It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS where a lot of MSM get their stories?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have to seriously wonder if ATS is a "source" for a lot of MSM stories. There are parallels that seem to pop up VERY closely tied with things here on ATS and very quickly.

I have noticed this on numerous occasions and it really has me wondering.

We have a lot of what folks call "shills" here. My thought is the shills are actually folks on the same side acting as trolls to get folks here to do the real research on subjects.

We have a couple handfuls of folks here that actually research what they post and do so in a very intelligent and diligent manner and can truly source what they speak about.

The "shills" are able to easily get fairly well researched info and sources from people here by acting as a troll for the other side.

Obviously, it makes sense to me since I am posting this thread. Anyone else feel like there are a few accounts here that could be doing this? Could be for stories or for a deep dive into a particular area of interest.

I know I have personally done a lot of research in the past on many topics. I have personally seen things I have found in stories that suddenly pop up in MSM very closely in time relation to when I posted about them. For example a lot of research I did into the Uranium 1 stuff....I found government records of it being transferred to Canada and a worker being treated for exposure to "yellow cake" from a exploding barrel....etc...

Anywho....anyone else have this thought?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
OR Ats is just quicker than MSM in picking up stories from what is going round on the internet?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Or ATS generally follows the mainstream news cycle, which is what I lean towards.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I think there's more to it than that. I've certainly seen ordinary news stories appearing on main media a coupls of days after they've been discussed on ATS. That's why I favour at least the "quicker off the mark" theory.

edit on 15-11-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Can't say the thought of you didn't cross my mind.

No wait! Okay that's not what I meant. Forgive me apologies.
What I meant to say was your thought has crossed my mind as well.
But you've given the thought substance.

Backs away slowly he turns and

RUN!

edit on 15-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Tail wagging the dog. It's more like ATS people plucking stories off Drudge and planting them here. And THAT'S why ATS has become nothing more than another news aggregator site pretty much indistinguishable from any other one.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Tail wagging the dog. It's more like ATS people plucking stories off Drudge and planting them here. And THAT'S why ATS has become nothing more than another news aggregator site pretty much indistinguishable from any other one.

Yea, it's rare I see anything here I wouldn't see on news.google.com, or hear on talk radio.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Some FoxNews personalities get scoops from ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All due respect to some of the few folks who do actual research and present actual facts here, but, from what I’ve seen, everything that shows up on ATS is from corporate media or the blogsphere/independent media (which is still corporate, btw).

There are some posters that seem to show up with partisan talking points ... but those may be just, well, partisan folks.

I’d like to see our sourcing and citations guidelines made more strict at least in some of the forums. I think the mods and management are trying to head in the direction of improving the overall content to the standards of the past.

I also find it unendingly amusing that I am considered by some to be a “professional” ... but that’s the world we live in.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Drudge is still around?

And if that is what you believe then why are you still here?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

And how do you know this? I hardly ever see anything posted on ATS that wasn't "breaking news" on the MSM first. This is a news aggregate site.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I doubt it occurs direct from ATS since they have twittersphere of endless mind splitting conspiracies being pushed to munch on. Course, the History Channel took a screenshot post of an ATS thread and merged it into one of their Ancient Aliens episodes. But, as for msm much of the news is syndicated so within 24 hours it's everywhere, and sowed in your sub-conscious. All part of the black magic spells of mind numbing control.

Maybe tvtexan if he's still around will pop in and offer a few words.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Drudge is still around?

My opinion. No reason to take it personally. Inertia, probably, since I have been here a long time. I'm still here for the increasingly rare tidbits in the UFO and paranormal fields which rarely make it through the MSM. But in most respects ATS IS the MSM. That's the point. There's not that much difference. Indeed, the only real difference between ATS and Drudge is that ATS allows comments and Drudge does not.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
No, I think it's:
Reality
Social media
Various biased websites
Reality

ATS

Snail mail

MSM?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I think it's kind of a cyclical thing between ATS and the MSM. Whereas the MSM gets some of its content from ATS and ATS gets some of its content from the MSM.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Can't speak for him... But I come because of the members.

Unfortunately, many still get caught up in the two talking points... The "official" lines for an issue.

But there are still quite a few who will try and dig deeper, or question the narrative MSM and the government try to push.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well...

There are a few stories that originated here. The Japan quake that led to the tsunami that eventually became the Fukushima Disaster was posted on ATS about 10 minutes after the quake happened. A good 15-20 minutes ahead of MSM sources.

Made in China routers with a backdoor for Chinese industrial (among other types of) espionage. Ran here first as well.

Quite a number of oddball small stories happen days and weeks ahead of MSM. Sometimes it is the fault of the news cycle. Sometimes it is filler and sidebar topics for radio show hosts. Very much so for local radio shows versus national syndication types. And still strangest of all is when you know a person just lucky guessed their way into how a story will develop.

Oh sure there are naysayers that take every opportunity to crap on the site in their fourth or fifth incarnation that will say otherwise. And there are those that had an Off Topic Post removed six years ago with an axe to grind.

And yes, quite a number of stories are brought here from elsewhere with the knowledge that they can discuss in greater detail with minds that are not the standard uninformed knuckle dragging trolls on Facebook, Twitter, etc. that is the simple beauty of it. And in turn, some big timers scrape our discussions and use the good posts to bolster their standing. Because, yes I have heard word for word verbatim more than a few posts over the years on difficult topics.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's the perfect site to collect information to evaluate the amount of hostility pertaining to what is happening in DC. The NSA monitors everything internet and beyond. Who uses all of that data and why? They are Big Brother. Don't you think Hannity has someone on his staff monitor this site? Sure they do. They all do.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I used to find that some time ago I would see things on ATS hours or even days before I saw or heard it anywhere else.

I would find information being shared here, and then a day or two later the media would be discussing it.

Now though, I find that more often than not people make threads about things that he happened a good while ago as if it were new. Or that ATS is behind on certain things because of the focus on politics.

Heck, I get a feeling of disappointment when I see a cool science article and my first thought is usually something along the lines of I bet the smart folks over at ATS already have a thread going on about this, but when I get here there's nothing but the usual what idiot in the political realm said what now.

edit on 15-11-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join