It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee On The UFO Phenomenon Altering Our Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I just watched a fascinating YouTube video featuring Jacques Vallee, that was posted on October 29.

In this short 6 minute clip, Vallee discusses whether or not the UFO phenomenon comes from the "outside" (our physical reality), or from the "inside" (within our conscious minds).

Vallee states that if the UFO phenomenon comes from the "outside," it could alter our reality and express itself through the use of drugs, consciousness impressions, our belief systems or through physiology means.

If the UFO phenomenon comes from within us, then it would make us question the concept of reality itself.

Vallee mentions that there are physicists who believe "that time and space don't really exist as real entities," but emerge from consciousness, "taking notice of our own experiences." If this is true, then it's possible that we are creating our own perceived reality, which may open up a new way of approaching the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Or consciousness itself is not an "inside" phenomenon but emerges from the interactions of the various fields creating the universe as we see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Having read a fair amount of books and other material re: the UFO phenomenon, I believe the two deepest thinkers were/are John Keel and Jacques Vallée. Their willingness to sidestep what seemed obvious and probe the question of what UFOs are and where they might come from, outlined directions of research for others to take.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

What? Please explain again. Interested in what you have to say but that is not clear to me. Thanx

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Having read a fair amount of books and other material re: the UFO phenomenon, I believe the two deepest thinkers were/are John Keel and Jacques Vallée. Their willingness to sidestep what seemed obvious and probe the question of what UFOs are and where they might come from, outlined directions of research for others to take.

The inter-dimensional hypothesis was even briefly mentioned by Luis Elizondo in one interview about the To The Stars Academy, but it's not something news channels, tabloids and the slobbering masses would latch onto.

Can you imagine...?

"Today the world powers confirmed that Time and Space don't really exist as real entities, but emerge from consciousness, taking notice of our own experiences. We are therefore creating our own perceived reality about UFOs.

Now, here's Grok with the weather..."

"Thanks, Bob. Well, a cold spell of perceived reality will be approaching from the East..."

edit on 17-11-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

What? Please explain again. Interested in what you have to say but that is not clear to me. Thanx

One example is that both Keel and Vallée were not taken with the idea of UFOs being nuts-and-bolts spacecraft from other star systems. And they both had good reasons for looking at other concepts. At a time when a lot of the UFO literature was saying much the same thing, Keel and Vallée were thinking "out of the box". Good reading on the topic to be had from both authors IMO.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I like your reality forecaster.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
consciousness is like vision, in other words if someone is blind which means he cant see a thing, that doesn't mean existing objects and their colours dont exist, so therefor consciousness is needed to in terms of recognising time and space.

time and space became to be from the beginning of the universe or in other words the big bang if the theory is right, if there was no sunrise and sunset there would be no time, and if there was no vision space would have been unknown or recognised.

just my two cents

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Some good food for thought there.

Not sure if scientists actually know what 'time' (or 'consciousness') really is but there are certainly a lot of similar temporal anomalies found buried in global UFO reports (usually following a bright flash) - the 'window area' concept is also a pretty fascinating one with lots of different freaky UFO/cryptid/poltergeist activity witnessed within a short timeframe and localised area.

Always liked this short vid of Vallee discussing patterns in data and the need to follow it no matter how bizarre it sounds - was also intrigued by his observation that UFOs 'represent a tremendous quantity of electromagnetic energy in a small volume'.

In his recent autobiographical book, Forbidden Science, Vallee summed up his views about the provenance of UFOs, a viewpoint that he's developed through decades of research: "The UFO Phenomenon exists. It has been with us throughout history. It is physical in nature and it remains unexplained in terms of contemporary science. It represents a level of consciousness that we have not yet recognized, and which is able to manipulate dimensions beyond time and space as we understand them." So much for anti-gravity-powered starships ferrying Big Brothers from outer space. Vallee thinks UFOs are likely "windows" to other dimensions manipulated by intelligent, often mischievous, always enigmatic beings we have yet to understand.

link

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Vallee mentions that there are physicists who believe "that time and space don't really exist as real entities," but emerge from consciousness, "taking notice of our own experiences." If this is true, then it's possible that we are creating our own perceived reality, which may open up a new way of approaching the UFO phenomenon.

I was just watching a show this weekend about ancient rock formations and how they could be dated by where the summer solstice lined up.... Guess they missed the Valle memo about time emerging from consciousness.

I mean isnt it crazy when you see those mile markers on the road and you reach the next one almost precisely by time=distance/speed.

I guess the Earth revolving around the Sun the same for everyone year after year is some shared consciousness of time and space...?

Hume would be proud, but I think for most of us, it has a certain smell.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Its not that complicated. Coming from a multiple abductee.

Researchers have to be experiencers to get my validation...and I parse those using personal experience as my scalpel.Vallee is JAFO.

edit on 17-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The theories that we create our own reality and step into it, are not new ideas.

Quantum physics is now providing evidence that it may be so.

The will, intent and perseverance of the observer... over time ... become the observer's reality.

It implies that things that do not exist, can be made to exist to fulfill the desired outcome. Rather mind boggling.

edit on 18-11-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
All physical matter is made of vibrating atoms.
All atoms are electrons spinning around nucleus made of protons/neutrons.
Those particles are made of even smaller parts that are moving around.
I believe there is really no "stuff there" when you zoom in far enough. Its just ripples in empty space.

The idea that everything is created by conscioussness doesnt seem so far fetched from this viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Or consciousness itself is not an "inside" phenomenon but emerges from the interactions of the various fields creating the universe as we see it.

Which might make it important to focus on ehh?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I still kind of like the idea that our reality has essentially been invaded by the "idea" of aliens, and that's almost on par with an actual physical invasion by aliens. Because is it really all that important that the aliens have "boots on the ground," as it were in order for us to call it an invasion? I think about American culture with TV and the Internet and how it has basically infected every part of the planet, often without the need for an American army or anything like that to physically invade. We only send troops in when the locals refuse to buy into the culture. Aliens could be the same way. As long as they know that when somebody says "aliens," the image of a short grey alien (or some other typical alien type) springs to mind, then they might consider that a success.

Not only that, we work so hard to try and emulate the flight characteristics we see of flying saucers / UFOs that we'll actually try to build them, and in that way making them physical, nuts-and-bolts ships in our reality.

How did they manage it? I suspect through our dreams. Telepathic contact with us through our dreams from far, far away. Too far to ever travel here by regular means. Invaded and conquered through our dreams and imaginations.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Interesting Video... always have enjoyed listening/reading theories from Jacque Vallee. His take on the Biblical Enoch event was very interesting.

Johnny

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Altering our awareness of reality is the result of manipulation of non linear time. Personal experience, 1995 Area 51. I saw it, experienced it, lived it. Inter dimensional retro causality. We are only infants in the galactic population and have no idea what constitutes the fundamental forces, dark energy and dark matter.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Altering our awareness of reality is the result of manipulation of non linear time. Personal experience, 1995 Area 51. I saw it, experienced it, lived it. Inter dimensional retro causality. We are only infants in the galactic population and have no idea what constitutes the fundamental forces, dark energy and dark matter.

link   

link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join