It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rural people are bad and make bad decisions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Pardon me in advance, but , this just pisses me off.

In the age of all this wonderfully p.c. to the point of nausea, this is an acceptable statement?

I'm not going to expound much further on my feelings about this, as I've made it plenty clear i don't agree with this.

But, really? This # is acceptable, by the same people who are offended by everything and anything, and want special consideration for every nonsensical notion that creates a buzz?

Link here.
www.blacklistednews.c om/article/75401/berkeley-instructor-rural-americans-are-bad-people-who-have-made-bad-life.html

edit on 14-11-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Nov 14 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Swing on by and tell the millions of people who live in rural areas that. Go 'head mouthy, go tell em.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You're not kidding there. I may not be the bastion of success, but I work damn hard at raising my kids with a moral compass and respect for their and others dignity.

I live in a rural, small town. People here are good for the most part. We have a few wild asses , but even they will drop what they're doing if someone needs help.

Must be our "bad decision making".

edit on 14-11-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you need help in the middle of a big city people will just walk by you in their self-absorbed stupor. If you need help in a rural area everyone will come to your rescue. There are way nicer people in the country.

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, the rural community provides the food, energy and raw materials that city dwellers rely on to survive.

This Jackson Kernion is not a very bright fellow and I'm sure he's ingesting crow and I see removed the post to hide it. Crow tastes bad going back down.

Philosophers the world could do without I'm sure, so it's not a profession anyone but a professional student picks as a profession. Do they still call these folks professional students? People who never leave school their whole lives? I'm not up to speed on modern terminology. They were a dime a dozen in the 70s when I attended college. Some had multiple degrees, but never had a job outside of working at a school.

Oddly enough, rural people have the same degrees as the city folk. Attend the same universities. They just don't like living in sardine cans surrounded by gangs and crime. Who wants to raise children in a city now days.

It's a shame that rural America can't go on strike for a year, to make it clear where all the stuff of survival comes from. City slickers can't even grow their own food; how smart can they be. Tongue in cheek of course. I like everyone.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

UC-Berkeley ?
I didn’t need to read past that to know this guy is a Leftist radical.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I can walk out and piss off my back porch. Beat that.

But I guess if you have 10 Starbucks within 2 blocks that makes you better.

City folks.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's worth quoting what he said...

In the now-deleted Twitter post published on Nov. 5, Kernion explained why he thought it is plausible to shame rural Americans.

“I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans. they, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions,” Kernion wrote.

“Some, I assume, are good people. But this nostalgia for some imagined pastoral way of life is stupid, and we should shame people who aren’t pro-city.”

Before turning to critique the rural American lifestyle, Kernion wrote in another post about affordable healthcare for rural Americans. He said he believed it would mean they have to be subsidized by “those who choose a more efficient way of life.” “Rural healthcare should be expensive!” he wrote. “And that expense should be borne by those who choose rural America!” “It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America. It should be uncomfortable to not move,” he added.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Rural people seldom have the leftist ideology so praised by the elite.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You sure opened a can of worms here, so I will add to it. Cost. What does it cost to run utilities to a sub division compared to a home ten miles out of town? Do they pay extra to run and maintain these rural services? Clearing snow through out town whats the cost compared to plowing 10 miles of road so a person can get to their rural home? Do they pay extra in taxes? No that would be unfair.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I stopped reading at Berkeley Instructor... Guess that makes me a bad rural person.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So some idiot has an idiotic opinion and you're pissed off about it, why not just ignore it and use your energy for something that makes you happy.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am sorry I can't remember his name . My memory, and mental ability has been greatly diminished by Lyme Disease. There was a man that worked in DC, I think with PBS, that decided to live in the Mid West for a few years, to see just how stupid rural people really are.

He found out, he and his kind were the stupid ones. The experience changed him forever.

I don't agree with everything President Trump does, or says, but I have often said, if everyone that voted for him left the country, this country would collapse in one week.

If everyone that voted for H.C. left the country, we would probably be stronger, and wouldn't have to endure the idiotic hypocrisy of many on the far fringes of reality.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
People have the right to choose where they live, for whatever reason. Period.

I would much rater be in a rural area as opposed to a big city any day. I spent 20+ years in the DC metropolitan area. The day I retired was the day I planned my move to rural Kentucky.....as far away from a big city as I could get.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^

Couldn't have said it better.

Only thing I would add to that is we pay some hellish taxes and get very little back, as our funds end up paying for the big cities never-ending nonsense.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm not perfect bud. But i finally finished my days work. And in between the rest of my home/side work I read this.

But rest assured,I will get plenty of energy from this to use towards work.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zeta55

Is this what you are referring to?

This guy did something

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zeta55

I am sorry to hear about your lymes disease struggle. I've had it once before, and have a feeling I have it again.

But I will look into this person you spoke of , sounds interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There's room for all of us and neither choice is bad. It matters more that people live where they are comfortable. City folk are not bad and rural folk are not bad, not really.

It's this damn us vs them garbage.

those who choose a more efficient way of life

It's not about efficient, it's about quality of life. He's not much of a philosopher and sounds more like a corporate exec.. "Efficiency"

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
One of our worse decisions is not shooting and robbing each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join