It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is literally no positive outcome that can result from Trump releasing his tax returns.

The Romney example is great because I never even heard he did it (and I obviously was against Romney). It was a 'nothingburger' quickly forgotten about.

Every one of those reasons you listed would be viewed as a positive by Trump supporters. As it stands now, for the very very VERY small amount of people still undecided in whatever fashion, there is only the unanswered question of why he didn't release it, and what on it that he doesn't want people to see.

I think a lot fewer people care about his taxes than you believe.

The left has spent 3 years of doing absolutely nothing except trying to overturn the election. Don't you get tired of hearing about this crap? I hate doing my taxes....the last thing I would ever want is to read someone else's which is likely much more complicated than mine and done by professional tax preps.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LSU2018

Shed light on possible donors? I guess transparency was a lie on his part. Oh well, nothing illegal about being opaque.

Trump uses air quotes when he says transparency so it's OK.

And sure he said he wouldn't release them because the irs was auditing him, and now not really, but pfff... Hilary...
And he brought back coal industry.. Into complete bankruptcy.

Trump has 4 ch11s in his book, not sure why.

And Trump has nothing to hide, he's the man for the little people, the white knight in honesty. He just doesn't like people testifying or showing his shady financial dealings, which are all legit of course.

😂

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

There is literally no positive outcome that can result from Trump releasing his tax returns.

The Romney example is great because I never even heard he did it (and I obviously was against Romney). It was a 'nothingburger' quickly forgotten about.

Every one of those reasons you listed would be viewed as a positive by Trump supporters. As it stands now, for the very very VERY small amount of people still undecided in whatever fashion, there is only the unanswered question of why he didn't release it, and what on it that he doesn't want people to see.

I think a lot fewer people care about his taxes than you believe.

The left has spent 3 years of doing absolutely nothing except trying to overturn the election. Don't you get tired of hearing about this crap? I hate doing my taxes....the last thing I would ever want is to read someone else's which is likely much more complicated than mine and done by professional tax preps.

I don't think a lot fewer really.

In my previous post I state its only a 'very very VERY few' who would care or be affected by it at all. I'm mostly making the argument from the angle of suspicion over Trump not wanting anyone to see his tax returns.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Strawman. Of course there is no law. It isn't about that. It is about him saying he would and reneging.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Did I not JUST say that there's nothing illegal about being opaque? Reading comprehension my friend. No one ever said it was illegal to hide your financials and possible conflicts of interest, it's totally legal to hide those things from the public, just don't claim to be transparent when you're clearly not.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What is really sad, is when the impeachment thing completely implodes and disappears, this tax thing will be the next cry....its like groundhog day.

Dems will never win another Presidential seat for the next 5 elections. All they can talk about on their nonexistent tours is Trump and free stuff. That is literally all they speak of. I am looking forward to them tearing eachother completely apart before the 2020 elections and then the faked confusion of not know why Ttump won again.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Why the bloody hell should he?

Is this only important to you because he has a right not to and is saying no, or do you just want dirt, any dirt, even a spec to add to your mound of mud you are making to sling from?

Because thars all it is. Mud.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Nothing burger? You obviously weren't paying attention during the 2012 election then if you think that... it isn't about finding something illegal. It is being able to lob accusations about something that is complex to the average person who doesn't have the ability to know it is BS.

Harry Reid got up on the Senate floor and straight up lied about Mitt Romney not paying taxes for about 10 years. When this was proven false, Harry Reid quipped "He didn't win, did he?" which tells you all you need to know about this play the Democrats are running.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Ha...you're funny. Did you get to keep your doctor?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Do you not care about possible conflicts of interest? Or do you blindly believe billionaire politicians for no other reason than "the media said mean things about him"? 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You mean you wouldn't have. But here we are, hey..

See, that's how it's supposed to work. Not by cheating, lying, corruption or 'by any means necessary, but by people voting.

