It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will people still go out for Black Friday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Black Friday we put up our tree, decorate the house, drink lots of eggnog and schnapps.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The only times I've ever gone out for Black Friday were when I was working it. I have never, ever shopped it except to hit the grocery store a few times.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

This sounds beautiful and I am not suggesting you shouldn't do what you both find enjoyable, BUT, perhaps you could create a mutual shopping experience day that doesn't involve the BS that occurs on BF? I mean, it's you and your girl; wouldn't she be #ing thrilled to have your own special day that no one else celebrates?

I'm hereby designating the first Tuesday of every December as Bluntone22 and his little girl's special shopping day. We'll call it "Bluntday".

(until Bluntone22 dies in 2024 of liver failure, sorry)

(Edit: "until Bluntone22 dies in 2024 of liver failure, sorry". Oops, my bad....that's actually me!)

edit on 18-11-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: I mistook Bluntone22 dying of liver failure for my actual death

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

In this day and age of online ordering and rapid home delivery, why not just stay in the basement?

What we really need is Vantablack Friday!

edit on 18/11/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Unless it's a payday and we have to grocery shop or something similar basic household necessity, we do NOT go out on Black Friday. This year, hubby's payday falls on Black Friday. Rent's due on Sunday, so we'll be dropping that off Friday morning, hitting up the grocery store for any post-Thanksgiving Manager's Specials in the meat cooler (along with our normal grocery shopping there anyway) and then we're going home. Period. Traffic around the Grand Rapids metro is an absolute s#show from Black Friday through Christmas Eve, we try to stay home as much as possible during that stretch. And if we can't, we take neighborhood cut-throughs and stay off the main drags, and avoid the living crap out of the highways.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ah yes, Black Friday when people brag about getting a "60-inch flatscreen TV" for $350, MSRP $1,999 - blissfully unaware they are buying an outdated model that was most recently selling for $400, but now that a less-outdated model is $400, the price will never be seen above $350 again - Black Friday or not.

People will buy the perception of a deal. I work at a low-price, volume-leader car dealer. Our Black Friday deals equate to an additional value of about $150. In exchange for this perceived "usually great deal", people will wait for HOURS. Typically on a busy Saturday, customers are in and out in about 3 hours. On Black Friday, its more like 5 hours. Customers try to get an additional $5k off of the best pricing in the entire region "for Black Friday."

People actually believe businesses are looking to lose massive amounts of money "just cuz."

Don't be a sucker, stay away! (I do - annual family vacation, just in the nick of time!)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Don't be a sucker, stay away!

There are very few real deals to be had anymore. Most everything is cheaper online, seriously. People just don't know
how to comparison shop anymore. I know some still go out for the "thrill", but for me it just seems nutz.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I won’t be going out for “Black Friday”. It is definitely going to suck regardless of if someone is shooting at me or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My entire family has been going out for black friday the last few years.

Not to actually buy anything, just for the carnage.

It's more of our annual "purge" event. We get all decked out and just live for the opening door chaos. It's literally free reign out there. Running around, stomping over people, bashing someone in the face for a 20 dollar toy made in china. It's awesome.

We have a point system and we sit around the house and tally up the scores at the end of the day.
edit on 18-11-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Black Friday use to be good, now it is a scam, there is no good deals...I'll do online Monday instead...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

If ya gotta go I guess liver failure is as good of a way as any..

But seriously, my daughter is 17 now and we have had this tradition for a long time.
Not once have we seen anything but people having a good time.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You get it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The wife and I haven't gone out on black Friday for over a decade, it is crazy out there and I refuse to stand in line for hours to buy something for someone that they do not really need.

You are not saving any money if you are buying something that is not used or is used for a month and stuck in the basement or closet. I know lots of people who bought those new fangled electric automatic pressure cookers and all of them quit using them within a month or two, they sit in their kitchen cabinet or on the counter taking up room, maybe getting used once every three months. My daughter bought us one and I told her to return it, I would rather cook things in one of our big soup pots or in the pressure cooker if needed, we buy simple things that are easy to clean and will last for our whole lives, we even gave up the microwave, we liked it better without the microwave after our last one burned out, food tastes better reheated in the oven or in a pot on the stove we found.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I like to go to Frys, they have a ton of bins with really neat crap

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I went out on black Friday twice. But not to buy anything, it was for people watching. It was not only cheaper but great entertainment.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

If you were a mall cop i could see where your concern is coming from.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I went years ago just to see how people acted; I was not surprised but appalled how people behaved. For example almost crushing kids to get to some sheets of all things.

They were fighting over whose gets to pay money for some crap.

I imagined when there is real famine/strife how insane and cruel people could be. It was an eye opening study of humanity.

I may go again to see if anything has changed.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I might go out just for entertainment.

I was in a stampede a couple years ago. I had to get a Nintendo Wii and they were scarce. I was in the front of the line at target. They opened the doors and all hell broke loose. It was like being in a Pantera mosh pit. I made a mad dash to the electronic section to grab one.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I think I did one Black Friday decades ago. None since. There's no deal on earth worth enduring that cattle call.

edit on 19-11-2019 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

We're in the same camp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join