It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 4.8m unauthorised immigrants in Europe in 2017 – study

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The Euporean Liberals alone with their elitist friends on the top share the blame for this ever rising crisis and mess which they allowed to open and happen.
In a study by (Pew Research Center/Yes i know questionable source still interesting though ) stated that there are 4.8m unauthorised immigrants in Europe in 2017. And majority of all those that arrived? were mostly all young and male!

Once again this study alone just further proves the point that the far right and nationalists were right about the immigrants and that many of them were nothing more then males.
Even still in this study once again they continue to lie about that many of these young male immigrants were just war and violence yet some of these alleged immigrants are bringing that violence to Europe! ironic.

And makes you further question onto just how many these so called immigrants that came into Europe are actual criminals fleeing their countries disguised as immigrants?

Even a Libyan official of the UN gov had stated that many of these migrants could be very well criminals and jihadists.

Remember Austria's far leftist Welcome refuge charade marches? well Austria took in majority of them.
Up to 4.8m unauthorised immigrants in Europe in 2017 – study

A pro-refugees rally in Vienna in 2015. Austria had between 100,000 and 200,000 unauthorised immigrants in 2017

The Pew Research Center study, based on data from the 32 EU and Efta member states and international organisations, found the range was significantly higher than in 2014 (3 million to 3.7 million) but had fallen slightly since a 2016 peak of 4.1 million to 5.3 million. The study also found that unauthorised immigrants in Europe came from many different countries, had arrived relatively recently and were mostly young and male.

The number of unauthorised immigrants in Germany almost doubled between 2014 and 2016, while in the UK the total barely changed. The report’s authors said most of the UK’s unauthorised immigrants were “likely to be people who have overstayed their visas, or asylum seekers who have remained in the UK after not seeing their cases approved”.

Just under a third of unauthorised immigrants in Europe in 2017 came from Asia Pacific countries including Afghanistan and Pakistan, 23% came from European non-EU/Efta countries such as Russia and Turkey, 21% came from the Middle East and north Africa, including Syria and Iraq, and 17% came from sub-Saharan Africa, including Nigeria and Eritrea. In the UK, 52% were from the Asia Pacific region. Across the 32 states, 56% of all unauthorised immigrants had lived in their country of residence for less than five years and 16% for between five and nine years, the study found. In Germany, 66% had arrived since 2014, while in the UK nearly six in 10 had been in the country for five years or longer.

60,000 young refugees and migrants who arrived in Italy alone lack support

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The study claims to suggest that 57% unauthorised immigrants in Europe came from Asia? if anything that would be a lie if not covering up the actual of unauthorised immigrants in Europe that came from sub-Saharan Africa. Either way the report is interesting and just further shows that the far right were correct on the notion that majority of those migrants that came through to Europe were just young males.

In the second article provided by the UN, the UN complains how 60 000 young male African refugees that arrived in Italy lacked any support.

I cant say i am not surprised.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A few days ago, there was a news article in my country. A Truck was stopped and discovered something like 88 individuals being smuggled. They were caught.

Now, remember that tragedy a few weeks ago where 39 asians suffocated in a truck in Britain ?

These are just examples where this smuggling was "twarted". Imagine how man of them get through and are never caught or reported or seen for that matter ?

I suspect the number of migrants that are not even registered to exist or entered a country in EU is far greater than 4.8 million.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Mario, please. The word migrant is so, well, negative. Can we call them long term visitors instead?
I am trying to get in step with the New Europe.

Reminds me of a Cretan I spoke to once. He said, "yeah, we had a bunch of them as tourists here in the 1940s and it was hard to get them to leave!" ... speaking of the German occupation forces in World War II.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Mario, please. The word migrant is so, well, negative. Can we call them long term visitors instead? I am trying to get in step with the New Europe.

Long term visitors seems...rather appropriate
It's mellow, non descriptive of ethnic or economic status, and in the end...it sounds benign

Reminds me of a Cretan I spoke to once. He said, "yeah, we had a bunch of them as tourists here in the 1940s and it was hard to get them to leave!" ... speaking of the German occupation forces in World War II.

that was probably a joke

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
A lot of them are immigrants from countries in europe which are not part of the EU. Those pump up the numbers, but do not come from Africa or Asia.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Just imagine what will happen should Erdogan act on his threat to let a few million more cross the border into Greece.

