It is a major problem throughout the US.

The OP went full blown alt-right, pro police and prison state with his rhetoric.

Yes, the legal system is broken. I know some people who drink and break minor laws. They know the penalties they will get, probation instead of jail time other than the couple of days in jail till the trial. They drive without a license or insurance and drink and know that there is no blood in a turnip so it doesn't matter if they get a ticket. So they drive around with a car without registration and insurance and all they get is probation if they are caught, plus a fine that just goes to a collection agency and if they stay unemployed, they never have to worry about paying it. The state picks up the tab for their breathalizer and drug testings the court sticks on them and they know ways to beat those tests. I also know ways that can neutralize the bad results, simple supplements or food chemistry can show less in their system which may bring levels into the legal range most times.

But I will not say what I know, I learned some of what I know from people talking about ways to fool the tests so I researched it and it is true, those tests can be fooled unless too much of the drugs are in the system. Alcohol detox can also be induced with common foods to make it so the levels are less. Methyl and ethyl use the same way of avoiding detection and canceling out the buzz.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

What about the child SEXUAL PREDATORS who will be released from prison, thanks to this new law? You think that they don't pose a threat to children? Oh, wait, you must think it's OK, because sexually assaulting kids isn't "non-violent." Explain how anyone can take you serious?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The point of this law is to help people who can not afford bail to not have to sit in jail until their trial, if they do not pose a threat to society.

Interesting choice of words, since most folks would argue that people who commit burglaries, robberies, encourage minors to participate in sex acts on film, etc. do indeed pose a threat to society.

Perhaps if people can’t afford the bail bonds associated with felony acts they should y’know....not commit them. The whole point of bond is to be set at a level that ensures a person shows up to court. ROR bonds generally don’t do that for people who commit felonies as a way of life.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I don't know why democrats are so hell bent on turning America into a third world country, but if you can survive with the cost of living up there, now's the time to get the hell out and come south where you can buy a house twice as big for half the cost and live more comfortable than you've ever lived. Once that state is gone, it's gone for good. Same for California.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Your friend's circumstance probably represents about 0.03% of all those charged with such a crime.

This would also release a guy who topped a hill in Shreveport going over 100 mph just before he landed and gained more speed on the other side, hit a tree, and killed a friend of mine. I wouldn't want to see someone like that get out of jail.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

LMAO

‘Many’. are you serious when you type ‘many of the people who get charged with the below are non-violent’.

-Second-degree manslaughter
-Aggravated vehicular assault
-Criminally negligent homicide
-Aggravated vehicular homicide

Seriously???

Where you or a family member the kid that pulled the seat back?

I think any sane person who saw/heard someone get ran over by a car and died, would call that a violent act.

If someone ha a Permit to carry a gun and someone else causes the gun to go off and kills a 3rd person, would you call that a not a volumetric crime either???

I'm sure he'd want to see the guy who killed the antifa member with his car serve life though. But only because it was a white supremacist dude.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why does it appear that a lot of the charges given a walk at bail time seem to be pedo related?
edit on 19-11-2019 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Show me proof that this is happening. The bill was intended to release non-violent and ppl not A threat to society. If this is so, than that needs to change.

The OP's source is biased....so that is not proof.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The list of charges that no longer merit the accused being held on bail is just that: a list. It’s not biased because it’s a list.

So yes, people who posses, distribute, or produce pron involving people under the age of 17 will be released. Along with a litany of other types of people. So I guess it really comes down to who you consider to be “a threat to society.”

Seems you don’t consider many people at all to be that.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Alaska tried this stunt several years ago to reduce prison crowding and costs. Within a year the voters were calling for the change to be reversed and within 2 years we were DEMANDING it be reversed. The recidivism rates of the little thugs, meth freaks, crackheads, and other assholes went through the roof with many examples of someone already waiting for trial for a car theft or break in getting arrested (and released) several times before finally getting tried and jailed on the initial charge.

Alaska has fixed this now and, from where I stand. they did so in a wonderful manner. We're gonna start shipping our garbage to pay prisons in other states. Hopefully all who find themselves flown out of Alaska never find their way back into Alaska.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sort of a shame how far society has slipped, to be real honest. Not that long ago, certainly within the last 30 years, those predators were held awaiting trial for their own safety from society as much as for society's safety from them. Seems like a more logical, better system when you can count on society to deal with problems and filth those among us actually paid public dollars to do so shirk on their duties.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How is failure to register as a sex offender a violent crime?

I'm not defending sex offenders here, I am defending simple logic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join