It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why You Don't Succeed - Simon Sinek on The Millennial Generation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Wanna talk about "lazy" and "entitled"?

Notice where wages and productivity start to separate, right around the time "millennials" were about to be born and around the time the boomers favorite president was in office. The "productivity" line also takes a sharp turn upward right around the time millennials were entering the workforce. "Lazy" my ass.

I really wonder why my generation feels taken advantage of? Hmmm... that's a tough one.
I'm gen X and I was born in 76 right around the timeline in the graph splits off. I'm in between gens and I've seen an entire generation robbed of their wealth. In know what my grandparents had and I've seen what millennials have. It's only going to get worse from here on out. It's a war of the haves vs the have nots and the divide is only getting larger. Ask the people at working in Amazon warehouses having to pee in bottles so they don't get fired for using the bathroom.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Every generation played in role in getting us to where we are now. No one is at fault any more than anyone else.

50s (pre-boomers) - "You must all act and dress according to regimented societal norms, being different is bad"
60s (boomers coming of age) - "Hey wait, we are individuals, not part of some massive society of clones, and hey we want rights! and drugs!"
70s - (boomers) "Oh we're getting a little older now, we've cast off the shackles of societal standards, but now what? Our whole costumey thing is a little played by now, perhaps an appt with a psychologist to help figure this out... and let's have some kids"
80s - Corporations say (headed by boomers and pre-boomers) - "Hey we see your conundrum, we've made all this expensive stuff to make you feel like individuals. Don't save your money, buy our stuff! America! F-yeah!"
90s - Gen X - "Even rebellion can be sold and branded, us gen x'ers should go into advertising and take what the boomers did, but go ape-sht with it. Spend spend spend on coolness y'all!"
2000s - "Damn all this crazy ups and downs of binging and purging money is starting to have a weird effect on everything. But the internet! We can all be individuals, and find other individuals but in one big group"
2010s - Boomers "what the hell happened". Gen X "not sure but I think we're the last ones to have actual money. Gen Y "What the hell did y'all do around here? Y'all made this place into a stimulation crazy day-glo mess. Eh well, at least we've can all go down while facetiming with some other kids who are super into K-pop on the other side of the globe"

And that, folks, is my summation of the past 50 years of US history.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
All the while, it ok for the Grandparents to spoil them stupid, and ruin their children's lives.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Every generation played in role in getting us to where we are now. No one is at fault any more than anyone else.

50s (pre-boomers) - "You must all act and dress according to regimented societal norms, being different is bad"
60s (boomers coming of age) - "Hey wait, we are individuals, not part of some massive society of clones, and hey we want rights! and drugs!"
70s - (boomers) "Oh we're getting a little older now, we've cast off the shackles of societal standards, but now what? Our whole costumey thing is a little played by now, perhaps an appt with a psychologist to help figure this out... and let's have some kids"
80s - Corporations say (headed by boomers and pre-boomers) - "Hey we see your conundrum, we've made all this expensive stuff to make you feel like individuals. Don't save your money, buy our stuff! America! F-yeah!"
90s - Gen X - "Even rebellion can be sold and branded, us gen x'ers should go into advertising and take what the boomers did, but go ape-sht with it. Spend spend spend on coolness y'all!"
2000s - "Damn all this crazy ups and downs of binging and purging money is starting to have a weird effect on everything. But the internet! We can all be individuals, and find other individuals but in one big group"
2010s - Boomers "what the hell happened". Gen X "not sure but I think we're the last ones to have actual money. Gen Y "What the hell did y'all do around here? Y'all made this place into a stimulation crazy day-glo mess. Eh well, at least we've can all go down while facetiming with some other kids who are super into K-pop on the other side of the globe"

And that, folks, is my summation of the past 50 years of US history.
My grandparents fought for what they had. They retired with full pensions an equal share of the American dream. Since the 80's I've watched everything they fought for get systematically destroyed by the rich. In the 1950's half of Americas workforce was unionized. Today it's less then 6%. We were told we don't need unions anymore because they companies we work for looked out for our best interest. We were told unions are bad. Last year a Toyota plant in Alabama tried to organize. Most workers didn't even know what a union was. A line worker at Toyota in Alabama makes $13 an hour. A line worker at Ford in Michigan makes $25 an hour. Some might say the line worker in Michigan is over paid for being unskilled labor. Those Ford workers fought for their wages decades ago. Those wages are based proportionately on what Ford makes in profit. People complain about the cost of cars. You don't see Toyota passing any savings on to people. Before unions people went to the bathroom in their pants because if they left the line they'd get fired. The same thing is taking place at Amazon right now. Jeff Bezos the richest man in the world won't let his workers take lunch breaks or go to the bathroom. My grandmother spent 30 years climbing in and out of trunks all day inspecting wiring at Crystler. She had a 3rd grade education. My grandfather was a line worker at Crystler he had an 8th grade education. They lived the American dream I know what they had. The worked hard for it too but at least they had rights in the work place and fair pay. My grandfather was at Omaha Beach Normandy on D-day. My grandmother worked in a munitions factory and made parts for the bombs dropped on Japan. Both were UAW and they bled right white and blue.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

We're at the third generation from that bleeding, it all gets forgotten till the blood flows in the streets again.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We're at the third generation from that bleeding, it all gets forgotten till the blood flows in the streets again.
You're right and that's what it's going to take. They've been militarizing our police and any uprising would get crushed. Don't count on the constitution to save you. Snowden already proved that was null and void.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I think it is worse than it used to be (more so for blue collar than anything).

