It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So this is bound to get some people riled up. The Supreme Court sided with Trump on the stay for his taxes.

Source

The Supreme Court on Monday temporarily blocked a ruling that requires an accounting firm to turn President Donald Trump’s tax returns over to Congress.
The order signed by Chief Justice John Roberts gives the Democratic-controlled House Committee on Oversight and Reform until Thursday to respond. The document did not note any public votes or dissents.

Earlier in the day, attorneys for House Democrats said in a letter they would not oppose a temporary delay in enforcing the subpoena to allow the court time to consider arguments on both sides. The committee said in the letter that it would provide its response on Friday. 
A spokesperson for the committee did not provide comment following the chief justice’s order. The justices are scheduled to meet in a private conference on Friday.

edit on 11/18/19 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
For a stay while both sides present arguments.

I can't tell if you are attempting to deliberately mislead people or if you yourself didn't read the judgement well enough....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Supreme Court sided with Trump on the stay for his taxes.

A stay you say?
Interesting.....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I can't tell if you are attempting to deliberately mislead people or if you yourself didn't read the judgement well enough....

Deliberately mislead what? They issued a stay...that is called a win. We can see what the response is whenever/if it comes. I posted the single page judgement so everyone can read it.

Clinging to hope hurts doesn't it....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yeah, our taxes are like 50% of take-home.
-the only thing that matters, not these bs sport division articles.
I can't handle all this winning!!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

What does a parody video have to do with this at all?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is that adam schiff, king of the parody???

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
'' temporarily blocked''

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The Supreme Court sided with Trump on the stay for his taxes.

A stay you say?
Interesting.....

We'll be in President Trump's second term before a final ruling is issued. SCOTUS is backlogged badly.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Deliberately mislead what? They issued a stay...that is called a win. We can see what the response is whenever/if it comes. I posted the single page judgement so everyone can read it.

Because you are making this sound like Turmps tax returns are now safe and forever sacrosanct and won't see the light of day.

That isn't the case. The SC has blocked releasing the tax returns while Trumps lawyers deliver further arguments why they should remain hidden.

All that's occurred is a delay (and its ironic you've been so coy/reticent to explain it plainly/simply). The most likely explanation in this case is because you've posted this primarily as propaganda rather than openly/honestly.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Democrats will need a water tight argument to get Trump's tax returns. They are asking the SC to trample over an individuals rights. If they want them they will have to show compelling evidence that a crime has been committed. I doubt they have any such evidence.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
But haven't we heard from potus that he would ''gladly'' hand over his tax reports? Didn't he say this a number of times in the past? He kept saying that it was only because he was under audit that he had not done so yet. Am I imagining this?

Yet, though saying he would gladly release his tax statements, he fights it at every single turn. It has been , what now'' three years, four? .

No, it looks to me that if those were released we would know more about the fraud that Trump truly is.

link   

Because you are making this sound like Turmps tax returns are now safe and forever sacrosanct and won't see the light of day.

That isn't the case. The SC has blocked releasing the tax returns while Trumps lawyers deliver further arguments why they should remain hidden.

All that's occurred is a delay (and its ironic you've been so coy/reticent to explain it plainly/simply). The most likely explanation in this case is because you've posted this primarily as propaganda rather than openly/honestly.

The order signed by Chief Justice John Roberts gives the Democratic-controlled House Committee on Oversight and Reform until Thursday to respond.

That says the ball is back in the Democrat court, not Trumps.

link   
Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But haven't we heard from potus that he would ''gladly'' hand over his tax reports? Didn't he say this a number of times in the past? He kept saying that it was only because he was under audit that he had not done so yet. Am I imagining this?

Yet, though saying he would gladly release his tax statements, he fights it at every single turn. It has been , what now'' three years, four? .

No, it looks to me that if those were released we would know more about the fraud that Trump truly is.

Trump has since said he will not release his returns. That's smart because Democrats have shown they that can create criminal cases out of thin air. If Democrats want a bullet, they'll need to fight for it. They won't be handed it.

We all know - inlcuding you - that the MSM and Democrats would pour over the returns and create headlines based on innuendo and speculation. It's already happend. Maddow got 1 year and created a whole Russian collusion conspiracy show out of nothing. I know you don't have the integrity to admit you already know that, but it's true nonetheless - and precisely the reason why Trump should not release his returns.

edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

In other words, a WIN.

That was the point, to keep the House from unquestionably "taking" and we got the hold.

Obviously, if this was such a tight slam dunk issue, the SC would have simply dismissed it, but seeing as how the House has been exposing itself as a weaponized institution, the SC validated Trumps appeal and offered more time for more explainations in the why.

You spin to dismiss that is simply the leftist in you, expected 😌

link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yeah, our taxes are like 50% of take-home.
-the only thing that matters, not these bs sport division articles.
I can't handle all this winning!!

What country do you live in ?
50% Federal taxes.
Venezuela ?

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

The IRS.
Think about it - from 2015 when Trump decided to run all teh way to 2017, Obama was President. I'm pretty certain the IRS would have been looking into Trump in some detail. WE know Obama liked to use the IRS to target conservatives.

edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

In other words, a WIN.

That was the point, to keep the House from unquestionably "taking" and we got the hold.

Obviously, if this was such a tight slam dunk issue, the SC would have simply dismissed it, but seeing as how the House has been exposing itself as a weaponized institution, the SC validated Trumps appeal and offered more time for more explainations in the why.

You spin to dismiss that is simply the leftist in you, expected 😌

How am I spinning it. I've only listed the facts. The only one who's spun anything (via some colorful explanation) is you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join