Incredible how certain policy stances by various politicians have enabled the sheer movement of peoples to become an asymmetric threat to the security of multiple nations.

If you are in Croatia, I would be interested to hear how it is there. If nothing else, it seems like Croatia is on "the highway" leading to wealthy EU lands.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Shoot them.
Private property is private property.

If I’m on someone private property I get shot.
I don’t see how this is any different, it’s just on a larger scale.

Go to their country of origin illegally and see what happens.
They should get the same treatment on the other side.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
A lot of them are immigrants from countries in europe which are not part of the EU. Those pump up the numbers, but do not come from Africa or Asia.

Majority of European country immigrants that are outside EU are legal, in a sense...they have papers, passports, and their identity can be checked.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

If you are in Croatia, I would be interested to hear how it is there. If nothing else, it seems like Croatia is on "the highway" leading to wealthy EU lands.

Well..it's getting nasty. There are more and more reports about disturbances along the border. There's even talk of sending in the military on the border. Huge numbers are stopped and sent back. Not much is written in the media about it, unless something dire happens. If someone dies or gets injured.

There are reports of locals that live in secluded areas alongside the border, getting robbed, houses broken into. The locals are getting anxious.

If Turkey follows through on threats...the real circus will then commence.

edit:

Jutarnji

here's a article (it's in Croatian) from september 2019, apparently 11 000 people attempted to cross and were stopped by the time article was written. And these are just the "official" numbers. Slovenia is the next country, and it caught additional 6000 people that managed to cross Croatia, and returned them back to Croatia. Thats around 18 000 that we know about. We have 4 million inhabitants, and Slovenia has only 1 million. Bare in mind, that's just on one or two border crossings in a rather small country like mine. Imagine the numbers in Spain, Italy, Greece...

The crisis is still brewing, but the media has reduced reporting on it hugely.
edit on 15-11-2019 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Sick comment

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Sick comment

Nope, realistic comment.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Sick comment

Go to their home country with no visa and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Sick comment

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Mario, thanks for the comments re: Croatia. The border situation sounds like what I've heard from friends who live near the USA-Mexico border. There is always a "no-man's-land" feel to border areas, even in normal times. I can imagine that sensation is much stronger in these situations.

Let me see how Bing Translate does with the article you mentioned.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
One interesting comment from the article linked by Mario was this. (First in native text, then translated).

Naime, hrvatski kapaciteti za smještaj ilegalnih migranata su izuzetno mali u odnosu na njihov sve veći priljev. U Centru u Ježevu ima mjesta za 96 osoba, u Centru u Trilju je 14 četverokrevetnih soba, u zagrebačkom hotelu Porin ima mjesta za 100 soba.

Namely, the Croatian capacities for the accommodation of illegal migrants are extremely small in relation to their increasing influx. In the center in Ježevo there is room for 96 persons, in the center in Trilj there are 14 quadruple rooms, in the Zagreb Hotel Porin there is room for 100 rooms.

This is an issue for smaller European countries, both on the micro scale mentioned here, as well as a broader view that a small land area affords less time for societies to adjust to the presence of newcomers from different cultures.

No aspect of this situation will be easily resolved with all parties content with the outcome. What disturbs me most about the mentality of European political leaders is that too many of them (publicly, at least) act as if the challenge posed by mass migration is minor.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

We are kinda relying on our "unattractedness" (relatively low wages and no social program to speak of) so majority of those migrants do not intend to stay there...but could ultimately be forced to stay if they are not released to travel further.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Mario, btw, is the "MUP" a police force? Was wondering because Bing translated "MUP" as "Mister MUP".

Cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Mario, btw, is the "MUP" a police force? Was wondering because Bing translated "MUP" as "Mister MUP".

Cheers

LOL...it's the Ministry of Internal affairs or "Ministarstvo unutarnjih poslova" in Croatian. Yes..that's the national police force

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Sick comment

Nope, realistic comment.

So you would shoot babys and woman too? Hope you will be born in a poor country in your next life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join