It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that dinosaurs lived on the other side of the Galaxy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just think
This galaxy is on a collision course with the Andromeda galaxy
"Game over , man" as the Milky Andromeda is formed.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
So she asumes that it was panspermia that brought them to earth, or was something else responsible?

a reply to: StallionDuck

What I assume it is about, having not watched the video, is the fact that the Galaxy is in orbit around it's own center, dinosaur's lived earlier in the earth's history so our entire solar system AND galactic arm a band of stars spanning out from the centre of our Galaxy was somewhere else at that time (but so too was out entire Galaxy?).

Of course not only does the Galaxy swirl around it's own center of mass but it probably orbit's in a dance with the other Galaxy's in it's Galactic cluster a group of close Galaxy's AND that entire cluster is also probably orbiting something else as it moves also at high speed as does the rest of the known universe.
In about 4 billion years our Milky Way Galaxy which is a large Galaxy itself is destined to collide with the Andromeda Galaxy and even larger spiral Galaxy and then if our solar system - though by that time it will be a very ancient solar system moving toward the end of it's life as our sun will then be in it's last phase - will become a part of an alien Galaxy.

Our own Galaxy has also devoured smaller Galaxy's in the past but it was probably nothing like the train crash of the Milky way being devoured by the Andromeda Galaxy will be.

Panspermia is a good point though, you know if that could be proven and life could be proven to have existed in some form VERY early in the universe history back when space itself was much warmer and there was probably more gas per cubic meter than maybe life forms in such an early universe could have moved around like fish in water or birds in the air chemosynthetically supporting there metabolism, if they were ever more than simple single celled organism's.

Unlikely I know but my science fictional itch is playing up and I would love to see an early universe teeming with life, space faring manta ray like creatures swimming the void as the very earliest stars illuminated the sky in a much warmer mostly hydrogen cosmic soup.
Whole set of fictional story's could be based on that, even living star ship's colonized space creatures that developed a symbiotic relationship with early sentient being's and even organic UFO's still faring the empty void of space today having adapted to long dormancy as they migrate between distant stars and nebula the Galaxy's having taken the role of living warm reef's in the sterile cold ocean of space.

Though of course if Panspermia is correct it is most likely simply tiny organism's such as bacteria in a spore state that may hitch a ride on comet's and other body's having survived from an earlier epoch in the universe, perhaps even a long destroyed ancient solar system that once orbited another star were another earth may have given rise to now long lost ancient life except for these tiny castaways upon the cosmic sea that having somehow survived the destruction of there planet have been blown outward into the cosmos, or perhaps in that early universe when thing's were warmer and the first organic molecules came into being life somehow existed swarming in the warmth between and around early stars and planets, not so much a pool of organic chemical's as life forming in the living womb of a very early universe.

Imagine alien angel's, winged being's soaring in the warm gas rich space between the early stars in a much younger universe, long lived space manta ray's and huge space wales consuming the microscopic particles of dust and gas like giant space versions of the blue whales as they swam in that early cosmic ocean.

All doomed to sleep or become planet bound on the few world's were life could survive in some form as the universe cooled in those early ages of it's existence and expanded outward the rich sea of space becoming sparse and cold.

edit on 18-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thnx for the elaborate explanation, but what I still fail to see is what the point of the video is. I watched it twice, and it’s saying our solarsystem was at another point (approx. the opposite side of out galactic center) of our galaxy, because it rotates with the spiral arms of our galaxy. But what it does not mention is how the frigging dinosaurs got to be on earth? Was it panspermia we picked up at that particular location (position) of our solarsystem in our galaxy, or was it just where our solar system was at when dinosaur evolved? What the hell am I missing?

a reply to: LABTECH767

edit on 18-11-2019 by 2Faced because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Thnx for the elaborate explanation, but what I still fail to see is what the point of the video is. I watched it twice, and it’s saying our solarsystem was at another point (approx. the opposite side of out galactic center) of our galaxy, because it rotates with the spiral arms of our galaxy. But what it does not mention is how the frigging dinosaurs got to be on earth? Was it panspermia we picked up at that particular location (position) of our solarsystem in our galaxy, or was it just where our solar system was at when dinosaur evolved? What the hell am I missing?

a reply to: LABTECH767

You had it right on the latter side, she is simply explaining that at the height of the reign of dinosaurs, our solar system was in the same vicinity of the galaxy as the solar system is today. Panspermia has nothing at all to do with this. Hope that simplified things.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
You had it right on the latter side, she is simply explaining that at the height of the reign of dinosaurs, our solar system was in the same vicinity of the galaxy as the solar system is today. Panspermia has nothing at all to do with this. Hope that simplified things.

No, don't tell them that! Just let them go on arguing about panspermia and how material from the other side of the galaxy would likely never get here. From there. Which used to be here. It's funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join