But relying on entry level for any generation is mistake number one.

The next round of mistakes is over consuming with no financial plan. It's still possible to become wealthy if you have a vision. Be cheap with everything you can while placing money into equity.

Could we as a nation do better in creating a better environment to help that flourish? Absolutely. But we can't expect anyone or government to do that for us.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

You're right and that's what it's going to take. They've been militarizing our police and any uprising would get crushed. Don't count on the constitution to save you. Snowden already proved that was null and void.

Yep, not to mention the partisan lines being drawn in the sand, I've been told many times I need to pick a side for the coming war.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Why is this crap being posted on here?

For every one of this type there are hundreds if not thousands of failures, nobody hears of the failures, only the successful few are given a voice to give the "small" people some hope.
No person has the right to sit back and generalise an entire generation based on their own thoughts.

Always the same old story, divide people and pit them against each other.

Narcassism at its finest from someone with money. But wait, he has glasses so it must be true!

This crap belongs on Linkedin where everyone does the whole, my job is awesome and im great thing.
edit on 17-11-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This guy hits some personal bias in his talk at about 6:50~

People from my generation understand the cell phone in hand/cell phone on table differently than boomers.

They find it offensive, we find it normal.

I'm good on the rest.
One hard bias, is enough for me to pass on the rest bruh.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yep, not to mention the partisan lines being drawn in the sand, I've been told many times I need to pick a side for the coming war.
What the average American don't understand is they have more in common with the guy working at Taco Bell then the guy sitting on his yhatt with a helicopter pad eat $10,000 an ounce Baluga caviar. This partisan bs is nothing but a distraction to keep us fighting for scraps.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I had to watch the vid three times because cell phone Facebook messenger.
That's bad huh? Looks I'll be cry'n myself to sleep tonight. Thanks for all the
help OP

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

What the average American don't understand is they have more in common with the guy working at Taco Bell then the guy sitting on his yhatt with a helicopter pad eat $10,000 an ounce Baluga caviar. This partisan bs is nothing but a distraction to keep us fighting for scraps.

As you can see it's working, hell we even having Americans defending nth Korea's little Kim.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I’m a millennial that was raised by boomers.
You’ll better get your timelines straight.

My pops was born in 52’ and I was born in 92’.

The biggest problem with millennials is the molly codling.
Their parents said they could be anything, but they didn’t realise what hard work it takes to follow your dreams, or that dreams are just that - dreams.

So they end up as 30 year olds in their moms basements.

I hate my generation.
They busy themselves with all the wrong things, but when it comes to hard work, putting in the hours and not talking back to the boss - well that’s exactly what they can’t do.

Pragmatism is dead, now it’s all about ‘feelings’.
The soldiers that bled out in Germany also had feelings, but they put that behind them to GET THE JOB DONE.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry you hate a whole generation, especially your own, and especially when the hate is centred on such wild generalisations. Some people succeed and some people don't, that has happened throughout the generations as it is the nature of business/life. There are many millennials now doing very well, apparently there are over 600,000 millennial millionaires in the USA. And for some people it's just much easier regardless of age (bank of Mummy and Daddy, geographical location, luck of having quality supervisors etc). But menial jobs have to be filled as well, and the problem of today is that people in full-time work can't guarantee being able to afford to live.

The soldiers in Germany were a whole other generation, who fought against their wishes and would have given anything to have been part of the generations afterwards, the fact the world is a better place now should be celebrated and the "molly-coddling" as you say (or in my words just treated with respect) is a reflection of that better society.

It's lovely to think that hard work leads to realisation of dreams, but a little depressing to think that never questioning authority leads to it. I would say those are not the universal rules you think they are.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ask a millennial to sign their name...

They be like what's script

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ask a geezer what time it is and they'll say it's '12, 12, 12 o'clock' since they can't figure out how to program anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Neither does your post, or are all millennials liberal in your opinion?

Sure it does. Students spend almost more time around teachers and professors these days than ever before. And many students are influenced to some degree by them, in one regard or another, and will buy into just about anything they say because of admiration or their profession. And since the majority lean left, what are students going to pick up on? Math is racist. The non-existant wage gap is the cause of all woes. Its absolutely the fault of someone else for the high student-debt, not the predatory nature of tuition, nationalized student debts, lack of financial education, and useless courses like gender studies..

Well they can't be, since I'm one as well. lol
edit on 17-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

Gen X raised millennials, I wonder where they got their parenting skills? Hmmm....

Gen X didn't raise millenials.

The supplanting of the family unit, and STATE parenting did that job so well.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I watched my grandmother on one side of the family pay off a beautiful home in the mountains with a factory union job doing something that would now pay $12 an hour

she had a pension full benefits everything, single mom, worked and purchased a house took care of kids and retired

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join