And your side lost.

link   

a reply to: gallop

Do you not care about possible conflicts of interest? Or do you blindly believe billionaire politicians for no other reason than "the media said mean things about him"? 🤣

I find it odd we are concerned about the taxes of a wealthy billionaire. A guy who is essentially risking his fortune being office. Meanwhile, we don't seem to care that congress and senators come into office broke yet somehow all leave millionaires.

link   

originally posted by: gallop

Is this only important to you because he has a right not to and is saying no, or do you just want dirt, any dirt, even a spec to add to your mound of mud you are making to sling from?

Well, I honestly believe he's most likely guilty of doing shady # to hide his assets and pay little/no taxes. Understandably that doesn't matter to his supporters, but for me personally there's few things that get me white hot angry than a rich person cheating the system to get richer.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

For a stay while both sides present arguments.

I can't tell if you are attempting to deliberately mislead people or if you yourself didn't read the judgement well enough....

Deliberately mislead what? They issued a stay...that is called a win. We can see what the response is whenever/if it comes. I posted the single page judgement so everyone can read it.

Clinging to hope hurts doesn't it....

Because you are making this sound like Turmps tax returns are now safe and forever sacrosanct and won't see the light of day.

That isn't the case. The SC has blocked releasing the tax returns while Trumps lawyers deliver further arguments why they should remain hidden.

All that's occurred is a delay (and its ironic you've been so coy/reticent to explain it plainly/simply). The most likely explanation in this case is because you've posted this primarily as propaganda rather than openly/honestly.

this is the OP:

So this is bound to get some people riled up. The Supreme Court sided with Trump on the stay for his taxes.

Trump's lawyers requested a stay while they wait for a decision from the higher court. What did the OP misrepresent?

All I can see is poor reading comprehension on your part.

link   

I see what you're saying, since Obama lied that means Trump can lie too! Great logic you've got going there. Don't be surprised when Democrats use the same precedent next time.

If Hillary (or whatever other Democrat) is elected and refuses to release her/their tax returns I'm sure you'll be right by her/their side defending her/them. Right? 🤣
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Nothing burger? You obviously weren't paying attention during the 2012 election then if you think that... it isn't about finding something illegal. It is being able to lob accusations about something that is complex to the average person who doesn't have the ability to know it is BS.

Harry Reid got up on the Senate floor and straight up lied about Mitt Romney not paying taxes for about 10 years. When this was proven false, Harry Reid quipped "He didn't win, did he?" which tells you all you need to know about this play the Democrats are running.

A 'Nothingburger' insomuch as I don't think it affected Romney's numbers by any great stretch. Of course we're arguing over something that can't easily be proven, so suffice to say I respect your opinion on the matter but simply disagree.

link   

Well, I honestly believe he's most likely guilty of doing shady # to hide his assets and pay little/no taxes. Understandably that doesn't matter to his supporters, but for me personally there's few things that get me white hot angry than a rich person cheating the system to get richer.

You don't think the IRS would have uncovered something? If the IRS has not accused Trump of tax fraud (and you know he has been audited a bunch of times) what makes you think some other group is going to uncover something?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Risking his fortune by siphoning tax payer money into his own resorts? He's hardly risking anything at all. He's building his brand one Tweet at a time.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I see what you're saying, since Obama lied that means Trump can lie too! Great logic you've got going there. Don't be surprised when Democrats use the same precedent next time.

If Hillary (or whatever other Democrat) is elected and refuses to release her/their tax returns I'm sure you'll be right by her/their side defending her. Right? 🤣

Except Obama's lie affected millions of people. Trumps taxes affect absolutely nobody.

And I also don't care if any of them release their taxes.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You don't think the IRS would have uncovered something? If the IRS has not accused Trump of tax fraud (and you know he has been audited a bunch of times) what makes you think some other group is going to uncover something?

I think the IRS likely missed whatever shady doings Trump completed. I have been privy to a couple audits of acquaintances of mine and in both cases the IRS missed some pretty damning stuff that could have hurt them both much worse if it had been caught.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join