It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trip to Chaco Canyon New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I finally had an opportunity to visit Chaco Canyon.
It was unforgettable, I can't reccomend it enough.

The drive was everything I could have hoped for; scenic, introspective, secluded.

It's all very spacious Navajo land, and some of the buttes and mountains are just asweome.
Everything is public roads. Once you reach the turn off on the 57, it's 20+ miles of bumpy dirt road.

Chaco canyon has a beautiful visitor center, and there is a small campground east of it. You need to book it ahead of time, there are not a lot of spaces. The entire location is a oval-ish 3 mile road. It circles the sites.

The pueblos are absolutely incredible. The amount of work that went into construction must have been an unparalleled experience for the builders.

I was thrilled to discover that the public was free to walk around inside of them, explore them, and examine each minute detail.

At the bend of the oval road is a parking lot. It leads to miles of trails that lead to petroglyphs and other small locations. The trail is straight and flat.

I'll stop describing it, here are the pics.
I had a feeling that the sun would interact with this wondow. I went back around noon... boom!

edit on 14-11-2019 by LedermanStudio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am glad you had a good visit. I have been there many times, it’s everything you described and more. In the fall of the year, mid September, it seem Chaco call to me. It’s one of the special places where I feel the vail between our word and the spirit world is very thin.
edit on 14-11-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This has been posted before,but you had a head in the last post lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Must one be decapitated to visit the sites? Id like to skip that bit if possible.

All jokes aside, it seems like you're on quite the adventure and I'm happy for ya! Albeit slightly jealous. Keep the pics coming

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

I've been there - and you're right. It's amazing

New Mexico is an astonishingly beautiful and magical state

top topics

join