It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR - The Legal Case For Impeachment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Thanks for posting this. Professor Turley has long been a fair Constitutional analyst.

Spot on in the weakness of the Democrat’s current case; as well as the suggestion that the real meat-and-potatoes are to be found in the Mueller Report.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Lumenari

More seriously though ... damning all the testimony as hearsay is absurd. The transcript of the call is known and attested to by the White House.

These “non-elected officials” make up the great bulk of the working staff of the United States Government ... so your idea is that they for some reason can’t testify to meetings, conversations, memos, etc. that they have had regarding the subject matter?

That’s absurd.

The testimony so far has been by two people who were not on the call, have never met Trump and have only heard things 2nd or 3rd hand that they had an opinion about.

VS.... we have the actual transcript.

The "non-elected officials" are career parasites that have been quite happy when a President just shut up and let them run things and are now upset that a President is actually doing his job.

You know, foreign diplomacy.

We're impeaching a President because of the opinions of disgruntled government officials.

This isn't an easy sell to the majority of America and will backfire on the Democratic party.

We'll see when the dust settles in 2020 and I'm fine with eating crow on the issue if I'm wrong.

But I think that the Democrats have politically injured themselves with this whole thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Is that your KGB station?
Or is it GRU international?

I know, it is this right?
The Bullhorn of your Communist Owners:

chinaplus.cri.cn...

www.hdradioplayer.co...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

a reply to: DanDanDat

Thanks for posting this. Professor Turley has long been a fair Constitutional analyst.

Spot on in the weakness of the Democrat’s current case; as well as the suggestion that the real meat-and-potatoes are to be found in the Mueller Report.

So you think that the current nothing-burger will be resurrected by the last nothing-burger.

And the Democrats will be able to sell that to the American public.

Fascinating.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

www.dailywire.com... Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko said on Thursday that the United States Ambassador Gordon Sondland did not link financial military assistance to a request for Ukraine to open up an investigation into former vice president and current Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. “Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and certainly did not tell me, about a connection between the assistance and the investigations,” Prystaiko said, according to Reuters. “You should ask him.” “I have never seen a direct relationship between investigations and security assistance,” Prystaiko continued. “Yes, the investigations were mentioned, you know, in the conversation of the presidents. But there was no clear connection between these events.”

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

We’ve had the transcript of the call FOR WEEKS. Released by the White House itself.

The continual droning of the talking points on hearsay are boring and baseless.

You don’t like bureaucrats? Join the crowd. Implying that they don’t have the knowledge, experience, and basis for their testimonies thus far? Just silly.

No. We’re impeaching a President because our governmental system is broken beyond repair.

We’re impeaching a President because there’s more than enough evidence to do so, but, the Democrats don’t mean to actually do anything, aside from sow more discord and further harm the fabric of our country with their partners the Republicans.

I don’t think the Dems have hurt themselves at all, if you keep their real goal in mind: it’s the same as the Republicans - sow division and reap confusion among the American people.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Poking a bit of fun at you is like kicking a homeless person?

Wow.

Strange how you went to that right away ... old pastime?

TL;DR - Don’t act like a zealot and perhaps folks won’t joke about it.

I was a homeless person once.

Maybe I just have an instinct about people like you...

After all, you have no problem just straight out verbally attacking a woman on a forum for typing a word wrong.

Because it makes you feel good.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

Is that your KGB station?
Or is it GRU international?

I know, it is this right?
The Bullhorn of your Communist Owners:

chinaplus.cri.cn...

www.hdradioplayer.co...

LOL ... you’re a special kind of poster, ain’t ya?

It’s a joke Wildmanimal, a light jest.

How McCarthyean of you though, to throw out the old COMMUNIST! charge.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Did they go into a deeper analysis of the person who overheard a cell phone call to Trump while the person was in a restaurant in Ukraine ? 😃😃

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Poking a bit of fun at you is like kicking a homeless person?

Wow.

Strange how you went to that right away ... old pastime?

TL;DR - Don’t act like a zealot and perhaps folks won’t joke about it.

I was a homeless person once.

Maybe I just have an instinct about people like you...

After all, you have no problem just straight out verbally attacking a woman on a forum for typing a word wrong.

Because it makes you feel good.

Verbally attacking a woman on a forum? For making a joke about your well-known affection for Mr. Trump?

Sorry you’ve ever been homeless. Perhaps you should be a bit less ready to imply that anyone you don’t agree with doesn’t have a job and doesn’t work, eh?

Having been down and out yourself, right?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Did they go into a deeper analysis of the person who overheard a cell phone call to Trump while the person was in a restaurant in Ukraine ? 😃😃

Nah, the Republicans are waiting for the transcript from the Russians.

You know, to avoid hearsay.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Couldnt have misheard anything while snooping?

Did she have a warrant?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So when is the side by side transcript of the phone call and the Schiff version going to be read into record for consideration? That should help the Second Lost Cause.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Did she have a warrant?

Did she need one in the Ukraine?

LOL.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Did she have a warrant?

LOL.

Probably part of that rushia thing?
Right?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So when is the side by side transcript of the phone call and the Schiff version going to be read into record for consideration? That should help the Second Lost Cause.

I will tell you. I had very low expectations of the Dems going in to this ... and they haven’t disappointed.

If this silly Ukrainian crap is all they have, and all they plan to bring, they deserve to have Trump for another 4 years with absolutely NO legal restraint on his actions.

What a massive failure of the American process.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Did she have a warrant?

LOL.

Probably part of that rushia thing?
Right?

Yeah, I understand that the Russians are well-known to control the cellular system in the Ukraine.

So in this case, you’re actually on track with the “ma Rusha” crap.

Broke clock and such.
edit on 14-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Meh
I doubt you understand much
Muller was going to get trump, right?
She was going to win, right?
No vote needed, right?

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Meh
I doubt you understand much
Muller was going to get trump, right?
She was going to win, right?
No vote needed, right?

Then we have similar opinions of each other hey!

Mueller did get Trump, the Dems are too dumb to use it.

Yep, she was going to win, until she didn’t.

And no, no vote was needed to hold investigations, as you have seen. You do realize the public show now has all been discovered previously right? you know, when they were having the actual investigation?

But hey, it’s always good to hear from a fan.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

More seriously though ... damning all the testimony as hearsay is absurd. The transcript of the call is known and attested to by the White House.

These “non-elected officials” make up the great bulk of the working staff of the United States Government ... so your idea is that they for some reason can’t testify to meetings, conversations, memos, etc. that they have had regarding the subject matter?

That’s absurd.

Attested or not, to say a transcript that is NOT verbatim and is someone’s recollection of a conversation is 100% factual is absurd isn’t it? This whole premise of this charade is in a sense hearsay in many respects.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join